NFCN Expert Grades

Rise

Liked Posts:
LOL.

Mike Brown kin as a CB. Good stuff. So Fuller is a safety now?

The hell are you on.

Anyone with a cursory glance at the Bears roster and even a deeper look at it would see safety was a far bigger need than CB. The Bears got a "flex" DB. But he's mainly a corner. Corner on it's face for the Bears is not a bigger need given current roster construction.

Not this year because we signed Tillman but next year assuming he retires it would be agreed? Or let's say if Tillman had signed with the bucs would cb have been a larger need than safety?

I think the Bears felt it was a good time to grab a "Tillman replacement" now with the thought of giving him a year to learn from the vet and play in some games without the pressure of being the #1cb as a rookie. This should set him up with a higher chance of success when he takes that role on full time next year.

Now if Fuller can't fill that role, #1cb shadowing megaton etc, or can't transition to a top flight safety than this pick was a huge fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
i hope passin on ha-ha doesn't bite us in the a$$.....but I do think fuller graded out higher than ha ha...

It wont. Dix was drafted in the first round based on 2012. He sucked last year. If he went anywhere else besides Alabama, he would have been a Saturday pick.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
In this draft, completely incorrect IMO

I'll revisit this post when the Bears draft a starting safety in round 3 or 4. We'll see how many teams get a starting corner at the same point.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I really like the Haha pick for the Packers. Comes in as probably the weakest link of the 4 starters in the secondary. Not a lot of expectations for him to be a playmaker, like I think he would have faced in Chicago.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
LOL.

Mike Brown kin as a CB. Good stuff. So Fuller is a safety now?

The hell are you on.

Anyone with a cursory glance at the Bears roster and even a deeper look at it would see safety was a far bigger need than CB. The Bears got a "flex" DB. But he's mainly a corner. Corner on it's face for the Bears is not a bigger need given current roster construction.

Touche on Brown. What I meant was attitude, fortitude, and hell, Fuller has been pegged to fill in at safety. I don't know much on this..

Was it 'what the hell am I on?' is that what you meant? Nothing, but I'd like a beer, thank you for asking.

I like your points about Fuller not being top notch, and rating it with 'other years' and that argument. His grade of 5.9 (like Haha's) sure agrees with you, and no, he's no Champ Bailey... yet?

All I have been trying to suggest is that it is a good pick because of the veteran leadership that offers him some great mentoring. I'm happy with this. It's similar to if we brought it Bostic, hell, even McClellen when Urlacher was still in the fold. To think how Bostic and Greene could have used his experience, his modeling, his mentorship. THAT was one of the biggest fails, in my opinion, of not bringing Urlacher back... Not just his play, or his motor, or size... no, his 'coaching'.

We have this "need" fueled up and to be filled this year, without, I hope, the pressure that Bostic was forced into.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not this year because we signed Tillman but next year assuming he retires it would be agreed?
I don't know? Maybe next year? Who are the safeties next year? Who is on the roster? Can the Bears sign a CB in FA?

Or let's say if Tillman had signed with the bucs would cb have been a larger need than safety?
Ok then CB might have been. But that's not what happened so why would I evaluate this pick based on that?

----

All you can do is evaluate this pick on the here and now and what actually happened.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Touche on Brown. What I meant was attitude, fortitude, and hell, Fuller has been pegged to fill in at safety. I don't know much on this..

Was it 'what the hell am I on?' is that what you meant? Nothing, but I'd like a beer, thank you for asking.

I like your points about Fuller not being top notch, and rating it with 'other years' and that argument. His grade of 5.9 (like Haha's) sure agrees with you, and no, he's no Champ Bailey... yet?

All I have been trying to suggest is that it is a good pick because of the veteran leadership that offers him some great mentoring. I'm happy with this. It's similar to if we brought it Bostic, hell, even McClellen when Urlacher was still in the fold. To think how Bostic and Greene could have used his experience, his modeling, his mentorship. THAT was one of the biggest fails, in my opinion, of not bringing Urlacher back... Not just his play, or his motor, or size... no, his 'coaching'.

We have this "need" fueled up and to be filled this year, without, I hope, the pressure that Bostic was forced into.

