Nice to have some hope.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am choosing to go full on believer week one. Let's see how long it lasts.

With as good as the receivers are, and having high hopes for Williams to at a minimum be a good player, I am feeling good about my chances here.

The last leg is under for levis. Dude is gonna get buried.

1000012065.jpg

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
I’m not cautiously optimistic like i have been since cutler, let’s put it that way. If CW fails I give up on Chicago ever getting a quarterback.
I am optimistic, going all in. But I agree completely, this is it. If Caleb is a failure I have no hope the QB position will ever get resolved in my lifetime. I will be 60 next year, the sand is running through the hour glass quickly.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am optimistic, going all in. But I agree completely, this is it. If Caleb is a failure I have no hope the QB position will ever get resolved in my lifetime. I will be 60 next year, the sand is running through the hour glass quickly.
That’s what I mean. I think he’ll be great. I have no reason to be cautious about his future he looks like the real deal.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bet I really like(outside Bears -3.5), is swift on 10.5 receiving yards. Think its -120.

If you are betting caleb to get 300 yards you'd expect his RB to get a few catches
The lack of using Swift in the preseason leads me to believe he will be an important piece for the Bears creating mismatches......I'd take that 10.5 yards on the over all day...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Holy shit you made a post without complaining about how someone accused you of being a racist! A new era on CCS!

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That’s what I mean. I think he’ll be great. I have no reason to be cautious about his future he looks like the real deal.
Even if he isn't the all star that wins three rings, he looks to just be the most talented passer Chicago has ever drafted (that I've seen anyway).

It's just going to be nice that the QB gives us hope to win shootouts and lead come back victories.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
If Caleb looks terrible against the titans starters, what does next week look like? Are the fans going to turn on him?

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Caleb looks terrible against the titans starters, what does next week look like? Are the fans going to turn on him?

The titans actually have a lot of talent on paper on both sides. It wont surprise me if their oline/dline dominates the trenches.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
Fields had crap game after crap game for how long and the last home game of the season last year fans were chanting his name in support. It’s going to take a lot more than one game. We all know the story of Peyton Manning and all of his interceptions the first year. Williams will need time, I am giving him plenty of rope season one and I expect most fans will as well.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fields had crap game after crap game for how long and the last home game of the season last year fans were chanting his name in support. It’s going to take a lot more than one game. We all know the story of Peyton Manning and all of his interceptions the first year. Williams will need time, I am giving him plenty of rope season one and I expect most fans will as well.

I expect plenty of people to bitch if he looks like shit on sunday. He does not have the leash fields/mitch had because this team isnt shit like the 17 and 21 bears.

If he doesnt look like an upgrade by week 4 you will have the fields truthers calling into radio stations daily and the media will start driving a toxic narrative. This is chicago after all.