Needs after Day 1 and possible targets?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Dane Brugler's 2nd and 3rd round mock just released has the Bears taking Austin Booker, Edge, Kansas at #75.

From his top 300 list elsewhere on the athletic, there was this:

1714153982914.png

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my sources say the Lions go Braswell or Bralen Trice in the 2nd, would need to trade up for Braswell, so probably Trice

Liked Posts:
Needs:

1) CENTER
2) CENTER
3) CENTER

The Bears back burner the CENTER position with second rate CENTER options every offseason and the play gets worse and worse at the position every year. Last season was a shitstorm for the Bears at CENTER.

As I mentioned in another thread, if Poles finds a way to realistically move up and snag either one of JPJ or Zack Frazier(especially JPJ) Than I'm in. I'm sold. I will be a total Poles believer

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Round 3: Brandon Dorlus
Round 4: Sedrick Van Pran - Granger

Draft would end up looking like:

1. Caleb Williams
1. Rome Odunze
2. Montez Sweat
3. Brandon Dorlus
4. Keenan Allen
4. Sedrick Van Pran Granger
5. Ryan Bates (thanks @dennehy)

Not too shabby

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Needs or the myth of BPA?

Needs obviously:

Pass rusher
Interior Oline

The myth of BPA in the 3rd and 4th round? 🤣

I'd go with the likelihood of the position of need succeeding from that round. Probably DT 3rd and OG 4th, although I'm not sure they're positions of dire needs.

DE could be a heavy need but will we get one worth it in the 2nd or wait until next year and get one in the 1st round. If one is there I could see moving up in the moment it's affordable but not a long planned move.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Needs:

1) CENTER
2) CENTER
3) CENTER

The Bears back burner the CENTER position with second rate CENTER options every offseason and play gets worse and worse at the position every year. Last season was a shitstorm for the Bears at CENTER.

As I mentioned in another thread, if Poles finds a way to realistically move up and snag either one of JPJ or Zack Frazier(especially JPJ) Than I'm in. I'm sold. I will be a total Poles believer

Actually we have 2 centers who are proven able to start on another team. Before we had 5th rate centers since Kreutz. Getting those 2 was a move to put it off but the real problem was not addressing Center in last year's draft to get more CowBell.

If a GOAT center is there I could see that but otherwise I don't think that's in the plans.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only one center off the board so far, Barton, graded 6.46.

JPJ left at 6.36
SVPG at 6.22
Nourzad at 6.19
Frazier at 6.16

I'd love to get one of those, but doubt they last until 75.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think Bears would go DL before drafting C. My guess is Michael hall Jr, Brandon Dorlus, Kneeland, or braswell will be the target

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think Bears would go DL before drafting C. My guess is Michael hall Jr, Brandon Dorlus, Kneeland, or braswell will be the target
And it’s not even close. The overrating of JPJ on this board is fucking nauseating.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
And it’s not even close. The overrating of JPJ on this board is fucking nauseating.

I actually agree with this. I didn’t think he was going to go in the 1st round and I know people who wanted to trade down to around 20 and take him lol…

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Round 3: Brandon Dorlus
Round 4: Sedrick Van Pran - Granger

Draft would end up looking like:

1. Caleb Williams
1. Rome Odunze
2. Montez Sweat
3. Brandon Dorlus
4. Keenan Allen
4. Sedrick Van Pran Granger

Not too shabby
Also Bates in the 5th.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Only one center off the board so far, Barton, graded 6.46.

JPJ left at 6.36
SVPG at 6.22
Nourzad at 6.19
Frazier at 6.16

I'd love to get one of those, but doubt they last until 75.
Who knew Barton's NFL comparison would be Whitehair? Yeah maybe his first 2-3 years.
If the top center is being compared to Whitehair, I'd be scared to pick any of them this year.