Blah blah blah

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Not this year because we signed Tillman but next year assuming he retires it would be agreed? Or let's say if Tillman had signed with the bucs would cb have been a larger need than safety?

I think the Bears felt it was a good time to grab a "Tillman replacement" now with the thought of giving him a year to learn from the vet and play in some games without the pressure of being the #1cb as a rookie. This should set him up with a higher chance of success when he takes that role on full time next year.

Now if Fuller can't fill that role, #1cb shadowing megaton etc, or can't transition to a top flight safety than this pick was a huge fail.

This is what I've been trying to say. Thank you.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Blah blah blah

Jesus... you are irritating. You missed my point every fucking time. I wasn't even disagreeing with you, you dick. I was just trying to elaborate on why it wasn't such a 'bad' pick, even 'over' safety, given this year, given our options, given the fucking more than cursary look at our goddamn roster. Fuck.

You win though. I hope it makes you feel better?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jesus... you are irritating. You missed my point every fucking time. I wasn't even disagreeing with you, you dick. I was just trying to elaborate on why it wasn't such a 'bad' pick, even 'over' safety, given this year, given our options, given the fucking more than cursary look at our goddamn roster. Fuck.

You win though. I hope it makes you feel better?
Blah blah blah.

I never said it was "bad pick".

I know I won. You didn't need to tell me.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don't know? Maybe next year? Who are the safeties next year? Who is on the roster? Can the Bears sign a CB in FA?

Ok then CB might have been. But that's not what happened so why would I evaluate this pick based on that?

----

All you can do is evaluate this pick on the here and now and what actually happened.

I have no idea who the safeties are next year was hoping you did and could make me feel better to be perfectly honest with you lol.

I don't view Tillman as a lock to be available all 16 games. Just saying their is a decent chance he isn't available and then in those moments I think we could be glad we have Fuller. I also think next year when Tillman retires having this 2nd year replacement ready to go on a nice rookie contract could be a great thing. Just sucks right now.

I was firmly in the get a safety camp believe me, even over Donald. I'm just trying to see the positives as this is what the Bears force me to do every year. We rarely make the obvious choice on draft day.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Dude Safety is a less important position than CB. Conte and Wright did fine when the front 7 wasn't broken. No one and I mean no one on here were calling for their heads before the line fell apart last year. They were the starters for like 3 years. That should prove my point.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Bears, Vikings, and Packers I think all had good days yesterday as much as it pains me to say.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fans only care if immediate needs are filled. GMs also have to think about the future. Some people like to argue just to argue.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have no idea who the safeties are next year was hoping you did and could make me feel better to be perfectly honest with you lol.
I didn't mean exclusively in the draft. Meant more so who are the Bears safeties etc.

I don't view Tillman as a lock to be available all 16 games. Just saying their is a decent chance he isn't available and then in those moments I think we could be glad we have Fuller. I also think next year when Tillman retires having this 2nd year replacement ready to go on a nice rookie contract could be a great thing. Just sucks right now.

Which I get. My point has been CB this year is a deeper position in this draft than safety. The Bears could have found a quality CB in the 2-4 rounds. After the top 3-4 safeties the talent at the position falls off a cliff. The Bears current safeties blow. The Bears current CB's don't. You could have fixed both positions(and better so) by grabbing a safety in Rnd 1 and CB in one of the following couple rounds.

Fuller is a "positive". Like I said, I don't think he sucks, or is a bad player, etc. I just think the Bears missed a chance to fill a more glaring need given the current roster and draft depth at the positions of need(CB and S)

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fans only care if immediate needs are filled. GMs also have to think about the future. Some people like to argue just to argue.
The Bears still don't have safeties worth a shit..now or in the future.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude Safety is a less important position than CB. Conte and Wright did fine when the front 7 wasn't broken. No one and I mean no one on here were calling for their heads before the line fell apart last year. They were the starters for like 3 years. That should prove my point.

All it really proves is the Bears were starting bad players at safety for three years.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I really like the pick. Only thing keeping my excitement down is our lack of starting caliber safetys on this roster and still thin at DT but that's what we can address tonight.

We need AT LEAST a new starting Safety or a DT.