CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Fantasy Football and Redzone is killing individual game views and damaging fandom. Also, market is saturated with too many games on nights. Thursday Night, Sunday Night and Monday Night. Dumb. Baseball is a much better sport anyway.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't buy that. 'Election' would imply people are watching election coverage INSTEAD of football. There are 21 hours to watch election coverage. Use the other 3 to watch NFL football. Or the other 24 hours the next day.

I think the key is that the politics of the election are now PART of the NFL coverage. Football has always been an escape. The politicizing that has occurred this year has taken that escape away and I think we are seeing the effects.

Right now,it's sucking the air out of everything. The T word is part of most conversations before long. This is the first real social media election in history. Smart phone saturation has changed politics.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Fantasy Football and Redzone is killing individual game views and damaging fandom. Also, market is saturated with too many games on nights. Thursday Night, Sunday Night and Monday Night. Dumb. Baseball is a much better sport anyway.

I think the NFL can do their own thing with streaming. This joke is a joke. Look at MLB - I'll be streaming the Cubs because it's not rational to pay for it. With all the commercials it should be free, end of story.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
This day in age they need to allow people more free access to the games. Having to have direct tv and fork out another 300 bucks a year to watch something that should be on all 3 local channels like it was in the 70's. Streaming will eventually force the NFL's hand into giving in. They need a reality check imo.
You can get Sunday Ticket streamed to your AppleTV, Xbox, etc. without a DirecTV subscription but yeah anything more than $50 is too much to have to sit through commercials.

I think the games would be a bit more interesting to watch if they had more of the Madden-style behind-the-qb view in realtime since so much is happening downfield. The way you watch now from the sidelines was great when the run game was king but now the most you can pick up on is the pass rush and the qb scrambling. The replays usually show what's happening downfield, but if the games were shown with the Madden view how often do you think they'd cut to the sideline view to show you what happened in a replay?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think the NFL can do their own thing with streaming. This joke is a joke. Look at MLB - I'll be streaming the Cubs because it's not rational to pay for it. With all the commercials it should be free, end of story.
They do their own thing on Twitter. Live. Watched it last Thursday night.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to watch every game but haven't seen a complete football game in like 2 years. I've just gotten tired of it oddly enough.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They do their own thing on Twitter. Live. Watched it last Thursday night.

If I was making decisions, I doubt I'd be throwing money at Twitter. Every company wants a contract, but the fact is that the NFL doesn't need it. They should be capable all on their own. Go Cubs!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think the Vikings being 5-0 has something to do with this.

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
I think Thursday Night football should be abandoned. Those games have always sucked.

In a perfect world, I think 26 teams is the appropriate league size. You would probably have enough starting QB-caliber players for that many teams.

Splitting into 4 divisions watered down the postseason. The old format with 3 divisions and 2 wild cards per conference was much better.

I would rather have the college rules on catching passes where you only need 1 foot in, and PI is 15 yards and not a "spot of the ball" foul.

If the NFL is really concerned about cheap shots, don't throw flags on defenseless WRs and such. Just have the league office review the game film, and afterwards issue fines and suspensions. Vontez Burfict should be suspended for 3 years at this point.

No more Week 4 byes. Come on.

Don't take two weeks off before the Super Bowl. Have it be a regular game week.

No more ugly uniforms.
I don't see why TNF is any different than any other time NFL games are played.

Why are bye weeks a problem?

What's wrong with the uniforms?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Same answer to every question. Greed.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pass interference. The fans are tired of it.

Any receiver who gets up from an incompletion waving his arms - which all of them do - should get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

He didn't say bye weeks were a problem. The Early bye's are ridiculous.

Have you not seen the Steelers throwbacks?

Mitchapalooza

Pass interference. The fans are tired of it.

Any receiver who gets up from an incompletion waving his arms - which all of them do - should get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Yeah it's quite annoying seeing a WR look for a flag after every fucking incompletion. You didn't catch it, get over it.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
World Cup qualifiers are going on and you losers are watching a 2nd rate sport like American football when you could be watching soccer.

Mexico is going down.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
As I said, the TNF games always suck. Less prep time for the game, less time to recover from last week's minor injuries, less time to install a full game plan. The TNF games are invariably sloppy, uninteresting, and filled with penalties.

Having a bye in Week 4 is pointless and somewhat of a competitive disadvantage. The byes should really come no sooner than Week 8.

Not a fan of color rush or bumblebee. I'm into aesthetics like that.

Bumblebee is ugly as fuck. It's like the 20s era Bears unis. Some of the color rush are okay. I'm not a huge fan of the really bright ones. Thursday games, though, are horrible unless used very occasionally. I didn't mind them as much when they were every week after Thanksgiving. All season is terrible.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
There is only one reason. The pampered idiots disrespecting America.

The only reason Kapernick pulled his sit and spin is because he knew that doing so kept him from being cut by the niners. All the rest of the sheep followed w/out realizing what the real deal was.