NFL.com Mock Draft... Bears trade up to get Trey Lance

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
If both are on the board at 7 not sure Denver would take Fields. I would rather have Fields and doubt if Detroit would trade with us.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft Trey Lance he must not play in 2021. I love the idea and love the player, but they cannot send him to die behind this pitiful offensive line. It will destroy his confidence and ruin him before his career even has a chance to get off the ground.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft Trey Lance he must not play in 2021. I love the idea and love the player, but they cannot send him to die behind this pitiful offensive line. It will destroy his confidence and ruin him before his career even has a chance to get off the ground.
Agreed and a good reason to keep Foles too. Let them play the year out and groom Lance.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Agreed and a good reason to keep Foles too. Let them play the year out and groom Lance.
They don't even need to groom him if they don't want to. They just have to go out there and stay healthy enough between them to start all seventeen games.

But yeah, this is one reason why Nick Foles might still be around.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am fine with Lance. The dude has an incredible amount of talent and people rave about his character and intelligence.

I am also fine if he does not play at all this season.

The important part is that we are developing something and not just treading water with Dalton.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Lance has no business seeing the field this year so they could fill those holes next offseason for him
It's shaping up to be a decent class of offensive tackles next year in free agency. I doubt New Orleans can afford to keep Ryan Ramczyk and Terron Armstead. Its rare good veteran left tackles who are not in the twilight of their careers become available, and if the Bears are drafting Trey Lance he has either had a shocking fall down draft boards or the Bears have parted with so much draft capital that they wont have an opportunity at a first round talent next year.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Don't forget the subpar receiving corps. One good veteran and one promising, but undersized 2nd year player. Pretty much guarantees whoever the QB is will fail.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Don't forget the subpar receiving corps. One good veteran and one promising, but undersized 2nd year player. Pretty much guarantees whoever the QB is will fail.
Subpar receiving corps is fine. The Bears can find competent pass catchers down the road if need be. A shitty wide receiver dropping the ball doesn't get a quarterback seriously injured.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I am fine with Lance. The dude has an incredible amount of talent and people rave about his character and intelligence.

I am also fine if he does not play at all this season.

The important part is that we are developing something and not just treading water with Dalton.
Are you comfortable with Naggy developing him? And if he gets fired lance is saddled on to the next regime like trubisky was. With that said I would be happy with lance just sucks the way the bears do business shit never works out right

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Are you comfortable with Naggy developing him? And if he gets fired lance is saddled on to the next regime like trubisky was. With that said I would be happy with lance just sucks the way the bears do business shit never works out right
They should hire an outside qb developing firm and tell Nagy he isn't allowed to talk to him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is more what I mean by taking a “safe “ player at 20 moreso than not wanting a Qb

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
But the 2nd round pick has to be an OT even if they have to trade up a few spots to get one that can play LT. If we could come out of this draft with Fields or Lance in 1st and Cosmi in the 2nd it is a Win Win. Losing the other picks is ok. QB and LT would be fixed for 22.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think Matt Nagy will be a little preoccupied trying to save his job. It'll probably more Tom Herman, John DeFilippo and Tom Herman developing him than Matt Nagy, if I were to guess.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
But the 2nd round pick has to be an OT even if they have to trade up a few spots to get one that can play LT. If we could come out of this draft with Fields or Lance in 1st and Cosmi in the 2nd it is a Win Win. Losing the other picks is ok. QB and LT would be fixed for 22.
What if trading into the top ten costs the the Bears their second round pick?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if trading into the top ten costs the the Bears their second round pick?

Wouldn't they just give another pick from '22? I'm seeing 3rd in '21 + 1st in '22 fairly often. Not sure of the chart math, but maybe this year's 1st & 4th + next year's 1st & 3rd?