NBA's most overpayed players courtesy of Forbes

RPK

Liked Posts:
It's probably too early to tell, but if LaMarcus Aldridge continues his non-All star level play I would add his contract in there.

Fred

Liked Posts:
How can Kirk Hinrich not be on that list? He's now a bench-player on a 5-year, $47.5 million contract. Since he signed that deal, he's made 1 Second Team All Defense. Never come close to leading the league in anything but Fouls (07-08). He's easily one of the most overpaid and overrated Bulls in history.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
How can Kirk Hinrich not be on that list? He's now a bench-player on a 5-year, $47.5 million contract. Since he signed that deal, he's made 1 Second Team All Defense. Never come close to leading the league in anything but Fouls (07-08). He's easily one of the most overpaid and overrated Bulls in history.

He's not on the list because he only has three years left and all the other guys with three years left have much more money owed. I don't get why JJ is on there? He is an expiring this year and should be covered by insurance. If anything his deal is an asset. Bynum's deal isn't that bad either, its a short term deal. If he got a full max, it should be up there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fred wrote:
Because your view on Hinrich is horribly biased based on your humongous love for Ben Gordon. It's true that Hinrich is being paid starter's money for being a bench player, but at the time he WAS the starter, and could still be a starter on any team in this league that needs a better one. Is he a little overrated? Depends on your opinion. My opinion is that he's overrated in the media and underrated in the league as a player.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Fred wrote:
Because your view on Hinrich is horribly biased based on your humongous love for Ben Gordon. It's true that Hinrich is being paid starter's money for being a bench player, but at the time he WAS the starter, and could still be a starter on any team in this league that needs a better one. Is he a little overrated? Depends on your opinion. My opinion is that he's overrated in the media and underrated in the league as a player.

I agree w/ Fred, Hinrich is the most overrated Bull in history, and the Bulls treat him as Mr. Untouchable when it comes to trades, you can find a Hinrich in just about any draft.

Fred

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Fred wrote:

My opinion on BG has nothing to do with my feelings about Hinrich. In his rookie year, I ws shocked at how many people were showering love on a guy who shot 38%, and it continues to this day. Devin Harris and T.J. Ford absolutely embarrassed Kirk last year. You can't describe someone as a "Great defensive player", and see that happen. He's good defensively, average offensively. He's way overpaid and way overrated.

"Could still be a starter on any team in this league that needs a better one" - CTrooper

Really? I pulled this fantasy chart from bleacherreport.com to get a comprehensive list. Kirk's paid like a top 10 point guard. What player would Kirk replace in the top 10? How about the top 15? How about the top 20?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/271455-nba-fantasy-basketball-rankings-point-guards-pg-2009-10
The Top 10

1. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets—Assists, points, steals, rebounds—Chris Paul cannot be stopped, which is why he is the top fantasy player entering the 2009-10 season.

Last year, Paul shot about 50 percent for the first time in his career and there are no signs of his production dropping off. The one knock on Paul is that he hasn't developed a strong three point shot, and because he penetrates so well he may never rely on the three.

2. Deron Williams, Utah Jazz—For the first time in his career, Williams failed to play 80 games last year when he suited up for 68 due to an ankle injury to start the season. The injury did not nag him throughout the season and you can expect Williams to play at an elite level for the entire season.

You can count on Williams to attack 20 and 10, he doesn't rebound much because the Jazz have several players who do that, but he does add acceptable defensive numbers for a point guard (1.1 SPG). Williams isn't shy about shooting threes and if he can replicate the high-30 to low-40 percentage that he has hit a few times he may surprise you from deep.

3. Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns—The MVP days are long behind Nash, but he is still good for elite fantasy production. The Suns want to pick the tempo back up, which means more possession for Nash to get back above 10 assists per game after failing to do so for the first time in four years.

Nash does not steal many balls and he is somewhat turnover-prone, but he is one of the most accurate shooters in the NBA and he should make over two threes per game this year.

