New Year’s Day bowl games

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
We are to the meat and potatoes of bowl season finally!! What games are you looking forward to?

We got LSU/Wisconsin
Tennessee/Iowa
Liberty/Oregon
Bama/Michigan
Washington/Texas

I’d love to see Michigan and Washington win, but my brane tells me Bama and Texas are winning and we get a Bama/Texas rematch

Also, looking forward to Tennessee and Iowa despite my Vols missing a ton of players due to opt outs, transfers, and injuries. It’s Nico time, baby!
Those games with a huge amount of players who opt out or went into the transfer portal are lame.

Florida State was missing most of their players and it showed when they got stampeded all game long.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It may not show branes playing in these games, but I do think it shows character. Cooper Beebe is the best guard in the draft, some say overall the best offensive lineman. He played in the friggin Pop Tarts Bowl. After the game, he said there was no way he was going to desert his teammates and had to finish what he started.

By the way, he lived through the game and if anything his stock only went up.
I believe he actually said, "No way I am going to skip dessert with my teammates". He also said that he, "had to finish what I started", referring to him and his teammates eating the giant Pop Tart that went to the winning team.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Iowa as a 10 win team is the biggest joke ever in CFB

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Full disclosure: I actually ended up taking Wisconsin +9.5.

So with Tennessee not scoring just now I am 2-1.
Lmao yeah Tennessees fault they totally didn’t hold up their end of the scoring lol just fucking with ya

msadows

Liked Posts:
Iowa as a 10 win team is the biggest joke ever in CFB

FSU is god awful too for their record. Anyone thinking they stood a chance in the CFB playoffs is crazy

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lmao yeah Tennessees fault they totally didn’t hold up their end of the scoring lol just fucking with ya

I actually was shitting my pants on that one. I expected iowa to not score, took the under but tenn almost hit the over on their own.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Those games with a huge amount of players who opt out or went into the transfer portal are lame.

Florida State was missing most of their players and it showed when they got stampeded all game long.
Tennessee was the team with a ton of opt outs and transfers. They were down their starting QB, top 2 RB’s, 2 OLinemen, 3 of their starting secondary players, and a dominant DLineman

Yet, they came out and absolutely wrecked Iowa

Good teams have depth and actual good coaching on how to adjust with a month to prepare

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
lol nabers aint tall.

MHJ or no one if you are keeping fields.
LOL, I never meant to say that he was. I meant to say that the Bears draft both Nabers and Coleman (tall) to fill out the offense's WR room.

Sorry, for the misleading post.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Tennessee was the team with a ton of opt outs and transfers. They were down their starting QB, top 2 RB’s, 2 OLinemen, 3 of their starting secondary players, and a dominant DLineman

Yet, they came out and absolutely wrecked Iowa

Good teams have depth and actual good coaching on how to adjust with a month to prepare
But FSU had double what you had. They had one starting defensive lineman remaining, both top RBs gone, starting QB injured, backup QB in transfer portal and a host of other players missing too.

Congrats to Tennessee though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
But FSU had double what you had. They had one starting defensive lineman remaining, both top RBs gone, starting QB injured, backup QB in transfer portal and a host of other players missing too.

Congrats to Tennessee though.
Sure, and I’m not suggesting FSU should have been able to beat Georgia.

But for fucks sake, could have kept it within at least 30 with decent coaching and preparation lol

Last edited: