Nick Kwiatkowski, Deon Rush, and Deiondre Hall

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
All three players were drafted by Ryan Pace in the 4th Round of the 2016 draft. Two of which were in-active on Sunday.

The Dallas Cowboys drafted Dak Prescot in the 4th Round AFTER all three Bears selections.

That is all.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The thing about Prescott is he looks good but how would he look behind an average oline?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing about Prescott is he looks good but how would he look behind an average oline?

His left tackle at Missippi State was oft injured and he played under extreme duress.

The game to watch for this info, is Missippi State vs Missouri...That game showed everything you need to know about Dak Prescott. Its a GM's job to know this.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't worry injuries will solve the problem soon. Then we can say, look at all the draft picks on the field.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I'm with all of you, I would have drafted Prescott. I even liked this 3rd string guy the Patriots are about to start on Thursday (I don't know how he will do but I like dhim at NC State). You have to draft a QB at some point. Ridiculous that we have no young QB to throw into the mix.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with all of you, I would have drafted Prescott. I even liked this 3rd string guy the Patriots are about to start on Thursday (I don't know how he will do but I like dhim at NC State). You have to draft a QB at some point. Ridiculous that we have no young QB to throw into the mix.

That's the thing it may be a gamble but ya have to at least play to win.

Look at Trevor Siemien. When was he drafted, the 7th round? He is not Tom Brady, but he may end up having a better career than Cutler.

Last edited:

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
With the injuries we currently have, all three of those guys could be starting at the Cowboys!

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand the premise and I heard the bit on WSCR, too. But at the same time its hind-sight is 20-20 and poor journalism. The statement contends that, first, Dallas knew Romo would get hurt. Second, that Prescott would win the back up position. And third, that he would play well enough to win a game. Now, I do understand and realize that Cutler has yet to play well enough to win a game this year. So that factoid isn't lost on me. The premise also assumes that Prescott would beat out Hoyer for the #2 if the Bears would have drafted Prescott. Its just shitty logic and inflammatory AM talk radio BS.

Now, having said that, as the same ratio team pointed out, the Bears really haven't invested in the QB position through the draft since Orton and Grossman. That is just horrible but a problem that transcends the last 2-3 regimes. So laying the lack of QB draft picks at Pace's feet, this year, is inaccurate. But it certainly does not explain why the regime with that many picks through the top 6 rounds didn't pick up one freakin' QB. Clearly a mistake on Pace's fault. But it seems to be almost in the Chicago Bears DNA to ignore the QB position. Or, in Cutler's case, just horribly evaluate it!

This team is a shit show. I paided to see this shit show get blown out by a team most thought they could and should beat. The draft picks are not panning out. The FA picks are not panning out. The injuries are piling up in only the second game. If, and by now I think it is officially an "if", Pace and Fox are still around next year then they will almost certainly get a chance to pick from one of the top 2 (?) QBs in the draft. And then they had better nail it. It may be all on Pace's shoulders because I would not be shocked to see Fox gone at the end of the year. This team, who has enough talent to compete with the Eagles, was not ready to play. They come out and play well on adrenaline but once the game starts to flow they get beat in all facets of the game.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
All three players were drafted by Ryan Pace in the 4th Round of the 2016 draft. Two of which were in-active on Sunday.

The Dallas Cowboys drafted Dak Prescot in the 4th Round AFTER all three Bears selections.

That is all.

They also drafted Jaylon Smith in the 2nd who may never play ever.

Bort

Liked Posts:

That is all.

Guise, guise, guise, didn't you hear Pace Almighty say that there weren't any QBs worth drafting when we picked in those rounds? Who are we to question his Holy Paceness?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Take a look around the league to see how often those late round fliers pan out, here's a hint, almost never.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's why you HAVE to take a shot every couple years at least. No one knows how these guys will play in the NLF. You have to take some chances.

Bro, there was no one to take in the past two drafts. :pace:

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Take a look around the league to see how often those late round fliers pan out, here's a hint, almost never.

You have three picks in the 4th round. Selecting three busts would be pure incompetence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It is possible that Pace's scouting department and offensive coaching staff didnt feel like he was going to be successful here.

Bitch and moan all you want, but I'd rather have a GM that listens to his scouting team and coaches when considering his picks, than one who throws draft picks away because of team needs.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I was extremely surprised Pace did not take Prescott in the 4th. I was 100% convinced he was taking a QB this year and after the activity for the first 2 picks, I knew we were out until later in the draft. Many people here really wanted the flier on Prescott. I have a feeling we're going to lose to the Prescott run team on Sunday. I can't see our pass rush getting to him.