Next Manager: Terry Francona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Based on what I am hill be earing from ESPN it doesnt sound like Francona will be back in Boston. That being said, should the White Sox make a run? He managed the Barons when MJ was there. I think it would be a terrific signing for the White Sox.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Idk, Kenny did list him as a candidate.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
He will be a candidate for sure he has ties to the Soxs. But the Soxs will have to be willing to pay him more than they offered Ozzie. are the Sox willing to do that? IDK only time will tell. But I would think Terry would love to go back to where his career began if he was paid properly.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO Francona will be in Chicago next year. He played for the Cubs in '86 and managed the Barons. He'll either be on the north side or south side.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
:cubstroll:

Rick

Liked Posts:
NO! WE'RE GONNA GET HIM!!!! :cubs: :sweep: :sweep: :sweep: 2012 WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!

:cubstroll:

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
IMO Francona will be in Chicago next year. He played for the Cubs in '86 and managed the Barons. He'll either be on the north side or south side.

I think Quade will be there next year so if Francona does get fired, or doesnt get his option picked up, or resigns I think he will be managing the White Sox next year.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I think Quade will be there next year so if Francona does get fired, or doesnt get his option picked up, or resigns I think he will be managing the White Sox next year.

no way in hell Quade is back. The new GM has the say and i am 99.9% the new GM will want to bring in his own guy.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I guess we have to wait and see :)

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
KW if you do anything to help make up for the catastrophy that was the 2011 season, PLEASE hire Terry Francona as the White Sox next manager.

He's the perfect fit. Has experience, managed in the White Sox system already.

KW if you're listening DO IT!!

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
There's no way that Francona is going to be on the market long enough for the Cubs to hire a GM, and then for that GM to decide whether he wants Francona as his manager.

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
White Sox are the logical choice:

Terry Francona wants out of Boston; White Sox are logical landing spot - Chicago Sun-Times

Francona has close ties to the Sox, with whom he began his coaching and managing career in the minor leagues. He was interviewed by Williams in 2003, when Guillen was hired and was the manager at Class AA Birmingham for three years during the “Michael Jordan baseball experience” of 1994. Sox pitching coach Don Cooper, who received a four-year extension this week, was the Sox minor-league pitching coordinator at the time.

In 1996, Francona was third-base coach for the Tigers, whose manager was Buddy Bell, the Sox’ current farm director. The Phillies made Francona their manager in 1997.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0930-manager-white-sox-chicago--20110930,0,6700284.story

If the White Sox aim high for a successor to manager Ozzie Guillen, they could wait until the status of the Red Sox's Terry Francona is resolved.

Francona was a minor league manager for the White Sox from 1991-95 who won two World Series with the Red Sox. But he and general manager Theo Epstein were assessing his future in the wake of Boston's historic collapse.

Last edited:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Francona is out! Jon Heyman says of right now, Francona is not high on the White Sox list.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
KW can salvage some of the shit he's done recently by hiring Francona.

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
Francona is out! Jon Heyman says of right now, Francona is not high on the White Sox list.

Heyman is a hack.

The White Sox would be STUPID not to have Francona high on their list. Then again, this IS the White Sox we're talking about.

GET IT DONE KENNY!!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't want him. ESPN this morning reported he wants out because of the pressure. If that is true, than he is not the right man for the Chi Sox job

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
I don't want him. ESPN this morning reported he wants out because of the pressure. If that is true, than he is not the right man for the Chi Sox job

You have a right to your opinion....but, the "pressure" with the Red Sawx is a whole different animal than it is with other teams.

Plus you don't want him because he isn't Ryne Sandberg

Ryno Ryno Ryno!! :rollseyes:

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
I want Frank Thomas. :D

Greatest player in White Sox history and one of my all time favorites.

Frank is many things but, a smart man he is not....definitely couldn't handle managing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.