Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Lauri/Jabari/Bobby P/Carter Jr/Lopez/Felicio

Lopez for sure is getting shipped out with his expiring contract. Portis too? He's embraced his role as 6th man. Wonder how the front office envisions our front court shaking out.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I have mixed feelings on jabari. I like to save the space for a big fish but also realize that he is the biggest fish they can get. I think he was destined to come to chicago after he intentionally bombed a workout for the cavs to be drafted by the bucks so he can be closer to home.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Should be official soon, sounds like. The Bucks just rescinded the qualifying offer so he’s unrestricted. He’s expected to sign a 2 year deal worth 40+ million

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I wont mind cleaning house in the front court. Lopez is still a positive guy, he knows he is expiring and the bulls might let him get to a contender. I am not really sure where Jabari fits. He really got big, but if we are going 20 million for Parker and it saves us from paying crazy eyes Portis to a 50 million dollar deal and we bail on Felicio, they might be on the right path.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
2 year 40 million. It’s official now

2nd year is a team option

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The advanced stats on Jabari are awful.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
2 year 40 million. It’s official now

2nd year is a team option

This makes the deal even sweeter. If he performs they can opt in a renegotiate a longer deal. otherwise they cut him lose and still have cap space to get a big time FA.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;h-l1eM7vnQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-l1eM7vnQA&t=112s[/video]

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Jabari has always played well against the bulls, well, when he was able to play. I think playing in front of the fans of Chicago will be really good for him.

I just don't know what position he plays. I thought he started as a 3 but out grew that spot.

We will see what the team option ends up being, sometimes its a 5 million buyout in there. It has to be something for Milwaukee to have passed on him. I don't think they would have for a one year 20 million dollar deal

Julyan Stone and Paul Zipster were officially released as well.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Jabari has always played well against the bulls, well, when he was able to play. I think playing in front of the fans of Chicago will be really good for him.

I just don't know what position he plays. I thought he started as a 3 but out grew that spot.

We will see what the team option ends up being, sometimes its a 5 million buyout in there. It has to be something for Milwaukee to have passed on him. I don't think they would have for a one year 20 million dollar deal

He wouldnt have accepted the same deal with milwaukee. My guess was they would need to pay more than what chicago would have needed to since it was jabari that wanted to play in chicago. I think this is literally a one year prove it deal. My guess is he thinks he can prove it otherwise he wouldnt risk it.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

According to everything I’ve seen he’ll play the 3 and spend most of his time at that spot.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Between him and LaVine that’s awful wing defense.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Truly awful wing defense. Not sure what the Bulls are thinking long term. Offensively, it can work well with Portis and Markkanen spreading the floor. But the Bulls can't expect to play defense with LaVine and Jabari Parker manning the 2-3.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
It is a low risk high reward type deal.

If you look at the rest of the NBA, the Championship is not within reach for the next 2 years. The East, however, is wide open, and this adds more depth to a team where you want to see what the roster has and who develops. At worst it gives us more trade pieces if needed, at best it could make us a top 3-4 team in the East.

And when it comes time to hit it ig in 2019 or 2020 FA, we still have flexibility to do so.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I was lukewarm on signing Jabari but wow thats a great contract.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Starting 4 forwards and Levine? Okkkkk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Defensively we lack but we SHOULD be fun to watch on offense.

At the very least we'll have a killer team in 2k

:derbulls:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Googling Bulls RFAs to to see which options on the roster are left on the table and conditions, etc since some of this stuff is going under-reported.

Notice where it says 15 hours ago
wSG2xB8.png

Don't you hate when that happens?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Googling Bulls RFAs to to see which options on the roster are left on the table and conditions, etc since some of this stuff is going under-reported.

Notice where it says 15 hours ago
wSG2xB8.png

Don't you hate when that happens?

It says 15 hours ago, but the first story is dated october of 2017 and we know Wade did that last year to eventually get paid 15 million to leave.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It says 15 hours ago, but the first story is dated october of 2017 and we know Wade did that last year to eventually get paid 15 million to leave.

ya, I know. :whoosh:

When I first glanced at it, and knowing Wade is a FA, I had to do a double-take.