1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
They made it much closer than it had to be.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They made it much closer than it had to be.

That series for their last TD...scored way too quickly..and I thought our D was suppose to be in a prevent Cover 2 to prevent big plays like exactly happened there.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its no lie that Rodgers can carve us a new ass in the secondary. Im not naive to think our Bears are an elite team such as the Patriots. That would be ignorant I agree. But I do have faith that we can do this. And while we can easily make a case why the Packers are a freaking beast at the moment, and I cant argue in reality what it'll take to beat them as it will be difficult. But I do have the choice to say blah, and root for our Bears with optimism lol.

Excellent post. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well... this is irrelevant if we dont finish this game. Why all the fucking blitzing bullshit? Are they unable to bust a nut if they dont give our opponent an opportunity to win?? Thats exactly what will cost us the game against GB.

At first this pissed me off but the more I think about it I see it as a good thing. Rod Marenelli and Brian Urlacher were both noticeably pissed off at the end of the game. Rod Marenelli won't let this shit go unpunished back at Halas Hall, nor will Urlacher in the locker room. During the week I see them placing an emphasis on defending against a two-minute offense and finishing games. They're gonna be pumped up and looking to rebound big heading into the Packers game. All in all, I choose to see it as a perfectly timed reality check that will serve no purpose other than keeping the Bears' D level-headed and not too over-confident, ensuring that they will be hitting their marks come Championship Sunday.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Why didn't they pound the ball with Marshawn Lynch? Hass threw it 46 times lol

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Bet the Bears win by 3 over GB.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I really think Lynch could have carved our defense up had they given him the ball.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really think Lynch could have carved our defense up had they given him the ball.

I highly doubt that. Every time he got the ball he didn't do shit with it.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
@ Da Bears 85: Completely agree. Im hoping that with that one screw up, it'll leave an impression on their minds and get it fixed. Urlacher was pissed at that, and I wasnt far off from him either in emotion lol. Much like the excessive blitzing at once. We had be playing quite proficient up till that point, so it boggled my mind why the sudden change. But they have a week to get this fixed. They cant afford to suddenly be stupid and gamble from here on out like that.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I highly doubt that. Every time he got the ball he didn't do shit with it.

That and the Bears have the #1 ranked run-defense in the league. The Saints game was a fluke, I feel they came in expecting a blowout and were obviously caught off guard. They spent the rest of the game on their heels trying to play catch-up.

Last edited:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Lynch only carried it 4 times.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
I respectfully disagree Rush. He may have been excellent against the Saints, but not against us with Briggs in there. We go against a beast twice a year (Once this year) in Adrian Peterson. I'd say we're battle tested in the ground game.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Though I am amazed they didnt do shit with him... Did he not kiss Carrolls ass this past week or something?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I haven't gone back to check the previous pages, but does anyone else agree that the PI that was called on Tillman when he intercepted the ball after being pushed to the ground was complete bull-shit?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great 55 min Bears...Now bring on the cheeseheads..i already have packer fans telling me this game wont be close.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't gone back to check the previous pages, but does anyone else agree that the PI that was called on Tillman when he intercepted the ball after being pushed to the ground was complete bull-shit?

Total bullshit, I was beyond pissed. Also, my yelling at the tv scared the shit out of my girlfriend. That ref owes me the 5 minutes of my life I had to spend consoling her.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Total bullshit, I was beyond pissed. Also, my yelling at the tv scared the shit out of my girlfriend. That ref owes me the 5 minutes of my life I had to spend consoling her.
Not to mention that at the next disagreement, you'll have to hear how you yelled at a TV. I think you should win even more. lol

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know, right?! I'll try explaining that to her. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.