NFC North Race Is Taking Shape..

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
With upcoming division games and teams battling injuries it will be interesting to see how everything shakes out..

Thoughts.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
I think many of us knew that the division would be a dog fight this year, but I believe some of us are surprised with just how good each team has looked in comparison to the teams they have played. It's actually crazy to think that if the Bears had not coughed up that Indy game, that they would be riding in at 5-1.

I think quality of opponents is important and we have beaten up on some bad rosters so I believe our win total is rather inflated. However, Williams improved play and our defense should keep us in most games.

I like how we match up against Detroit. We played them well last year with a lesser roster. It's just going to be competitive. There is even talk about the mathematics of getting all four teams into the playoffs, but I imagine that will only be the case if the rest of the NFC is dog poop.

The NFC North has out scored their opponents by 211 points.

The next best division is the AFC West. They have outscored their opponents by 20.

This is mainly due to the fact that NFCN has (thus far) had some of the best defensive play. I think between us and the AFCW we have the combined lowest point total for opponents.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Are the Packers really that good at taking the ball away or have they caught some luck?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are the Packers really that good at taking the ball away or have they caught some luck?

They have a solid secondary. I would not be surprised at all if Packers vs Bears is the lowest scoring games for both teams this season.

I am also still scared of Brian Flores with this OL.

The back half of the schedule is going to be the true measure for how good this Bears team really is IMO.

msadows

Liked Posts:
How bad is detoilets defense gonna be without hutch?

Does it matter since they will score 35+ a game?

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:

You can say that about anybody. You make your own luck by making plays. That's what the teams in division have done. Made plays. The question is will they be able to sustain it during divisional games?

I would really love to see the Bears win their next two games. To me, this says a lot about our chances to face our divisional opponents. Daniels has proven to be a real threat and it will take a lot to stop him. The AZ is a trap game that the Bears should win, but a great example of a game where the Bears could easily look past it especially if they beat Washington.

I think Washington will come in ready to play in two weeks. They have a chip on their shoulder after we smoked them bad last year. You can bet they will come in motivated especially at home.

I do have one question. We played Washington on the road last year. Why are we playing Washington on the road again this year? I would have figured the field would flip in consecutive years?

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
What stands out to me is how great the quarterbacking has been for all four teams throughout the division. Goff is a master executing the Lions' offense from the pocket. Love has a lot of talent. He makes some amazing throws but some awful ones too. All Darnold has done is beat SF, Houston, GB and the Jets and has his team 5-0. And of course Caleb has been impressive for a rookie, especially the past three weeks or so.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the division games will be a bloodbath against each other...I don't expect the Bears to be on the winning end of most of them....

The Bears are not there yet, and Williams still needs to get better.

msadows

Liked Posts:
What stands out to me is how great the quarterbacking has been for all four teams throughout the division. Goff is a master executing the Lions' offense from the pocket. Love has a lot of talent. He makes some amazing throws but some awful ones too. All Darnold has done is beat SF, Houston, GB and the Jets and has his team 5-0. And of course Caleb has been impressive for a rookie, especially the past three weeks or so.

Watched all the packers/love games and he's the worst of the bunch

He's still getting away with his shitty stupid prayer toss ups, had another one this past week. Threw a floater at the goal line and it went for a TD instead of an easy INT.

Dude must have a horseshoe up his ass.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think the division games will be a bloodbath against each other...I don't expect the Bears to be on the winning end of most of them....

The Bears are not there yet, and Williams still needs to get better.

They played pretty well against the lions last two years with fields.

I expect gayleb to torch that defense w/o hutch. Just limit the run. Bears are a bad matchup for the lions in years past because they were very good against the run.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They played pretty well against the lions last two years with fields.

I expect gayleb to torch that defense w/o hutch. Just limit the run. Bears are a bad matchup for the lions in years past because they were very good against the run.
Each year is different.

I hope I am wrong but Caleb Williams will have challenges going up against better teams and his inexperience will show...

Bears are not ready this year, but next year they had better be ready to make the playoffs and win a game or two.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think many of us knew that the division would be a dog fight this year, but I believe some of us are surprised with just how good each team has looked in comparison to the teams they have played. It's actually crazy to think that if the Bears had not coughed up that Indy game, that they would be riding in at 5-1.

I think quality of opponents is important and we have beaten up on some bad rosters so I believe our win total is rather inflated. However, Williams improved play and our defense should keep us in most games.

I like how we match up against Detroit. We played them well last year with a lesser roster. It's just going to be competitive. There is even talk about the mathematics of getting all four teams into the playoffs, but I imagine that will only be the case if the rest of the NFC is dog poop.

This is mainly due to the fact that NFCN has (thus far) had some of the best defensive play. I think between us and the AFCW we have the combined lowest point total for opponents.
Only team i'm surprised by is Minn and that's only because they're 5-0. Still thought they would be good because i had 100% complete faith in their HC Kevin O'Connell but didn't think they'd be undefeated with some big wins under their belts like they are.