NHL Draft, Hawks News During Draft, All Deals Across The NHL

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like the Staal trade, fine with Hawks pick.

About Bickell: I'd say that if someone is going to give the hawks something for him, trade him. Need the 3rd line to be a lot better than it was last year.

ZDemp34

That One Guy
Liked Posts:
How the hell is his name pronounced? :shrug:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Pierre LeBrun:

RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: Many teams I talked to had Teravainen in their top 5. Could be great value for Chicago #Blackhawks

Tracey Myers:

Teravainen said his favorite #Blackhawks player is Patrick Kane.

Jesse Rogers:

Just talked with Teravainen...he said center or wing...plans on playing in Finland next yr...likes Kane's game.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Kane tweeted a welcome to him. Best friends in the future? :lol:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
For all the well-deserved trash Bowman has gotten for his personnel moves (or lack thereof), two of the players he drafted last year played for the Hawks in 2011-12. Drafting appears to be the only thing he's good at.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane.

LOL

I just saw this highlight package and he reminds me of Kane.....one of his goals he was hanging out around the redline, he appeared to be cherrypicking. I'll say this...he does look very quick on his skates but I guess that might be relative to who he's playing with or against.

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0wd4iCLf8&feature=player_embedded"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0wd4iCLf8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For all the well-deserved trash Bowman has gotten for his personnel moves (or lack thereof), two of the players he drafted last year played for the Hawks in 2011-12. Drafting appears to be the only thing he's good at.

well since he doesnt know how to sign FAs and make trades those draft picks had to play.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Real interesting words, but must consider the source. This is from Bill Zito, Teuravainen's agent:

Zito: “At least 2 NHL teams told me he was in the top 5 on their list and one team told me he was No.1 on their list.”

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
on the Finn they drafted:

WEAKNESSES: His size is his main weakness at this point as he has a general frailty to his frame.

He needs to add considerable strength; although, he has proven to be
able to play better than just effectively against men in Finland’s top league.

His board battle ability and puck protection are not what they could be with added strength.

He also started to show some arrogance and disinterest later in the year as his skill was obviously too much for his peers to handle.

This can lead to some character issues if not addressed.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hahaha I knew Serious would find the negative points hahahahaha

Usually you can't find stuff like that on draft day. It's hidden from view.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Serious, you got a link for what you posted? Looking for more views on this guy.

More on Teravainen:

Teuvo Teräväinen

The youngest of the top-30 prospects, Teravainen has a rocket of a shot that is lethal around the net. The talented winger is blessed with a great hockey sense, top-notch puck skills and great skating abilities similar to Pavel Datsyuk. An excellent puck-distributor, he is also able to score goals thanks to great hands and superior hockey sense.

Dang. Awfully high praise, though.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Real interesting words, but must consider the source. This is from Bill Zito, Teuravainen's agent:

in your quote does it say the teams that had him in their "top 5"? It really doesnt matter because if it were teams with later picks of course he would be in their top 5 as it would make sense. that snippet looks awesome from the surface, but when you actually see that a "top 5" from the teams with 1-10 are a lot different from 11-20 etc.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
in your quote does it say the teams that had him in their "top 5"? It really doesnt matter because if it were teams with later picks of course he would be in their top 5 as it would make sense. that snippet looks awesome from the surface, but when you actually see that a "top 5" from the teams with 1-10 are a lot different from 11-20 etc.

Where did Bobby Mac have him drafted?