4. Devin Harris, New Jersey Nets—After a questionable transition to New Jersey two years ago, Harris exploded on the scene in his first full season with the Nets. Along with a career best 6.9 assists and 21.3 points per game, Harris was fourth in the NBA with 7.2 free throws made per game—something that may be instrumental if your league settings call for it.

The biggest problem with Harris was that he only played 69 games last year and 64 the year before, but that is not enough to keep him off your roster, especially with him primed to make more threes than ever in his career.

5. Chauncey Billups, Denver Nuggets—The move home to Denver was an easy one for Billups and now that he is comfortable in George Karl's up-tempo offense—I expect him to have another successful year.

Only once before has Billups attempted more threes than he did in 77 games with the Nuggets last year and he has been stealing more balls as he gets older. Due to great conditioning fantasy owners have been able to count on Billups all year long, but if the Nuggets have their playoff spot locked up his numbers may dwindle in April.

6. Gilbert Arenas, Washington Wizards—*Buyer Beware*—Even if Arenas minutes per game floats around 30, it should be enough time for him to score 20 points per game with an assist average between five and seven per game.

Flip Saunders wants Gilbert to be Gilbert this year, but Agent Zero may be done shooting 30-foot threes now that he has a new outlook on the game. Ultimately, his knees and finger will scare me too much unless I can get him at a discount.

7. Baron Davis, Los Angles Clippers—*Buyer Beware*—Fantasy owners living in the 20 points per game days need to realize that's not the plan in LA, but Davis can still be a fantasy stud this year.

I am expecting a scoring average closer to 20 than 15 and his assists will challenge eight per game. Davis is very good at generating steals; he hits threes and he should be playing better basketball overall for a more competitive Clippers team in 2009-10.

8. Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks—In 110 games with the Mavs, Kidd has failed to average double digits in scoring, but that is the only knock on his production. The most impressive part of Kidd’s game is that he has taken advantage of open looks from behind the arc, converting on 131 of his 323 attempts last year.

Kidd can still bring home the triple-double, he is aggressive in stealing the basketball, and he converts from the stripe, all while maintaining low turnover numbers.

9. Jose Calderon, Toronto Raptors—Nothing will wow you about Calderon's game, but he is the most efficient player in the NBA. If you are building a team that wins with low turnovers and great percentages, he is the point guard for you.

Calderon did have to fight through injuries last season, but he still posted career best averages in almost every category, including 98.1 percent shooting from the stripe.

10. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls—With Ben Gordon gone, Rose will have the ball in his hands even more which will give him a chance to improve on his 16.8 points and 6.3 assists per game as a rookie.

A very good athlete, Rose can rebound, but his 0.8 steals per game were a disappointment, and he has a long way to go on his deep ball. Ultimately, the bulk load of points and assists give Rose the edge in rounding out the top-10.

Next Best

Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics—Rondo does everything Kidd does except threes and free throw percentage, he is poised for a great year.

Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder—He may not add too much to his 16.1 points per game as a starter, but Westbrook has unlimited potential in assists and steals, and he rebounds well too.

Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs—No complaints with his production (aside from no three ball) but Parker's ankle has me worried, either his minutes or games will take the hit.
onta

Ellis, Golden State Warriors—*Buyer Beware*—May have an elite fantasy season, but his career has been in a downward spiral ever since the crash. Buy at a discount.

Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic—Doesn't have a serious risk of re-injury, Nelson is great from three but only solid to good everywhere else.

Mo Williams, Cleveland Cavaliers—The Cavs added depth this summer which means less pressure on Williams and more open looks from three.

Mike Bibby, Atlanta Hawks—The Hawks added two players to their backcourt, but Bibby is still the best point guard of the bunch.

T.J. Ford, Indiana Pacers—Always an injury risk, but Ford is a good pick in the Pacers offense.

Raymond Felton, Charlotte Bobcats—Consistent career line means what you see is what you get, he might get traded mid-season too—for better or worse.

Andre Miller, Portland Trailblazers—Unhappy in Portland already, if he's not a starter his production won't match his fantasy price tag.

Don't Sleep On

Tyreke Evans, Sacramento Kings—Will make strong push for ROY from day one.

