NFCN Expert Grades

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know, you can't judge a draft for three years. But since we are going to talk this to death anyway, here is what some experts are saying:

Prisco:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/24544989/grades-2014-nfl-draft-round-1

Vikings (9): B
Lions: C-
Bears: A
Packers: A
Vikings (32): B-

SI.com
http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/08/2014-nfl-draft-first-round-grades/

Vikings (9): B+
Lions: B
Bears: A-
Packers: A
Vikings (32): A+

NFL.com:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-firstround-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

"Passed with Flying Colors":
Vikings
Packers

"General Manager Gets a Sticker"
-

"Good Pick, Good Fit"
Bears

"Good Job, Good Effort"
Lions

mac bear

Liked Posts:
And the 'grades' are not based just on the 'player', it's the 'fit'. I hate that the Packers got HaHa, not cause he was necessarily 'our guy' (as obviously Fuller was and will be) BUT, I hate that they got that 'grade'. THAT pisses me off the most.

Reactions: DC

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I can't take any of these grades serious when they have people giving the Patriots an "A" for taking a guy coming off two major knee surgeries in the 1st round. This shit is biased.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuller is a good ball player. He is univerally getting solid grades.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuller is a good ball player. He is univerally getting solid grades.

Everyone is getting solid grades. The only thing that aren't getting solid grades are teams that didn't go high end need(Ebron to Detroit etc.)

Ideal

Liked Posts:
Not sure I'm sold on the TE the lions picked up. He's not known as a great route runner

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
And the 'grades' are not based just on the 'player', it's the 'fit'. I hate that the Packers got HaHa, not cause he was necessarily 'our guy' (as obviously Fuller was and will be) BUT, I hate that they got that 'grade'. THAT pisses me off the most.

they would of gave the packers that grade for any pick

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not sure I'm sold on the TE the lions picked up. He's not known as a great route runner

He's a high floor sort, it just seems odd for them to take a TE there.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really like the pick. Only thing keeping my excitement down is our lack of starting caliber safetys on this roster and still thin at DT but that's what we can address tonight.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Packers were given a C last year I think. It's not biased on anything other than the player

Rise

Liked Posts:
The Packers get an A because you don't have to deeply rationalize the pick. Sometimes you just keep it simple, they needed a FS, they luckily were able to get the top rated FS in the draft without having to make any moves. That simple.

They got the division crown, bragging rights etc, and they get exactly what that team needed. It just never ends.

We would be on cloud 9 right now if that miracle play had not happened. Division champs, getting Haha at 21. Not one negative post would be on this board and if you're honest with yourselves you will know it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mac bear

Liked Posts:
The Packers were given a C last year I think. It's not biased on anything other than the player

Perhaps, but the National media just seems to love them. Not them alone, as the Jets, Dolphins, Cowboys and Pats get the lion's humping, it's just in the NFC North, the Pack are packed with praise so much, so often, it's just so irritating. I actually respect many of the players, coaches, and even the ownership, and draft strategy, BUT, fuck off, sometimes they can talk about something else...

mac bear

Liked Posts:
The Packers get an A because you don't have to deeply rationalize the pick. Sometimes you just keep it simple, they needed a FS, they luckily were able to get the top rated FS in the draft without having to make any moves. That simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True dat. And why we got A-... still, our pick is still 'less than' theirs, and I'm not sure it deserves to be.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Actually he has plus grades in all phases except blocking. He does have really low grades as a blocker.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps, but the National media just seems to love them. Not them alone, as the Jets, Dolphins, Cowboys and Pats get the lion's humping, it's just in the NFC North, the Pack are packed with praise so much, so often, it's just so irritating. I actually respect many of the players, coaches, and even the ownership, and draft strategy, BUT, fuck off, sometimes they can talk about something else...

Maybe they are praised because they are a really good organization?

FoCo

Liked Posts:
If the Bears would have taken Pryor they would have gotten an A+. But it's easier to find a great safety than a great corner so I understand the pick. If Donald fell to us our safety position would still look the same. Bears took the best player available. Bears will take a safety later on and this pick will look a lot better to everyone when they do. Kyle Fuller is a stud but I understand why people don't like the choice over Pryor. My top two must gets were Donald and Pryor but I am not upset at all with Fuller.

Fuller + safety later > Pryor + corner later