NBA 2K10: THE SEASON STARTS TODAY!

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Bullseye wrote:
What I hated about 09 was that they didn´t put the retro jerseys in the game. I love alternate and retro jerseys. I hope they bring them back and add the St. Patricks day and Noche Latina jerseys.

Good news for you Bullseye

In addition to gameplay, visuals and in-game presentation have also received an overhaul in NBA LIVE 10. 90 throwback jerseys and more than 500 shoes will update throughout the course of the year**. All new player models will elevate the look of each individual player in the game to reflect their real world counterparts. Authentic lighting and design for all 30 NBA arenas, and commentary that evolves throughout the season to reflect big trades, key match-ups, and injuries, will work together to deliver the most authentic presentation in an NBA LIVE videogame to date.

Yessir :)

engies

Liked Posts:
It should be in stores in Australia tomorrow or on friday (2k that is....live is already out). I'm getting it on 360 wouldn't mind playing some people from here. Would be weird if we both choose Bulls when we play.

Bullseye wrote:
Too bad you don´t have a PS3. I would love to play a couple of games with you.

The only thing I don´t like about NBA Live is that Steve Kerr still says the same things since NBA Live 2005. But it´s not that annoying.

I loved the hangar in NBA Live 09 and how you could put your own highlight videos in it. What I hated about 09 was that they didn´t put the retro jerseys in the game. I love alternate and retro jerseys. I hope they bring them back and add the St. Patricks day and Noche Latina jerseys.

Could be coz Kerr is now a GM. I dont understand how a GM is allowed to be the voice of a video game. Isn't there some conflicting interest there

Why not get jeff van gundy or someone else well known. Is Fratello still commentating?

??? ?????? wrote:
I'd have to rate NBA 2k10 as a 5.

Positives:

-The new energy system.

Negatives:

-Unable to download my player for My Player mode from NBA 2k10 Draft Combine.
-NBA Today is NBA Today if we weren't paying attention. Went to play the Bulls vs. Jazz game, and the rosters were comletely wrong. So much for that mode, at least for now.
-The slow downs are horrible. Interior defense and penetration are two of the most important parts of basketball, but the game slows down with almost any activity in the paint. This, and this alone is why 2K does not deserve a rating above a 5.

Yeh the 2k roster system, while i appreciate the 82games synergy thing they did with tendencies, the ratings are bullshit and the "2k insider" dude sucks he updates ratings horribly

better off waiting until some good rosters and sliders come out mate....join operationsports.com forums theres some roster & slider genius's there. In a month they will have some real good stuff up, probably sooner

I never got the 2k official rosters i always get from highly rated guys there who upload on 2k share

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
engies wrote:
Bullseye wrote:

The only thing I don´t like about NBA Live is that Steve Kerr still says the same things since NBA Live 2005. But it´s not that annoying.

I loved the hangar in NBA Live 09 and how you could put your own highlight videos in it. What I hated about 09 was that they didn´t put the retro jerseys in the game. I love alternate and retro jerseys. I hope they bring them back and add the St. Patricks day and Noche Latina jerseys.

Could be coz Kerr is now a GM. I dont understand how a GM is allowed to be the voice of a video game. Isn't there some conflicting interest there

Why not get jeff van gundy or someone else well known. Is Fratello still commentating?

Yeah why not Neil Funk? :p :D

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
ps2? No wonder you guys wanted to play the fantasy league "for fun"...

Lol, I have more important places to spend my money then on video games.

engies

Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
engies wrote:
Bullseye wrote:

Yeah why not Neil Funk? :p :D

I can just imagine it now

Marv Albert: "Gordon for the 3! Yes! Ben Gordon is one of the best 3pt shooters in the game"
Neil Funk: "He should've just shot that, he looked at the 3pt line and stepped back to take that shot. He should just catch and shoot.....unless someone cares about their own stats!"

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Also, the lack of pictures for a lot of the players ruins the presentation of the game some.

J-Mart

Liked Posts:
Keep the reviews coming. Last year I had Live and I liked it a lot. I can't decide which one to get this year, so keep the reviews coming. I'd really like to hear what you have to say about both of them Kush when you get time to play both.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
J-Mart wrote:
Keep the reviews coming. Last year I had Live and I liked it a lot. I can't decide which one to get this year, so keep the reviews coming. I'd really like to hear what you have to say about both of them Kush when you get time to play both.

I might pick up NBA Live on the next paycheck.

2k10 isn't worth it. The framerate issue ruins the game.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
is the ps2 version of the game hooked up to the same playstation network as the ps3 version?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
is the ps2 version of the game hooked up to the same playstation network as the ps3 version?

No but you can still play online with other ps2 people.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
J-Mart wrote:

When you liked Live 09 you should like Live 10, too. There are lots of new cool things in 10. For example hustle plays, pregame rituals, tv introductions and your teammates really move a lot without the ball.