Chris Duhon - New York Knicks—If you lack threes and/or assists this is your man late in the draft.

Allen Iverson, Memphis Grizzlies—His role hasn't been defined yet, but AI wants to be on the court and the Grizz want people in the seats—potential is worth the pick.

Aaron Brooks, Houston Rockets—Won't post traditional PG numbers, but has an explosive scoring ability from inside and out.

Rodney Stuckey, Detroit Pistons—Still developing, the addition of Gordon means less ball handling for the big combo-guard.

Louis Williams, Philadelphia 76ers—Will start at the point for Philly, willingness to shoot on any possession is better for fantasy owners than his teammates.

DJ Augustine, Charlotte Bobcats—If Felton hits the road, D.J. will hover right below the fantasy elite.

Mario Chalmers, Miami Heat—Low assists alongside Wade, but he hits threes (1.4) and gets steals (2.0).

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Hinrich is a good player. He just had a very good postseason. As far as getting him in any draft. Can't you say that about every player on the team? They haven't had any players that were unique in the last 6 or 7 years......

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
You better be happy to have Kirk on the team. It´s not about leading the league in one category. Kirk is a solid allround player and definetly the best on the ball defender on the team.

Imagine Rose has problems with his ankle for a couple of weeks. You would have Hunter and Pargo as your backup guards.

I think Hinrich has good chances to win the best 6th man trophy this year!

Fred

Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
You better be happy to have Kirk on the team. It´s not about leading the league in one category. Kirk is a solid allround player and definetly the best on the ball defender on the team.

Imagine Rose has problems with his ankle for a couple of weeks. You would have Hunter and Pargo as your backup guards.

I think Hinrich has good chances to win the best 6th man trophy this year!

I am happy he's on the team. I think he's a solid backup. The argument was about whether or not he's overpaid and/or overrated. He's been either the first, 2nd, or 3rd highest paid Bull since he signed his deal, and I don't think he's been worth it. The Celtics just offered Rondo 5 years at 45 million, or 9 million per year. If the Celtics view Rondo worth that much, how much do you think they would offer a player like Kirk? I'd love to have Kirk on the team after his contract is up for half the money.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Players are always overpaid, the guy that left town got overpaid, which is why he should leave. Hinrich can start with any sg in the league, he has the ability to play off the ball and handle the ball while bringing it defensively. I still say that he had the best postseason last year of any wing player on our team. His contract depreciates over the next three years, and he is a very valuable commodity on this team. Like all the other players on the Bulls over the last few years, Paxson figured them all to reach their ceilings in the future, in all actuality, all of those Skiles Bulls players have reached the prime of their careers...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Fred, he's not overrated, he just doesn't have an appropriate role on this team. If we didn't have rose and had him as a starter he wouldn't be overpaid. He is just overpaid as a reserve. In his current role he is probably worth the mle or a little more. As a starter he is probably an average starting pg that should play next to a wade, bron, roy that controls the ball.

Deng is the major liability. If we can dump him for an expiring and Salmon's opts out, we will have room for two max fa's with Rose, JJ, Noah, Kirk and Taj. If Rose has a big year a Rose, Kirk, Salmons, TT, Noah, Miller, JJ, Taj group should be able to sneak into the playoffs as long as we acquire some sort of expiring wing player for Deng. Something like Blake and Outlaw.

newbalancerun07

Liked Posts:
Brian Kush picked Hinrich to be the sixth man of the year!!! Wow!! Would you change your mind about him if he won this award this year??

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fred wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Fred wrote:

My opinion on BG has nothing to do with my feelings about Hinrich. In his rookie year, I ws shocked at how many people were showering love on a guy who shot 38%, and it continues to this day. Devin Harris and T.J. Ford absolutely embarrassed Kirk last year. You can't describe someone as a "Great defensive player", and see that happen. He's good defensively, average offensively. He's way overpaid and way overrated.

