[NEWS]: Bryan Bickell signs 3 years @ 541,667 per year

KRAZYHWKFAN

Liked Posts:
Re: [NEWS]: Bryan Bickell signing multi-year deal, Boynton

Any word besides capgeek about Bickels cap hit?

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="KRAZYHWKFAN"]Any word besides capgeek about Bickels cap hit?[/quote]

NHLPA. It shows actual salary(Not cap hits). Skille deal showed on NHLPA today for the 1st time.

http://www.nhlpa.com/Players/Compensation/default.aspx

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Hawks make move

9:48AM ET

Antti Niemi | Blackhawks | Interested: Blackhawks

Any time the Chicago Blackhawks sign a player, questions arise on how the move affects the team's ability to re-sign goaltender Antti Niemi.

Late Friday, ESPNChicago's Jesse Rogers reported the Hawks came to an agreement on a three-year deal with mucker Bryan Bickell. The deal is reportedly worth $1.625 million over the next three years.

The re-signing of Bickell could further open the doors to trade Tomas Kopecky and his $1.2 million cap hit to free up a little more dough to re-sign Niemi. Still, with Niemi's arbitration date looming it's a race to the salary finish line for the Hawks.
Not sure we need to move anyone else, I have faith that we can get the right deal done for Niemi now.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

It would be stupid to move more bodies, especially vets like Kopecky. If Niemi's award is too high they can hire one of the UFA goalies, who should come cheap. Personally I believe the arbitration award won't be too high and I it's possible Zito is playing chicken and a deal will be struck before the hearing.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Maiden"]

Unfortunately for Skille his bonus contract hurt him as we could not afford to bring him up last year. That's why Bickell was here more and looked good in the process. Every time Skille was called up I didn't get the feeling he was cut out for the long haul in the bigs.[/quote]

Luckily we don't need a tough guy... we hae Skille:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1LBHZDq8zM[/youtube]

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

and if any team is sporting a 5'9 165 tough guy....the hawks could call up big bad Beach

I thought Scott was going to be the tough guy?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Did that really need purple... REALLY?

Just trying to keep up these days.

KRAZYHWKFAN

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]I thought Scott was going to be the tough guy?[/quote]

You can never have enough tough guys in hockey

Depends if they can move the puck in any way shape or form. As for Bickell he's a big boy. I wouldn't want to piss him off on the ice.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]Depends if they can move the puck in any way shape or form. As for Bickell he's a big boy. I wouldn't want to piss him off on the ice.[/quote]

Bickell is a great guy off the ice; quiet and soft spoken. But he will beat your ass if you piss him off or try and take liberties with his teammates. Great team guy.

Ton

Liked Posts:

The funny thing about Bickell is that in Juniors the knock on him was that he looked "disinterested on the ice at times" and apparently had "poor work ethic" -- things of that sort.

Boy, he shut those critics up real nicely, the guy is a really hard worker... I was shocked when I read reports on him that stated that he wasn't.

Congratulations to Bickell on this contract, I think its an absolute steal for the Blackhawks and in 3 years he'll be earning a much bigger pay day.

[quote name="Ton"]The funny thing about Bickell is that in Juniors the knock on him was that he looked "disinterested on the ice at times" and apparently had "poor work ethic" -- things of that sort.

Boy, he shut those critics up real nicely, the guy is a really hard worker... I was shocked when I read reports on him that stated that he wasn't.

Congratulations to Bickell on this contract, I think its an absolute steal for the Blackhawks and in 3 years he'll be earning a much bigger pay day.[/quote]

You could tell two years ago at Prospect Camp this kid wanted a shot. Bickell, Crawford, Davis all skated optional prospect camp before the mandatory guys.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Excellent signing!