Next Years QB Class

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t watch college football much anymore. What’s the QB class like for next year? Any Manning/Luck obvious #1 types?

Just curious because obviously we all hope Fields is the guy. But if Poles decides for some reason he’s not, then next year is the most likely chance he’s going to get to draft a QB. The team will probably be bad and have a high pick.

If Fields IS the guy then having a high pick with teams looking to trade up is also ideal. So is the class any good?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ll help your thread baba lol. It’s not as weak as this class but I wouldn’t say there is a consensus #1 pick. Stroud, Young and Richardson will probably go in the first baring set back

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This year's offseason going slow so let's start talking about next year's offseason. I like it.
I like to think big picture. I’m on record as saying the QB position should always be on the table. Even this year if Poles really really liked a QB I’d support drafting one. There’s maybe 10 good ones on the planet….. a good GM should ALWAYS be thinking about the position.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No really elite prospects yet, but Burrow for example came out of nowhere during the 2019 season.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I like to think big picture. I’m on record as saying the QB position should always be on the table. Even this year if Poles really really liked a QB I’d support drafting one. There’s maybe 10 good ones on the planet….. a good GM should ALWAYS be thinking about the position.

Imagine what this board would be like next year if Fields doesn't progress and they have a bottom 10 offense and defense.
The entertainment value would be very high.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
10 good QBs on the planet? C’mon, man.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine what this board would be like next year if Fields doesn't progress and they have a bottom 10 offense and defense.
The entertainment value would be very high.
Yep. Without a major step by Fields, it could be a long year now that we've moved on from some defensive stars.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I'm sure some people will be pissed at the question even being asked, but is it possible Poles doesn't like Fields as his QB and is not going to surround with talent a QB he doesn't see a future with?

I don't think it's such a crazy question. If Poles doesn't think Fields is the guy, I could see him purposely holding his powder this year, gathering a high draft pick and big cap space for next year's free agency class.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure some people will be pissed at the question even being asked, but is it possible Poles doesn't like Fields as his QB and is not going to surround with talent a QB he doesn't see a future with?

I don't think it's such a crazy question. If Poles doesn't think Fields is the guy, I could see him purposely holding his powder this year, gathering a high draft pick and big cap space for next year's free agency class.
At first I thought your assertion was a bit crazy. Like how could Poles make his mind up after 1 year. But it happened to Rosen.

Rosen was worse overall but he got sacked more than Justin too.

SmartSelect_20220322-105332_Chrome.jpg

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I don’t watch college football much anymore. What’s the QB class like for next year? Any Manning/Luck obvious #1 types?

Just curious because obviously we all hope Fields is the guy. But if Poles decides for some reason he’s not, then next year is the most likely chance he’s going to get to draft a QB. The team will probably be bad and have a high pick.

If Fields IS the guy then having a high pick with teams looking to trade up is also ideal. So is the class any good?

Hopefully it will be irrelevant for the Bears.

If it isn't, then we start all over yet again.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
At first I thought your assertion was a bit crazy. Like how could Poles make his mind up after 1 year. But it happened to Rosen.

Rosen was worse overall but he got sacked more than Justin too.

View attachment 18336
I think a lot of that had to do with ARZ having the #1 overall pick and there being a clear top QB in that draft. If CHI somehow manages the #1 overall pick (or top 3 or whatever), I think that becomes a conversation.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I hope It won’t be a need but with franchise luck forward thinking a good idea. I hope it’s a solid qb class cause even if we don’t need one it would make our draft pick a prime trade target. 3 firsts went for trey lance man that is a franchise changing haul right there if done right. We likely are dog shit this year so that high pick can be an important drafted player or traded for 3 firsts

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don’t think he is going to invest alot of money into skill players until that question is answered. Draft picks? Yes, big money contracts, no.