"Could still be a starter on any team in this league that needs a better one" - CTrooper

Really? I pulled this fantasy chart from bleacherreport.com to get a comprehensive list. Kirk's paid like a top 10 point guard. What player would Kirk replace in the top 10? How about the top 15? How about the top 20?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/271455-nba-fantasy-basketball-rankings-point-guards-pg-2009-10
The Top 10

1. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets—Assists, points, steals, rebounds—Chris Paul cannot be stopped, which is why he is the top fantasy player entering the 2009-10 season.

Last year, Paul shot about 50 percent for the first time in his career and there are no signs of his production dropping off. The one knock on Paul is that he hasn't developed a strong three point shot, and because he penetrates so well he may never rely on the three.

2. Deron Williams, Utah Jazz—For the first time in his career, Williams failed to play 80 games last year when he suited up for 68 due to an ankle injury to start the season. The injury did not nag him throughout the season and you can expect Williams to play at an elite level for the entire season.

You can count on Williams to attack 20 and 10, he doesn't rebound much because the Jazz have several players who do that, but he does add acceptable defensive numbers for a point guard (1.1 SPG). Williams isn't shy about shooting threes and if he can replicate the high-30 to low-40 percentage that he has hit a few times he may surprise you from deep.

3. Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns—The MVP days are long behind Nash, but he is still good for elite fantasy production. The Suns want to pick the tempo back up, which means more possession for Nash to get back above 10 assists per game after failing to do so for the first time in four years.

Nash does not steal many balls and he is somewhat turnover-prone, but he is one of the most accurate shooters in the NBA and he should make over two threes per game this year.

4. Devin Harris, New Jersey Nets—After a questionable transition to New Jersey two years ago, Harris exploded on the scene in his first full season with the Nets. Along with a career best 6.9 assists and 21.3 points per game, Harris was fourth in the NBA with 7.2 free throws made per game—something that may be instrumental if your league settings call for it.

The biggest problem with Harris was that he only played 69 games last year and 64 the year before, but that is not enough to keep him off your roster, especially with him primed to make more threes than ever in his career.

5. Chauncey Billups, Denver Nuggets—The move home to Denver was an easy one for Billups and now that he is comfortable in George Karl's up-tempo offense—I expect him to have another successful year.

Only once before has Billups attempted more threes than he did in 77 games with the Nuggets last year and he has been stealing more balls as he gets older. Due to great conditioning fantasy owners have been able to count on Billups all year long, but if the Nuggets have their playoff spot locked up his numbers may dwindle in April.

6. Gilbert Arenas, Washington Wizards—*Buyer Beware*—Even if Arenas minutes per game floats around 30, it should be enough time for him to score 20 points per game with an assist average between five and seven per game.

Flip Saunders wants Gilbert to be Gilbert this year, but Agent Zero may be done shooting 30-foot threes now that he has a new outlook on the game. Ultimately, his knees and finger will scare me too much unless I can get him at a discount.

7. Baron Davis, Los Angles Clippers—*Buyer Beware*—Fantasy owners living in the 20 points per game days need to realize that's not the plan in LA, but Davis can still be a fantasy stud this year.

I am expecting a scoring average closer to 20 than 15 and his assists will challenge eight per game. Davis is very good at generating steals; he hits threes and he should be playing better basketball overall for a more competitive Clippers team in 2009-10.

8. Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks—In 110 games with the Mavs, Kidd has failed to average double digits in scoring, but that is the only knock on his production. The most impressive part of Kidd’s game is that he has taken advantage of open looks from behind the arc, converting on 131 of his 323 attempts last year.

Kidd can still bring home the triple-double, he is aggressive in stealing the basketball, and he converts from the stripe, all while maintaining low turnover numbers.

9. Jose Calderon, Toronto Raptors—Nothing will wow you about Calderon's game, but he is the most efficient player in the NBA. If you are building a team that wins with low turnovers and great percentages, he is the point guard for you.

Calderon did have to fight through injuries last season, but he still posted career best averages in almost every category, including 98.1 percent shooting from the stripe.

10. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls—With Ben Gordon gone, Rose will have the ball in his hands even more which will give him a chance to improve on his 16.8 points and 6.3 assists per game as a rookie.

