Next Years QB Class

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course. Knowing they had the #1 overall pick made it bearable.

I will say this. I still have a lot of hope for Fields. But I think some are downplaying how imperative it is for him to be MUCH better this year. He was a blue-chip prospect coming in...he wasn't a project like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Mitch Trubisky or Trey Lance.

The stakes are high for him in 2022.
putting Jackson and Allen in the same sentence as Trubisky and Lance is blasphemy

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Meh I think he got a raw deal, Nagy was an AWFUL coach
An awful coach yes, but Mitch is just an average quarterback, nothing special. He proved that after 2018 when he didnt take that next step some of us thought he would. Maybe it was Nagy, but I believe it was a bit of both.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
An awful coach yes, but Mitch is just an average quarterback, nothing special. He proved that after 2018 when he didnt take that next step some of us thought he would. Maybe it was Nagy, but I believe it was a bit of both.
Then why did you turn into a crybaby every time i criticized Mitch?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don’t watch college football much anymore. What’s the QB class like for next year? Any Manning/Luck obvious #1 types?

Just curious because obviously we all hope Fields is the guy. But if Poles decides for some reason he’s not, then next year is the most likely chance he’s going to get to draft a QB. The team will probably be bad and have a high pick.

If Fields IS the guy then having a high pick with teams looking to trade up is also ideal. So is the class any good?
Actually I think the class is really strong with the kid from Alabama & another stud from The Ohio State, maybe more but at least 3-4 strong 1st round rated guys.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Imagine what this board would be like next year if Fields doesn't progress and they have a bottom 10 offense and defense.
The entertainment value would be very high.
Next year is basically Fields' 2nd rookie season. I just hope the damage that ape Nagy did to the kid wasn't too severe.

Nagy just had no idea how to put anyone in a position to succeed. All in the name of doing things his way. Fuck, what a horrible coach. So glad that dipshit is gone.

I hope Getsy is a god. He's gonna have to unfuck a lot of shit on this offense. ?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at this topic realistic, I like. I'd rather it be Pole's QB that sinks him, rather than Pace's. I mean if Fields' is the man, by all means... but if not, don't let it be your undoing Poles. That's all I'm saying.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A lot of pressure to put on a guy who was only a WR coach until a couple of years ago. Hope that we’re truly getting Getsy on the way up…

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Imagine what this board would be like next year if Fields doesn't progress and they have a bottom 10 offense and defense.
@Black Rainbow would be dancing on graves like the miserable fuck he is. Shoot me now if that happens.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

I hope like hell that doesn't happen, but if it does, there will be a lot of fans blaming the protection and receivers who were the same people defending not signing good o-linemen or receivers.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I won't be surprised if we have a Top-10 draft pick next year. My feeling tells me we will use it to focus on the OL/DL. Not QB or WR. And it also won't surprise me if we get Top-5, Poles will trade down with a team who has multiple first round picks. I am cool with that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of course. Knowing they had the #1 overall pick made it bearable.

I will say this. I still have a lot of hope for Fields. But I think some are downplaying how imperative it is for him to be MUCH better this year. He was a blue-chip prospect coming in...he wasn't a project like Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Mitch Trubisky or Trey Lance.

The stakes are high for him in 2022.
I don't entirely disagree but they're all projects coming to the NFL. Lamar is still running a college O. Mitch was supposed to be the most pocket ready of that class. They're all different and compares are rarely predictive on QBs. 3 of those 4 were draft well higher than Fields. They were bluer chip by definition. That said, it wasn't all on him but yes, Fields does need to to play significantly better this year. I expect him too but it's obviously no given.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I won't be surprised if we have a Top-10 draft pick next year. My feeling tells me we will use it to focus on the OL/DL. Not QB or WR. And it also won't surprise me if we get Top-5, Poles will trade down with a team who has multiple first round picks. I am cool with that.
This may sound weird but I think it will have a lot to do with getting a real #1 WR and how well the OL gels. I expect the D to keep us in games and how well we can capitalize on big plays and run clock will be the difference. It won't take that much to be respectable but obviously, no one expects a great deal more than that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now I’ll give Mitch the fact he knew when to run better than Fields but I think that was due to him giving up after the first read. I’m actually looking forward to his time with the Steelers, maybe he’ll be their best QB in history instead
In 2018, it was like he had eyes in the back of his head. In 2019 it's like they all flinched at the same time.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually I think the class is really strong with the kid from Alabama & another stud from The Ohio State, maybe more but at least 3-4 strong 1st round rated guys.
Stroud looks special.