Needs after Day 1 and possible targets?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Biggest needs now: Edge --because Bears near the bottom in sacks and pressures. DT, since Justin Jones, their best DT gone. Og and OC to allow the QB to step up in the pocket.

So who will be available at 75 and 122?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Biggest needs now: Edge --because Bears near the bottom in sacks and pressures. DT, since Justin Jones, their best DT gone. Og and OC to allow the QB to step up in the pocket.

So who will be available at 75 and 122?

Don’t think they pick at 75 and 122. One of those needs to be a trade down. Maybe both.

See needs for 2 edge, 1 dt, IOL, swing tackle. Maybe even a safety. Really hope they can pick up 2 or 3 more picks from moving back.

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
If Chris Braswel, DE, Alabama is available around the #55 mark.. they should trade up for him giving up a 2025 draft pick..

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Luke

Liked Posts:
I like Brandon Dorlus from Oregon. He plays DT and Edge. He has position flexibility and he’s productive. He’s tough and he is another high character guy.

He’s athletic too. He made Bruce Feldman’s Freaks List at The Athletic.

He’s projected to go around 75.

You've mentioned him before and it's a good call for the reasons that you stated. It would be nice to know if Poles has a guy that he'd move up for like Rome but obviously to a lesser degree. I still cant believe we got cw/rome.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Finding a guy who can contribute on the d-line has to be the most obvious need right now. Then another guy to put in the hopper on the o-line right after that.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I’d like to see an H back/F TE like Ben Sinnot. Having a lot of low key good Offensive options is a plus.

I think Maason Smith is a target.

Getting Cooper DeJean and knowing he can have all the time he needs to cook in Flus’ D? Holy shit!

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
I’d like to see an H back/F TE like Ben Sinnot. Having a lot of low key good Offensive options is a plus.

Getting Cooper DeJean and knowing he can have all the time he needs to cook in Flus’ D? Holy shit!
Cooper DeJean will probably go before #40.. too high for the Bears to move up.. but Maason Smith is a good pick

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i think poles trades down and just gets more picks and throws shit against the wall to see what sticks...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If anything I think Poles trades up not down. The bottom of the draft is weak. This is the draft to target impact players.

If a pass rusher they love is there in around the late fifties or so then trade the 3rd and Bears next year's 2nd to get him.

Having said that my preference is to just stay pat.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Sinnott was at Halas Hall for a top 30 visit so he’s definitely on their radar.

They also brought in several corners and love to draft that position.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m just glad that everyone left their lip gloss and poppers out the night before the draft to make sure the Caleb gods were appeased

Bears should look to trade their 2 remaining draft picks to move up to take a center. Let’s stop ignoring the position and using band aids, and actually invest in the position with some draft capital

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
There will be veteran training camp cuts to sort through later. Stay pat or trade down and grab some lottery tickets.

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
Adisa Isaac or Braswell would be great at 75. Probably have to trade up to get one though.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I’m just glad that everyone left their lip gloss and poppers out the night before the draft to make sure the Caleb gods were appeased

Bears should look to trade their 2 remaining draft picks to move up to take a center. Let’s stop ignoring the position and using band aids, and actually invest in the position with some draft capital
Michael Hall Jr at 75 and Hunter Nourzad at 122 would be my picks

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Don’t think they need to move up. Think some interesting center options will be there in 3rd and 4th. But yes, agree on investing in center.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
We all know the need is at edge. I don't think there's anybody left that's good enough to give up significant draft capital for to move into the top 50.

There's guys like Issac and Braswell, but I don't think either is dynamic enough to warrant giving up a second next year + third this year.