A very good athlete, Rose can rebound, but his 0.8 steals per game were a disappointment, and he has a long way to go on his deep ball. Ultimately, the bulk load of points and assists give Rose the edge in rounding out the top-10.

Next Best

Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics—Rondo does everything Kidd does except threes and free throw percentage, he is poised for a great year.

Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder—He may not add too much to his 16.1 points per game as a starter, but Westbrook has unlimited potential in assists and steals, and he rebounds well too.

Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs—No complaints with his production (aside from no three ball) but Parker's ankle has me worried, either his minutes or games will take the hit.
onta

Ellis, Golden State Warriors—*Buyer Beware*—May have an elite fantasy season, but his career has been in a downward spiral ever since the crash. Buy at a discount.

Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic—Doesn't have a serious risk of re-injury, Nelson is great from three but only solid to good everywhere else.

Mo Williams, Cleveland Cavaliers—The Cavs added depth this summer which means less pressure on Williams and more open looks from three.

Mike Bibby, Atlanta Hawks—The Hawks added two players to their backcourt, but Bibby is still the best point guard of the bunch.

T.J. Ford, Indiana Pacers—Always an injury risk, but Ford is a good pick in the Pacers offense.

Raymond Felton, Charlotte Bobcats—Consistent career line means what you see is what you get, he might get traded mid-season too—for better or worse.

Andre Miller, Portland Trailblazers—Unhappy in Portland already, if he's not a starter his production won't match his fantasy price tag.

Don't Sleep On

Chris Duhon - New York Knicks—If you lack threes and/or assists this is your man late in the draft.

Allen Iverson, Memphis Grizzlies—His role hasn't been defined yet, but AI wants to be on the court and the Grizz want people in the seats—potential is worth the pick.

Aaron Brooks, Houston Rockets—Won't post traditional PG numbers, but has an explosive scoring ability from inside and out.

Rodney Stuckey, Detroit Pistons—Still developing, the addition of Gordon means less ball handling for the big combo-guard.

Louis Williams, Philadelphia 76ers—Will start at the point for Philly, willingness to shoot on any possession is better for fantasy owners than his teammates.

DJ Augustine, Charlotte Bobcats—If Felton hits the road, D.J. will hover right below the fantasy elite.

Mario Chalmers, Miami Heat—Low assists alongside Wade, but he hits threes (1.4) and gets steals (2.0).
So you mean to tell me that Chris Duhon is better than Kirk Hinrich? Are you kidding me? If you think Hinrich is a bad shooter, Duhon is even worse. Kirk shot 38% his rookie year, Duhon shot 35% in his. The reason Kirk isn't in this fantasy list is because his numbers won't be sky high like some of these other guys. Duhon plays in D'Antoni's run and gun system so his numbers are inflated by that high tempo of play. Louis Williams? Really? He's in no way better than Hinrich as a PG. As an SG, maybe, but as a PG, no chance. Playing behind Derrick Rose will clearly hinder Hinrich's fantasy value. If you went back to 06-07 where Hinrich had his best year, he would have been on this "top PG list" for that year. As for the top 10 PG's on that list, Hinrich is clearly not as good as any of them. I never said he was top 10 material. He might be getting paid enough to put him on par contract wise with those players, but he is not top 10. I do, however, firmly believe he is top 20. At the very LEAST, he is the best backup PG in the league. If you say otherwise, I might start thinking you're just hating on Hinrich because he happens to have gotten more love than you think he deserves.

Surely you at least admit that if Rose were not on this team, Hinrich would be starting, and if so, would be paid a justifiable amount for a STARTER. Clearly, because he has been moved to the bench because Rose is now the PG of the future, his contract is now in the "overpaid" category, but he's still worth that contract as a player. And besides, if Hinrich is overrated, what in the world is Deng? Deng has put up even worse numbers than Hinrich in almost every category. I don't hear you harping on about how overpaid he is.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
In his rookie year, I ws shocked at how many people were showering love on a guy who shot 38%, and it continues to this day.

