NFCN Expert Grades

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
who gives a fuck about grades....the football field is the only thing that matters...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bears would have taken Pryor they would have gotten an A+. But it's easier to find a great safety than a great corner so I understand the pick. If Donald fell to us our safety position would still look the same. Bears took the best player available. Bears will take a safety later on and this pick will look a lot better to everyone when they do. Kyle Fuller is a stud but I understand why people don't like the choice over Pryor. My top two must gets were Donald and Pryor but I am not upset at all with Fuller.

Fuller + safety later > Pryor + corner later
In this draft, completely incorrect IMO

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
A top notch corner is A MILLION times more important than a top notch safety. It is simply a more important position.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Again, it fits in with 'needs' vs wants. We want a better safety; we needed the corner. The needs correspond with what we HAVE now... we need to USE what we have now... Tillman, Jennings... experienced vets who can groom this QUALITY pick.

This is, I believe, the key to the pick.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A top notch corner is A MILLION times more important than a top notch safety. It is simply a more important position.

Fuller isn't a top notch corner. And this pick isn't occurring in a vacuum. The hell are you talking about?

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually he has plus grades in all phases except blocking. He does have really low grades as a blocker.

To be fair TEs aren't supposed to have hands like a WR but after suffering through having Kellen Davis I cringed when I saw this statement about Ebron. I'm sure Ebron is leaps and bounds better than Davis and won’t randomly just fall to the turf after a catch.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/08/detroit-lions-select-eric-ebron-2014-nfl-draft/

Weaknesses: Dropped nearly 12 percent of the passes thrown his way, an unexpectedly high number that means he’ll leave folks frustrated from time to time. By his own admission, must improve as a run blocker, especially if the team that drafts him wants to use him as a No. 1 tight end. Should be better than he is making grabs in traffic, which could help explain to some extent his very low TD total. Will he be OK with playing a complementary role?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, it fits in with 'needs' vs wants. We want a better safety; we needed the corner. The needs correspond with what we HAVE now... we need to USE what we have now... Tillman, Jennings... experienced vets who can groom this QUALITY pick.

This is, I believe, the key to the pick.

LOL what?

You have need/want completely flipped.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Fuller isn't a top notch corner. And this pick isn't occurring in a vacuum. The hell are you talking about?

Yes he is. He was rated the best DB by several analysts. So were others too but Emery liked this one the best and he knows more about it than you.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes he is. He was rated the best DB by several analysts. So were others too but Emery liked this one the best and he knows more about it than you.

No he's not. Being the "top corner" in a draft where the corner class isn't that good(top heavy wise) aside from maybe Gilbert doesn't make Fuller a "top notch" NFL CB. He's not Champ Bailey.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Watch his tape. Not the highlights but the actual tape on his games. He played corner, nickel and safety. He can play in coverage, he can play at the line, he can blitz, he can cover TEs including Ebron who he shutout, he can tackle well and has speed. He is more polished and is the complete football player.

He is a top notch player.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Gilbert will only be good in zone off the ball. He can't tackle worth a shit and can't help with the run.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
LOL what?

You have need/want completely flipped.

Well, I didn't think I did. I'll try again. I'm a Stones fan, so I digress into song often... cue "Can't always get what you want"...

Wanted, and subsequently, didn't get 'THE' Safety. If we had, I would have been happy. I liked Pryor and Haha, in that order. But, no. The comments on Conte/Mundy (now -- Wright earlier) were that they suffered through the horrendously pourous front four and our 'transitioning' LBs. With that shored up (see free agency for details -- subjective opinions again, but still...), the 'word' was that our safeties were 'servicable'.

Needed... best player availble given personel and system. Fuller 'fills' this need. Our personel, Tillman, Jennings, in particular, dictate that their veteran leadership will be exactly what Fuller, a Bear prototype CB of the Mike Brown kin, will NEED.

There was no LOL intended there. I tried to make funny posts earlier, but this one was straight up.

Cheers.

Rise

Liked Posts:
True dat. And why we got A-... still, our pick is still 'less than' theirs, and I'm not sure it deserves to be.

I think the grades are made based on a lot of factors. Not just simply a fuller vs haha grade, which I can't honestly say fuller is the obviously better prospect can anyone? It's where you're picking, what your team needs are etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, I didn't think I did. I'll try again. I'm a Stones fan, so I digress into song often... cue "Can't always get what you want"...

Wanted, and subsequently, didn't get 'THE' Safety. If we had, I would have been happy. I liked Pryor and Haha, in that order. But, no. The comments on Conte/Mundy (now -- Wright earlier) were that they suffered through the horrendously pourous front four and our 'transitioning' LBs. With that shored up (see free agency for details -- subjective opinions again, but still...), the 'word' was that our safeties were 'servicable'.

Needed... best player availble given personel and system. Fuller 'fills' this need. Our personel, Tillman, Jennings, in particular, dictate that their veteran leadership will be exactly what Fuller, a Bear prototype CB of the Mike Brown kin, will NEED.

There was no LOL intended there. I tried to make funny posts earlier, but this one was straight up.

Cheers.

LOL.

Mike Brown kin as a CB. Good stuff. So Fuller is a safety now?

The hell are you on.

Anyone with a cursory glance at the Bears roster and even a deeper look at it would see safety was a far bigger need than CB. The Bears got a "flex" DB. But he's mainly a corner. Corner on it's face for the Bears is not a bigger need given current roster construction.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I have.

He absolutely is not. He's a nice player. A good pick. He's not a shutdown CB. He's not a top notch CB at this point.

Stahp.

Well this is depressing if true we really screwed up. If fuller is not a top notch #1 secondary contributor then emery failed.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i hope passin on ha-ha doesn't bite us in the a$$.....but I do think fuller graded out higher than ha ha...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And I have watched it to and think he is better than any defensive back. The only player that I think is better at coverage skills is Dennard. But Dennard is not as versatile as Fuller.

IMO, Fuller us better at safety even than Dix is, and that is not even his main position. And I am so glad that our GM agrees with me instead of you.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well this is depressing if true we really screwed up. If fuller is not a top notch #1 secondary contributor then emery failed.

I'm not even saying the pick was "screwed up". Don't mistake me. All I'm saying is that people proposing Fuller as a "top notch" NFL CB aren't being truthful with themselves.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And I have watched it to and think he is better than any defensive back. The only player that I think is better at coverage skills is Dennard. But Dennard is not as versatile as Fuller.

IMO, Fuller us better at safety even than Dix is, and that is not even his main position. And I am so glad that our GM agrees with me instead of you.
:andruw:

Kool-Aid.gif