Next Years QB Class

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
Quinn Ewers from the longhorns will be the Andrew Luck prospect you are looking for. I am unsure if he will be available in this next draft or the yr after that

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of that had to do with ARZ having the #1 overall pick and there being a clear top QB in that draft. If CHI somehow manages the #1 overall pick (or top 3 or whatever), I think that becomes a conversation.
Of course. Knowing they had the #1 overall pick made it bearable.

I will say this. I still have a lot of hope for Fields. But I think some are downplaying how imperative it is for him to be MUCH better this year. He was a blue-chip prospect coming in...he wasn't a project like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Mitch Trubisky or Trey Lance.

The stakes are high for him in 2022.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a legitimate question and probably something that will definitely come up if we have a high pick.

At this point, next season isn't looking too great for us. We may very well have a top 5 pick. If Fields struggles again, this will absolutely be a conversation. If we suck but Fields looks solid or at the very least shows nice improvement, then he's safe and we'll continue building around him.

But yeah... several teams over the last 10-15 years have shown they don't mind moving on from a QB they drafted in the first round after 1-3 years. Especially when there is a change with the GM/HC. So if it does happen, it shouldn't shock anyone.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm sure some people will be pissed at the question even being asked, but is it possible Poles doesn't like Fields as his QB and is not going to surround with talent a QB he doesn't see a future with?

I don't think it's such a crazy question. If Poles doesn't think Fields is the guy, I could see him purposely holding his powder this year, gathering a high draft pick and big cap space for next year's free agency class.
I don’t think it’s a crazy question at all. Fields was not universally loved or he would have gone higher. Poles may have a different opinion than Bears fans.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t watch college football much anymore. What’s the QB class like for next year? Any Manning/Luck obvious #1 types?

Just curious because obviously we all hope Fields is the guy. But if Poles decides for some reason he’s not, then next year is the most likely chance he’s going to get to draft a QB. The team will probably be bad and have a high pick.

If Fields IS the guy then having a high pick with teams looking to trade up is also ideal. So is the class any good?
Wouldn’t it be nice to trade down and out of the top 10 for a kings ransom for once?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t it be nice to trade down and out of the top 10 for a kings ransom for once?
Oh lord yes. Would love nothing more than one of those trade for three 1st’s deals.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you would move to NJ we could go out to brunch or go drinking or something to cure your boredom. We do have 3 major airports in the area.
There have been so many storms and cancellations I’m not flying for a while

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@BaBaBlacksheep Fields will be fine. All dude has been doing is training since he returned from MIA in February

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
is it possible Poles doesn't like Fields as his QB
Astute observation and very plausible. Hires a defensive head coach. Seems more interesting in adding to the defense.

Organizationally, it made no sense to let Pace trade up and draft Fields last season if there was any potential this was his final season. All they did was handicap a new GM with a QB he may not want.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So? I’m sure Mitch worked his ass off too.
No. Fine me a report of Mitch working with a QB coach in the offseason after his first season? Hell find me something showing he trained most off season

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No. Fine me a report of Mitch working with a QB coach in the offseason after his first season? Hell find me something showing he trained most off season

Why limit it to his first season? I don’t think effort was ever the problem with Mitch.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure some people will be pissed at the question even being asked, but is it possible Poles doesn't like Fields as his QB and is not going to surround with talent a QB he doesn't see a future with?

I don't think it's such a crazy question. If Poles doesn't think Fields is the guy, I could see him purposely holding his powder this year, gathering a high draft pick and big cap space for next year's free agency class.
The moves are consistent with this, but I have a hard time believing that message was sold to George and Ted, Bill Polian, Soup Campbell and Tanesha Wade and that it landed.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
So? I’m sure Mitch worked his ass off too.
He did. He led offseason workouts with ARob, Kmet, and others.

He also did rehab for his shoulder and throwing mechanics.

He also trained with personal coaches at Throw It Deep training academy. There's never been a question about Mitchell's work ethic.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are you really trying to sell me on Fields will be fine because he works hard? C’mon man. The NFL is littered with guys that worked their asses off but still didn’t make it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why limit it to his first season? I don’t think effort was ever the problem with Mitch.

I’m going off of what Fields is right now, thought that was pretty obvious

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are you really trying to sell me on Fields will be fine because he works hard? C’mon man. The NFL is littered with guys that worked their asses off but still didn’t make it.
No I’m going off the fact he has shown to process faster despite being thrown in a terrible situation, the work ethic is a plus. Seems to me you don’t believe he will be good, can you confirm?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He did. He led offseason workouts with ARob, Kmet, and others.

He also did rehab for his shoulder and throwing mechanics.

He also trained with personal coaches at Throw It Deep training academy. There's never been a question about Mitchell's work ethic.
So would that make Mitch the best QB in Bears history like you said he would be?

Right I’m on ignore, @BaBaBlacksheep can you ask him this please