I think we talked about this on a past Bullseye, Fred, you have to look at that 03-04 team. We were atrocious. We only had 23 victories. Crawford was still wildly inconsistent, Chandler barely played because of back & esophagus problems, & Curry was still a tub of goo. Not to mention we traded away our leading scorer, Jalen Rose, & got an old AD & a couple scrubs in his place. Kirk was really the ONLY bright spot of that season & his style of play echoed the humble, hardworking traits of the majority of Chicagoans. The media immediately picked up on this & he instantly became a face of the franchise & a fan favorite.

I like Hinrich. I think he's a good player who can start on any number of teams. He's overrated by the media, that's a given, but the most overrated within the Bulls organization, not so much. That honor is bestowed upon Mr. Glass, who will never be an All-Star despite being paid as one. But like Hou said, most NBA players are overpaid, you only need to look at guys like Dalembert, Dunleavey, Pryzbilla, etc. to know that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Diddy1122 wrote:
Fred wrote:
In his rookie year, I ws shocked at how many people were showering love on a guy who shot 38%, and it continues to this day.

I think we talked about this on a past Bullseye, Fred, you have to look at that 03-04 team. We were atrocious. We only had 23 victories. Crawford was still wildly inconsistent, Chandler barely played because of back & esophagus problems, & Curry was still a tub of goo. Not to mention we traded away our leading scorer, Jalen Rose, & got an old AD & a couple scrubs in his place. Kirk was really the ONLY bright spot of that season & his style of play echoed the humble, hardworking traits of the majority of Chicagoans. The media immediately picked up on this & he instantly became a face of the franchise & a fan favorite.

I like Hinrich. I think he's a good player who can start on any number of teams. He's overrated by the media, that's a given, but the most overrated within the Bulls organization, not so much. That honor is bestowed upon Mr. Glass, who will never be an All-Star despite being paid as one. But like Hou said, most NBA players are overpaid, you only need to look at guys like Dalembert, Dunleavey, Pryzbilla, etc. to know that.
I thought I'd add that Hinrich recorded a triple double his rookie year. The only rookie that year to do so. Wait, that means that not even the great LBJ or Carmelo could get a triple double that year despite being far superior players? Man, I wonder why Kirk got so much publicity then. I believe he also dunked on the Cavs that year, but I may be mistaken. Kirk has done some things to warrant the media coverage he got. Does he deserve as much now? No, but clearly the reputation he has made for himself has stuck. And no, that reputation is not as the greatest defender ever or an absolute scrub on offense.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Fred wrote:

I thought I'd add that Hinrich recorded a triple double his rookie year. The only rookie that year to do so. Wait, that means that not even the great LBJ or Carmelo could get a triple double that year despite being far superior players? Man, I wonder why Kirk got so much publicity then. I believe he also dunked on the Cavs that year, but I may be mistaken. Kirk has done some things to warrant the media coverage he got. Does he deserve as much now? No, but clearly the reputation he has made for himself has stuck. And no, that reputation is not as the greatest defender ever or an absolute scrub on offense.

I also forgot to mention how he played with an acute viral infection for the 1st 2 months of the season that caused him to drop about 10 lbs in weight & severly affected his stamina. But despite that, he gritted his teeth, played his ass off every night on his way to being named to the All-Rookie 1st team.

Fred

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Fred wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Fred wrote:

The Top 10

Next Best

onta

Don't Sleep On

So you mean to tell me that Chris Duhon is better than Kirk Hinrich? Are you kidding me? If you think Hinrich is a bad shooter, Duhon is even worse. Kirk shot 38% his rookie year, Duhon shot 35% in his. The reason Kirk isn't in this fantasy list is because his numbers won't be sky high like some of these other guys. Duhon plays in D'Antoni's run and gun system so his numbers are inflated by that high tempo of play. Louis Williams? Really? He's in no way better than Hinrich as a PG. As an SG, maybe, but as a PG, no chance. Playing behind Derrick Rose will clearly hinder Hinrich's fantasy value. If you went back to 06-07 where Hinrich had his best year, he would have been on this "top PG list" for that year. As for the top 10 PG's on that list, Hinrich is clearly not as good as any of them. I never said he was top 10 material. He might be getting paid enough to put him on par contract wise with those players, but he is not top 10. I do, however, firmly believe he is top 20. At the very LEAST, he is the best backup PG in the league. If you say otherwise, I might start thinking you're just hating on Hinrich because he happens to have gotten more love than you think he deserves.

