NFC North Race Is Taking Shape..

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Vikings defense will be a tough matchup , Darnold probably reverts to his norm

Bears need to make the playoffs for the experience, trade or Draft for a LT .

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I think many of us knew that the division would be a dog fight this year, but I believe some of us are surprised with just how good each team has looked in comparison to the teams they have played. It's actually crazy to think that if the Bears had not coughed up that Indy game, that they would be riding in at 5-1.

I think quality of opponents is important and we have beaten up on some bad rosters so I believe our win total is rather inflated. However, Williams improved play and our defense should keep us in most games.

I like how we match up against Detroit. We played them well last year with a lesser roster. It's just going to be competitive. There is even talk about the mathematics of getting all four teams into the playoffs, but I imagine that will only be the case if the rest of the NFC is dog poop.

This is mainly due to the fact that NFCN has (thus far) had some of the best defensive play. I think between us and the AFCW we have the combined lowest point total for opponents.
Inflated? Da Bears have played weaker teams, yes, But they have soundly beat them down. If they had barely won (no pun intended) that would be a different story.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I think the division games will be a bloodbath against each other...I don't expect the Bears to be on the winning end of most of them....

The Bears are not there yet, and Williams still needs to get better.
Williams needs to get better, or he should continue to get better? There's a difference.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Inflated? Da Bears have played weaker teams, yes, But they have soundly beat them down. If they had barely won (no pun intended) that would be a different story.

The wins against the Rams and Titans were not beat downs by any means. I think we are all happy to see two convincing victories in a row, but beating GOOD teams are more powerful and meaningful. To this point, this team has yet to do that.

The teams they have beaten are a combined 4-18 while the teams they have currently lost to are combined 8-4.

Having a balanced view over that issue makes you objective and we should continue to be objective until which time this team proves they can beat playoff caliber teams.

The wins are inflated.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same amount of games as Minnesota

now, to give it some more perspective, subtract the giveaways per game.

It's the turnover ratio that matters the most.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
The wins against the Rams and Titans were not beat downs by any means. I think we are all happy to see two convincing victories in a row, but beating GOOD teams are more powerful and meaningful. To this point, this team has yet to do that.

The teams they have beaten are a combined 4-18 while the teams they have currently lost to are combined 8-4.

Having a balanced view over that issue makes you objective and we should continue to be objective until which time this team proves they can beat playoff caliber teams.

The wins are inflated.
Da Bears could have beaten Houston, who you kidding other than yourself? They held them in the teens in points on their home field. Bears played Houston now, they kick their fn asses. They could have beaten Indy. Da Bears are the ones who barely lost (no pun intended) on the road. Both loses total 11 points combined. One more TD in each game and their 6-0. Big fn bad ass Houston scores 19 at home and you want to crown them? Well, go ahead and crown them. Houston is who we thought they were!.....lol.........But seriously..we have our povs and the stats you mentioned are true and the fact is da bears didn't beat Houston and Indy. So you are correct, but your reasoning has some flaw to it. imo....

Nelly

Liked Posts:

The wins are inflated.
The truth is somewhere in the middle. We could have easily beaten the Colts and gave the Texans quite the game on their own field before the offense figured anything out. The Rams game was similar to the Houston one, we just pulled it out, which is what good teams do even when they're not playing their best ball.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Each year is different.

I hope I am wrong but Caleb Williams will have challenges going up against better teams and his inexperience will show...

Bears are not ready this year, but next year they had better be ready to make the playoffs and win a game or two.
I’m hopeful. The thing that is most surprising me about Caleb, is that he seems to REALLY learn a lot, week to week.

Look at how well he has been leading the no huddle, and managing the play clock, the last 2 weeks. He has not been looking like a rookie at all there.

Do you think Mitch, Grossman, Fields, McNown, or Orton could handle running an offense like that, in just their 5th and 6th game in the league?

I had my reservations with the Field trade, and wanted the Bears to get “the Haul”. I still like Fields as a player, and believe that he never really got a fair shake here…but I’m happy that Caleb is the Bears QB, and an happy to have been wrong.

