NBR: Jordan Love- Highest Paid QB Ever (For now)

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
They are going off part of a seasons performance. He did look impressive, hopefully he overachieved and falls back to earth and they end up screwed. That is the one negative about sitting a QB for the first few years, you end up having to base a big money extension off of a much smaller sample size. .

IHATETHEBEARS(IHTB)

Liked Posts:
It’s the going rate. What could the Packers do? If he’s as good as he was last season, then he’s worth every penny. (In the overpaid quarterback world) If he turns out to be a one year wonder, then the Packers made out as well as could be expected (again, in the crazy world of quarterbacks) as “only” 70% of it is guaranteed. Dak will sign a larger contract soon, setting the bar even higher. And within a year, three or four more will surpass Love’s contract. If the Bears’ quarterback performs like Love did last season, he’ll demand an even bigger contract after the 2025 season. And the Bears will pay him. And Bears fans will be ecstatic to be in the same position the Packers are in now.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’ll still look decent in the division because nobody has a strong enough Dline to consistently get to him.

Thankfully he still sucks under pressure and still has accuracy problems.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It’s the going rate. What could the Packers do? If he’s as good as he was last season, then he’s worth every penny. (In the overpaid quarterback world) If he turns out to be a one year wonder, then the Packers made out as well as could be expected (again, in the crazy world of quarterbacks) as “only” 70% of it is guaranteed. Dak will sign a larger contract soon, setting the bar even higher. And within a year, three or four more will surpass Love’s contract. If the Bears’ quarterback performs like Love did last season, he’ll demand an even bigger contract after the 2025 season. And the Bears will pay him. And Bears fans will be ecstatic to be in the same position the Packers are in now.
He’s not eligible for an extension until after the 2026 season.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Great news for the Bears. GB won't win a Superbowl with Love. Sorry, not sorry, but they won't.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of how each new qb ( or any position) up for contract renewal is given the next biggest contract. That’s not how it should work and can’t be sustainable. Is he the best qb in league? No, so why the new highest contract.

Betting he regresses. Perhaps a lions player will actually bite his knee or something.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
How is it higher than Burrow's contract? 275 million and over 200 million guaranteed. Same per year average of 55 million.

msadows

Liked Posts:
How is it higher than Burrow's contract? 275 million and over 200 million guaranteed. Same per year average of 55 million.

AAV is the same, poorly phrased title but yea his yearly is tied for the most.

Awful deal for the packers, they had no reason to pay him as he was still under contract. He earned the highest AAV ever based off a good half season. Even rex grossman was amazing for a 6 week stretch.

He did surprise me, but I would have let him play out the year on his current contract. If he performs again then you still have the franchise tag, and at that point he'd deserve whatever he wanted.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the Packers fucked up holding onto Rodgers for so long. They should have let Love start for a couple of years before having to give him this kind of money(if their plan all along was to move on from Rodgers and start Love).

He was pretty bad for the first half of the season. He looked much better in the last 8 games. But you're giving him record breaking money for 8 games.

Canth

Liked Posts:
AAV is the same, poorly phrased title but yea his yearly is tied for the most.

Awful deal for the packers, they had no reason to pay him as he was still under contract. He earned the highest AAV ever based off a good half season. Even rex grossman was amazing for a 6 week stretch.

He did surprise me, but I would have let him play out the year on his current contract. If he performs again then you still have the franchise tag, and at that point he'd deserve whatever he wanted.

Eh, I get why the Packers paid him. He was holding out/in, whichever one. He was not practicing as he wanted a new contract. And, in this modern NFL, he was due for one just within the timing of his rookie contract and that weird extension they did last year in lieu of picking up his 4th year option. And, it's hard to get much value out of your practices if your starting QB is not there.

As I said in the other thread, the Packers just really messed up their transition from Rodgers to Love. They did not maximize their potential return on Rodgers, they did not even make a SB with Rodgers in the process, and then it left them with little to no time to truly evaluate Love before they had to pay him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Eh, I get why the Packers paid him. He was holding out/in, whichever one. He was not practicing as he wanted a new contract. And, in this modern NFL, he was due for one just within the timing of his rookie contract and that weird extension they did last year in lieu of picking up his 4th year option. And, it's hard to get much value out of your practices if your starting QB is not there.

As I said in the other thread, the Packers just really messed up their transition from Rodgers to Love. They did not maximize their potential return on Rodgers, they did not even make a SB with Rodgers in the process, and then it left them with little to no time to truly evaluate Love before they had to pay him.

But they didnt have to pay him, they just gave him a good/fair offer instead of a 5th year extension. It was a good deal for both parties.

They could have easily called his bluff and let him sit out a few weeks of camp. Not like its a new offense or scheme. Let him play out the year then pay him if he proves it again.

Guy basically got the highest AAV off a heater. He did not look very good in preseason + early in the year. Even my packer buddies didnt like the deal.

Either way, not our issue. If anything this is good for the bears. Even if he's good he's being paid the biggest cap hit in the NFL now, he's clearly not the best QB or top 5. If he's bad the packers are screwed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think the Packers fucked up holding onto Rodgers for so long. They should have let Love start for a couple of years before having to give him this kind of money(if their plan all along was to move on from Rodgers and start Love).

He was pretty bad for the first half of the season. He looked much better in the last 8 games. But you're giving him record breaking money for 8 games.

Maybe, but love didnt look very promising early in his career. I'm sure they had their doubts about him and Rodgers had back to back MVPs.

How do you move on from that