Surely you at least admit that if Rose were not on this team, Hinrich would be starting, and if so, would be paid a justifiable amount for a STARTER. Clearly, because he has been moved to the bench because Rose is now the PG of the future, his contract is now in the "overpaid" category, but he's still worth that contract as a player. And besides, if Hinrich is overrated, what in the world is Deng? Deng has put up even worse numbers than Hinrich in almost every category. I don't hear you harping on about how overpaid he is.

I completely agree that Deng is overrated. That is a given. Unfortunately, the Chairman and Forman disagree.

There are 20 guys on that list better than Hinrich. Is Kirk better than Duhon? Of course. But the primary reason we drafted Rose was Kirk's complete failure as a basketball player during the 07-08 season. In that year, he was counted on to be 1 of our 3 primary scorers. He led the team in minutes, and shot 41% and 35% from the 3-point line. He was a complete and utter disaster on BOTH ends of the court. (i.e. Travis Diener's career high). He made 11 million that year, and he received little of the blame, when he deserved most of it. I have no idea why this is...I can't figure it out...but he isn't worth his massive contract, and it will be proven out when he never makes more than 5 million a year for the rest of his career after this current contract is completed.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
20 players on that list? I see maybe 15. Is Stuckey really a better PG than Hinrich? Really? Chalmers? Brooks? I know TJ Ford is lightyears quicker than Hinrich, but is he really a better PG overall? Is DJ Augustine truly better? I haven't seen anything of Tyreke Evans yet so I won't judge him as better or worse yet. I still think Lou Williams is by no means a better PG. And we've already agreed on Duhon being worse. Now my math may be off by a player or two, but I do believe that leaves me with about 15 people ahead of Hinrich, which makes Hinrich a top 20 PG.

And the reason we got Derrick Rose was because he was clearly the best player in that draft and he has the potential to be a superstar in the future. He is clearly better than Hinrich at PG. This is undisputable. However we did not draft him because Hinrich absolutely sucked.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
I completely agree that Deng is overrated. That is a given. Unfortunately, the Chairman and Forman disagree.

There are 20 guys on that list better than Hinrich. Is Kirk better than Duhon? Of course. But the primary reason we drafted Rose was Kirk's complete failure as a basketball player during the 07-08 season. In that year, he was counted on to be 1 of our 3 primary scorers. He led the team in minutes, and shot 41% and 35% from the 3-point line. He was a complete and utter disaster on BOTH ends of the court. (i.e. Travis Diener's career high). He made 11 million that year, and he received little of the blame, when he deserved most of it. I have no idea why this is...I can't figure it out...but he isn't worth his massive contract, and it will be proven out when he never makes more than 5 million a year for the rest of his career after this current contract is completed.

Wow, WOW Fred, are you sure you aren't coming down with something cuz you're speaking nonsense right now.

"The primary reason we drafted Rose was Kirk's complete failure as a basketball player.." God you are flat out WRONG here. We drafted Rose because he was THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT. PERIOD. Kirk had nothing to do with it, other than would we trade him or wouldn't we. Beasley was NEVER going to be drafted by us. Sure we took a look at him but it was obvious from day 1 that Rose was the man. It was a no brainer. There are other Michael Beasley's out there. PG's of Rose's caliber do not come around that often.

Sometimes your overwhelming hatred for all things Hinrich tends to blind you to logic & reason. And I'm willing to bet that Hinrich gets paid more than $5mill/yr on his next contract, which will be with the Bulls btw. Much to your dismay, I'm 99% certain Kirk will play his entire career in a Bulls uni.