Caleb is a better QB than Fields. I wasn’t so sure about that at the time the Bears moved on from Fields, but I am now, obviously. And for all the painted nails, the kid has extreme mental toughness.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
The offense is playing well but started off putrid - for the first 3 weeks or so they were 32nd in Offensive DVOA and are now 22nd.

The talent level of the skill positions is easily top 10.

Caleb + the weapons are elite but the OL is still suspect against good DLs/DCs, Swift/Johnson have their own Thunder & Lightning thing going on and can be freaking dynamic going down the stretch

GB has an elite offensive mind but I'm suspect of Love and their weapons - their DC came from college so I don't know how to feel about him - they can be caught

Detroit has a monster offense but Goff won't come here and beat us in the cold and the defense is going to miss Hutch badly, they can be caught

Minnesota has the most talented weapons (and Hockenson is going to be back), maybe the best OL, KOC is in the same tier as Johnson/LaFluer and Flores is in the same tier as Flus + Darnold has real talent that's been underdeveloped - we're not catching them

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Each year is different.

I hope I am wrong but Caleb Williams will have challenges going up against better teams and his inexperience will show...

Bears are not ready this year, but next year they had better be ready to make the playoffs and win a game or two.
i love this, it's great seeing Caleb processing and reading the field against mid teams but becoming Brady, Brady against some of the top teams was maxed out and they were close games, that's the focus and intensity it will take. I think caleb has a chance though he's not one of those dudes who sits at red lights then the light turns green and there's a 3 second delay until they go, his foot hits the gas right when it's green

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
Top 4 teams in the NFL in point differential are all the NFC north teams, that is unreal. I still think we are the 4th best team in the division, a year away in my opinion. The next offseason with the draft picks we have and free agency is absolutely huge, it could propel us to a top contender if Caleb continues to grow. Anything we get this season is gravy, I am only looking at Caleb’s development. Hopefully we keep growing and win a few of these division games in the second half. If we end up with 10 wins and beat the Packers one game I will be over the moon, then next year if we really shore up the offensive line and get another pass rusher we will be ready to contend with Caleb maturing and growing.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Top 4 teams in the NFL in point differential are all the NFC north teams, that is unreal. I still think we are the 4th best team in the division, a year away in my opinion. The next offseason with the draft picks we have and free agency is absolutely huge, it could propel us to a top contender if Caleb continues to grow. Anything we get this season is gravy, I am only looking at Caleb’s development. Hopefully we keep growing and win a few of these division games in the second half. If we end up with 10 wins and beat the Packers one game I will be over the moon, then next year if we really shore up the offensive line and get another pass rusher we will be ready to contend with Caleb maturing and growing.

Bears have the best QB in the division going forward. Kinda crazy to think about.

Life in the NFL becomes easy mode when you have a franchise QB.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Watched all the packers/love games and he's the worst of the bunch

He's still getting away with his shitty stupid prayer toss ups, had another one this past week. Threw a floater at the goal line and it went for a TD instead of an easy INT.

Dude must have a horseshoe up his ass.
bro this is what I keep saying about Love lol

he's the beneficiary of his teams system. as an aside, Rodgers should've just retired and counted his money.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m hopeful. The thing that is most surprising me about Caleb, is that he seems to REALLY learn a lot, week to week.

Look at how well he has been leading the no huddle, and managing the play clock, the last 2 weeks. He has not been looking like a rookie at all there.

Do you think Mitch, Grossman, Fields, McNown, or Orton could handle running an offense like that, in just their 5th and 6th game in the league?

I had my reservations with the Field trade, and wanted the Bears to get “the Haul”. I still like Fields as a player, and believe that he never really got a fair shake here…but I’m happy that Caleb is the Bears QB, and an happy to have been wrong.

Caleb is a better QB than Fields. I wasn’t so sure about that at the time the Bears moved on from Fields, but I am now, obviously. And for all the painted nails, the kid has extreme mental toughness.
He does. He will be very good/great, but he hasn't been hit by the adversity hammer of a division game yet...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Williams needs to get better, or he should continue to get better? There's a difference.
He needs to get better to win the division and compete in the playoffs....He should get better, but probably not good enough this year.