Watch the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJm-lauNQUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E6-G3AgE_A&feature=channel

Yeah I found the jersey thing. COOL B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkrtjmA0dFM&feature=channel

I´m playing the demo since its release and this game feels so realistic. The atmosphere is simply amazing.

engies

Liked Posts:
I got 2k10 today and while at first i thought its a great game, the problem with players being able to get to the paint to easy is the huge problem i have with it

I got some great sliders that made the scores more realisic for 12 min quarters however finishing with 92 pts and seeing 40+ points came from in the paint is disheartening. It is even more disheartening when you put in the effort to rotate or double or clog the lanes in the post yet they dont get physical with the player and he gets an easy shot in the lane.

Other than that great game i just hope our work on the sliders and/or possibly a patch release fix up this problem that has been a let down in the last 3 or so 2k games

Other than this problem I don't understand how anyone can like Live over this game. I played both and while Live is improved I think it still has a ways to go to be as close of a simulation as 2K. I guess we all have different tastes though

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I had trouble playing my roomate who was the Cavs. Shaq/Z/Varejao would just get easy shots in the paint. What you have to do to fix the problem is go to the defensive adjustments and put play tight for the bigs.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
why dont i have the picture for any of the new additions to the bulls?

Kush77

Liked Posts:
The framerate issue with 2K10 is getting a lot of play.

Is it that bad? They said 2K is working on a patch though. That the great thing about playing games today, things can be fixed through patches. Back when I was a youngster (in old man voice) there were no patches. If you paid 49.99 for Bulls vs. Blazers for SEGA Genesis and the game sucked, you were screwed!

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the demo of Live 10 I missed the mascots. Are they gone?

Anyway couple of our left and the game will be mine. :)

JakeN7

Liked Posts:
I was extremely disappointed when I played the game today. Everything felt very sluggish and unrealistic. I'm using a PS3, and have only tried two player mode. I need to look into this frame-rate issue because as of now this game is absolutely terrible, and this coming from a big 2k fan. Those NBA live videos looked pretty good i have to admit. What I like most about NHL 10 is how much control you have over every play, something it looks like Live is trying to accomplish.

engies

Liked Posts:
I patch is being developed already. The frame rate issues are the main concern, however, these are a list of things they are going to review and look at fixing:

Community Suggested Tweaks
Defensive Assist needs toning down
Autosave Settings and Association- Coach, Camera, Online, etc.
My Player Duplication
Team-Up 5 player slot bug
My Player/Association Developmental Drills Glitch
My Player Minutes
My Player Pick-UP Games Drop Connection
AI Jump Passes
Players Stopping on Fast Break Passes
Tone down lead pass in lane / Defensive Awareness in Lane needs increase
PS3 Freeze in T-Mobile and Keys of Game Loading Screens
Too many Alley-oops
Referee inbound issues
Stepping backwards from three point line when setting up on a pass
Broadcast Camera in My Player
Fix charges - backwards and spin move charges
Increase Online Difficulty Level or Create Ranked Lobby Tiers
Fix Shot Stick - Shot Releases
Show Opponents Stats in Ranked Games
Shooting percentages too high (?)
Defensive Openings with ball movement
Stuck animations on play calls
FRAMERATE - End of Quater/Timeouts, Certain Stadiums
Association online freezing
Difficult to sub people in online
Too much cherry picking
Timeouts subtract weirdly...
Headbands going with home/team colors instead of custom
Sometimes a made dunk will seem like it never happened
Option to turn off fatigue online
Freezing with 2K Share, Who's Online, Team Up
Zone Defense Spacing
DPad with On the Fly Coaching is too quick
Tone down offensive rebounding on free throws
5th game freeze during summer circuit in My Player
Camera on first free throw shot is often weird
Walk The Dog
Morale Attribute in Association is too strong
Clipping on the Dunk Contest
Lack of force field on out of bounds (?)
Contracts in Association to Large - Sit in Free Agency
Back Court is too easy to have happen
More contact in paint
NBA Today Overlays stick on screen too long sometimes
Assist window lasts too long
Color red is off in game
Increase Playoff Atmosphere
Retired Player Jerseys in My Player
Cut down on Auto-post up
More players need to drive lane
Gold Leaderboad (?)
Ease of PF and C Dribbling
Intentional Fouls not registering / passing through them
10 Day Contracts not registering
Custom Soundtracks PS3

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236237

engies

Liked Posts:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong this year I guess in part its because Ben Gordon isn't there, but even last year despite much practice i'm still having trouble nailing shots with Salmons, who shot well from 3pt last year

But its even worse, even Kirk, Brad Miller & Luol are missing shots i would make with them last year. Also noticed that there team rating is really low while the Knicks and other teams who didnt make the playoffs have high rankings. While i know Ben Gordon is a huge loss, our team didnt have Kirk Hinrich and Luol for a huge chunk of the year (Luol was out from January) along with the addition of Salmons so I cant understand why the Bulls are rated lower than the Knicks

Am I the only one having the same problems when using the Bulls? Am I a complete n00b at 2k10? Any suggestion on how to use them and how to improve?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Kirk Hinrich is pretty money for me. Luol Deng is about what Deng is in real life for me, and I think Brad Miller is an accurate reflection too.

John Salmons isn't that good in this year's game for some reason.

And Derrick Rose is pretty useless for me.