D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He does. He will be very good/great, but he hasn't been hit by the adversity hammer of a division game yet...
Maybe. But what is a more ideal scenario:

A rookie QB playing against their divisional rivals, in the first games, first live NFL defense, while at the VERY BEGINNING of the process of installing the offense, and figuring out timing, with a brand new offensive staff…and against divisional rivals that have been playing for years out of their playbook?

or

Having over half a season’s worth of games to get shit figured out, before playing those divisional rivals?

My opinion: Caleb is way ahead of schedule, and is showing growth in each and every game following his previous. He was objectively better in week 2 than he was in week 1. He has
objectively better in week 3 than he was in week 2. He was objectively better in week 4 than he was in week 3. He was objectively better in week 5 than he was in week 4. He was objectively better in week 6 than he was in week 5.

It’s crazy, because linear, game over game improvement, flies right in the face of conventional wisdom, in QB development.

I’ve even read Houston fans that watched Caleb’s UK game say that he is not the same QB they faced at all, earlier this season, and feel lucky that Houston got to face him before where he’s at now.

That was a 6 point game. Caleb is more than 6 points better now, than where he was, game 2 of the season.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe. But what is a more ideal scenario:

A rookie QB playing against their divisional rivals, in the first games, first live NFL defense, while at the VERY BEGINNING of the process of installing the offense, and figuring out timing, with a brand new offensive staff…and against divisional rivals that have been playing for years out of their playbook?

or

Having over half a season’s worth of games to get shit figured out, before playing those divisional rivals?

My opinion: Caleb is way ahead of schedule, and is showing growth in each and every game following his previous. He was objectively better in week 2 than he was in week 1. He has
objectively better in week 3 than he was in week 2. He was objectively better in week 4 than he was in week 3. He was objectively better in week 5 than he was in week 4. He was objectively better in week 6 than he was in week 5.

It’s crazy, because linear, game over game improvement, flies right in the face of conventional wisdom, in QB development.

I’ve even read Houston fans that watched Caleb’s UK game say that he is not the same QB they faced at all, earlier this season, and feel lucky that Houston got to face him before where he’s at now.

That was a 6 point game. Caleb is more than 6 points better now, than where he was, game 2 of the season.
No one is disputing Williams has gotten better

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The offense is playing well but started off putrid - for the first 3 weeks or so they were 32nd in Offensive DVOA and are now 22nd.

The talent level of the skill positions is easily top 10.

Caleb + the weapons are elite but the OL is still suspect against good DLs/DCs, Swift/Johnson have their own Thunder & Lightning thing going on and can be freaking dynamic going down the stretch

GB has an elite offensive mind but I'm suspect of Love and their weapons - their DC came from college so I don't know how to feel about him - they can be caught

Detroit has a monster offense but Goff won't come here and beat us in the cold and the defense is going to miss Hutch badly, they can be caught

Minnesota has the most talented weapons (and Hockenson is going to be back), maybe the best OL, KOC is in the same tier as Johnson/LaFluer and Flores is in the same tier as Flus + Darnold has real talent that's been underdeveloped - we're not catching them
Darnold, like Goff, can be rattled with pressure. If Gervon can be disruptive from the interior, the Bears can play with them.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one is disputing Williams has gotten better
I just wanted to add, that Williams also weathered an international game, amazingly well, only having one truly bad throw…while the read, decision, and timing, was correct.

For context, there have been 3 international games played thus far in the season, and:

Jordan Love’s worst passer rating of the season thus far, came in his international game.

Sam Darnold’s worst passer rating of the season thus far, came in his international game.

Aaron Rodgers’ worst passer rating of the season thus far, came in his international game.

Jalen Hurts’ worst passer rating of the season thus far, came in his international game.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I just wanted to add, that Williams also weathered an international game, amazingly well, only having one truly bad throw…while the read, decision, and timing, was correct.

For context, there have been 3 international games played thus far in the season, and:

Jordan Love’s worst passer rating of the season thus far, came in his international game.

Sam Darnold’s worst passer rating of the season thus far, came in his international game.

Aaron Rodgers’ worst passer rating of the season thus far, came in his international game.

Jalen Hurts’ worst passer rating of the season thus far, came in his international game.
Fuck outta here with your facts & logic.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Watched all the packers/love games and he's the worst of the bunch

He's still getting away with his shitty stupid prayer toss ups, had another one this past week. Threw a floater at the goal line and it went for a TD instead of an easy INT.

Dude must have a horseshoe up his ass.

Um.... Then why does Love have the best stat line of any NFCN QB? He literally is 2nd in the league in TD passes despite missing two games.

Incredible passes doesn't = luck lol. Love was known for his highlight reel passes coming out of college, that's why he was projected to and drafted in the 1st round.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Every NFC North team makes the playoffs.
That will be difficult since Tampa and Atlanta should each go 5-1 in their division, or 4-2 at the worst. (I know, strange results await, but they have two bad teams in the South)

East - Washington and Philly - though they can lose at any time.
West - San Fran should win division and Seattle will fade so that's good. I don't see AZ or LA getting to enough wins.

Doable. But those South teams need to lose their AFC matchups.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In fairness, the point differentials are not per game, but aggregate, and the Bears have played 6 vs some teams playing 5.

But still a strong indicator.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um.... Then why does Love have the best stat line of any NFCN QB? He literally is 2nd in the league in TD passes despite missing two games.

Incredible passes doesn't = luck lol. Love was known for his highlight reel passes coming out of college, that's why he was projected to and drafted in the 1st round.
OH bullshit, he does not have a better stat line than Goff, you dolt. Goff is averaging more yards per attempt ( 8.9 vs 7.8) has a higher completion percentage (71.1 vs measly 58.9) less interceptions (4 vs 6) and a higher overall rating (105.3 vs 93.7)

GTFO

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
OH bullshit, he does not have a better stat line than Goff, you dolt. Goff is averaging more yards per attempt ( 8.9 vs 7.8) has a higher completion percentage (71.1 vs measly 58.9) less interceptions (4 vs 6) and a higher overall rating (105.3 vs 93.7)

GTFO
Love has more TD passes, a better TD to INT ratio, more rushing yards and only 200 less passing yards in 2 less games lol.

Just wait until next week. Goff is mediocre af. Love is 2nd in TD passes on the league despite missing two games

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love has more TD passes 12 and only 200 less passing yards in 2 less games lol. Just wait until next week. Goff is mediocre af.
1 less game, dumbass. So fucking what about the TD's, Goff leads him in every other stat except interceptions, which Love has accomplished in one less game, I might add.

* and I never spoke of passing yards.

"Then why does Love have the best stat line of any NFCN QB?"

Because he doesn't

not in yards per attempt
not in QB rating
not in completion percentage.

/end debate

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
1 less game, dumbass. So fucking what about the TD's, Goff leads him in every other stat except interceptions, which Love has accomplished in one less game, I might add.

* and I never spoke of passing yards.

"Then why does Love have the best stat line of any NFCN QB?"

Because he doesn't

not in yards per attempt
not in QB rating
not in completion percentage.

/end debate

Love has more passing TDs by far, and also a better TD to INT ratio, that easily outweighs everything else you said. Love also only has only 200 less passing yards, and more rushing yards in 1 less game.