NFL ranks bears as 14 in new power rankings

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Top tier? That RB just learned how to catch this season. We have one WR who might be top tier that was cast off because of injury and our own injury ridden WR who could've been top tier but should be cast off.
Mostly we have a lot of hype on offense but like Trubisky until we see it all we have is hype, not a top tier offense. We did pretty good improving the WRs from last year but we sure didn't break the bank putting a real top tier player like Mack on offense to claim anyone is top tier yet.

Although I agree about the virtual rookie crap. He's an inexperienced QB who had a horrible HC for his rookie year and is in a new system. But all his rookie excuses should be out of the way after last year. He's been in the big lights before.

AK47 Robinson, Jordan Howard (who's caught every pass thrown to him this season) Trey Burton and 2018 Draft's best WR feel disrespected by this post ^^^

But in a way I agree. We can't really label any of these guys top tier with the limited production thus far with who's throwing them the ball...

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Yeah. Compared to last year these guys are world beaters but outside of Robinson, none of the other guys they signed were flat out studs. And even Robinson never proved himself to be great. Pretty good to good at best. In his defense he played for the Jags so hard to really know. Gabriel was a deep threat for Atlanta and I’m pretty sure his career high is like 30 something catches. He was their number 3. Burton is good but was a backup. You’d think the bears signed a pro bowl TE with all the hype.

I understand these guys were young and the they’ll have more of an opportunity to excel with increased roles in Chicago. but people act like the Bears brought in all these massively talented offensive stars. Taylor Gabriel’s career high is like 35 catches. Burton was a backup to Ertz. Compared to last year these guys are legit but compared to the talent some teams have they’re nothing special.

Reactions: Myk

lurker

Liked Posts:
even better the bookmakers are respecting them....

to compare...last week the Rams were favored by 10 at home vs Arizona.....typically you get 3 points for being at home...so that is a 7 point swing over 0...

Bears are favored by 4.5 over arizona at arizona......that is 7.5 points above 0
Football locks has Chicago -6

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Bears really did Mitch a disservice drafting him #2. Mitch was a 2nd round pick that should have been Garoppolo'd for 3 seasons on the bench.

You've had HOW LONG to sit and perfect your trolling game and THIS is the best you can do?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
AK47 Robinson, Jordan Howard (who's caught every pass thrown to him this season) Trey Burton and 2018 Draft's best WR feel disrespected by this post ^^^

But in a way I agree. We can't really label any of these guys top tier with the limited production thus far with who's throwing them the ball...

I'm not saying they're crap just top tier based on career is going a little overboard. Howard's strides he's made at catching a ball may indeed let him move up there.

Burton is hard to say because it does matter who the QB and the coach calling the plays is. Would he beat Gronk in NE? He should be equal to Kelce considering the systems both are in. So he is probably up there.

Wims hasn't played yet :bowrofl: (I hope he wasn't a preseason wonder and is just taking time to get up to speed, or they're waiting for White to break something.)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yeah. Compared to last year these guys are world beaters but outside of Robinson, none of the other guys they signed were flat out studs. And even Robinson never proved himself to be great. Pretty good to good at best. In his defense he played for the Jags so hard to really know. Gabriel was a deep threat for Atlanta and I’m pretty sure his career high is like 30 something catches. He was their number 3. Burton is good but was a backup. You’d think the bears signed a pro bowl TE with all the hype.

I understand these guys were young and the they’ll have more of an opportunity to excel with increased roles in Chicago. but people act like the Bears brought in all these massively talented offensive stars. Taylor Gabriel’s career high is like 35 catches. Burton was a backup to Ertz. Compared to last year these guys are legit but compared to the talent some teams have they’re nothing special.

That's what I'm saying.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We did pretty good improving the WRs from last year but we sure didn't break the bank putting a real top tier player like Mack on offense to claim anyone is top tier yet.

Mack might be the most impactful defensive player in football right now. Short of signing Aaron Rodgers, I'm not sure what offensive equivalent you had in mind.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Mack might be the most impactful defensive player in football right now. Short of signing Aaron Rodgers, I'm not sure what offensive equivalent you had in mind.

None available doesn't make what we got the best in the NFL, just the best that were available.

So while we improved greatly on offense (over basically no offense) when you get beyond the fan hype many people had expectations that were way out of place.

Mack being called top tier wouldn't make me bat an eye.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
CBSsports.com has us at number 24 and thescore.com has us at number 19.