HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is possible that Pace's scouting department and offensive coaching staff didnt feel like he was going to be successful here.

Bitch and moan all you want, but I'd rather have a GM that listens to his scouting team and coaches when considering his picks, than one who throws draft picks away because of team needs.

I would rather have a GM that makes sound picks instead of allowing his scouts and head coach to run his show. But that is just me.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Our line aspires to be average

It is going to take a lot of work and luck to get to average. Massie personally has no chance of accomplishing that. Pray we never have to see Larsen.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I watch Massie at any given play and I literally want to fucking throw a shoe at him nearly every snap. Just fuckin nail him in the face with a cleat. Maybe that will wake him up.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Guise, guise, guise, didn't you hear Pace Almighty say that there weren't any QBs worth drafting when we picked in those rounds? Who are we to question his Holy Paceness?

the sad part is he is most likely going to witness first hand every QB that he thought was not worth it beat his team

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I watch Massie at any given play and I literally want to fucking throw a shoe at him nearly every snap. Just fuckin nail him in the face with a cleat. Maybe that will wake him up.

This is why we need to EXTEND Cutler. Only Cutler can J'Marcus Webb bully Massie into being slightly less than completely terrible!

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
This is why we need to EXTEND Cutler. Only Cutler can J'Marcus Webb bully Massie into being slightly less than completely terrible!

I'm thinking another 7 year/$126M deal would perfect! Cutty would be 46 in the final year of it.

Super Bowl!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

yourface.png

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Prescott has the best offensive line in the NFL, a very good run game, one great WR, a HoF Tight End (on the back side of his career, but still), plays in an atrocious division and hasn't thrown a TD yet.

Lets call the fuck down a bit, ok?

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Did you guys know Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th? Chew on that for awhile.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Did you guys know Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th? Chew on that for awhile.

yeah, ok, but he's had the same HC for his entire career, a HOF HC who will go down in history as one of the best ever. same could be said for Rodgers and the stability and great coaching he's been around.

as some of you know, i'm among the first to bash Cutler (can't stand the guy, to be honest), but i cannot help but imagine if he'd have been drafted by Belichick and spent his career surrounded by his staff and that winning culture. what if he'd gone to GB, carried a clipboard for a couple of years while learning from and backing up Farve before being handed the reigns? as poorly as Jay has done learning, growing and improving, it's not like he's had a golden situation around him in which to thrive (certainly not with coaching or GM's personnel, something both Brady and Rodgers have enjoyed and benefited from.

and lastly, can we quit friggin' blasting Pace? following Angelo/Lovie and Emery/Trestman, the cupboard was virtually bare. Ryan had - and has - more holes to fill than any franchise in the league. he HAD to believe that he could get 1-2 years of at least stable production from Cutty, to buy time to fill the unbelievable number of holes all throughout this shitty roster. had he picked a QB in the 3rd, 4th or after, that guy had virtually no chance of contributing in the next 1 or, more likely, 2 years anyway. he needed to fill in holes in hopes that these other guys (Whitehare, Hall, Bush, Kwit, Howard, etc) would contribute asap, something you are less likely to get from a QB in middle to later rounds.

basically, thanks to Angelo/Lovester and Emery/Trestman, he did not have the luxury of taking a QB. it was an approach/gamble he was pretty much forced to take. and for cryin' out loud, remember that Grasu (our starting C) tears his ACL, not one but two quality FA OL's up and retire before the season. i mean, WTF, people! what is the guy supposed to do?

it's going to take anyone, Pace or Parcels or Teddy friggin Wolf, years to recover from the absolutely terrible personnel management going back to Angelo's beginnings!

honestly, can folks STFU about the job Pace is doing?!

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Farve before being handed the reigns? as poorly as Jay has done learning, growing and improving, it's not like he's had a golden situation around him in which to thrive (certainly not with coaching or GM's personnel, something both Brady and Rodgers have enjoyed and benefited from

I think that is fair. Considering context is important for evaluating every player. It's also fair to question how much of a hand Cutler had in the dismissal of all those QB Coaches and Offensive Coordinators and Head Coaches. He has, metaphorically speaking, blood on his hands. His crummy play at inopportune times and his refusal/unwillingness to get along with his coaches has made stability impossible.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I think that is fair. Considering context is important for evaluating every player. It's also fair to question how much of a hand Cutler had in the dismissal of all those QB Coaches and Offensive Coordinators and Head Coaches. He has, metaphorically speaking, blood on his hands. His crummy play at inopportune times and his refusal/unwillingness to get along with his coaches has made stability impossible.

also good points. he's just never improved in chronic and glaringly obvious areas, like his footwork, his tendency to stare down 1 guy AND STILL THROW IT no matter how many defenders are there, hanging onto the ball too long, won't throw it away, has never once done a pump fake his entire career, yadda, yadda, yadda. if you get a stubborn and petulant little brat for your QB, why stick around?!

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That's the thing it may be a gamble but ya have to at least play to win.

Look at Trevor Siemien. When was he drafted, the 7th round? He is not Tom Brady, but he may end up having a better career than Cutler.

He's also in Kubiak's system. A good head coach with a good offensive system.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You have three picks in the 4th round. Selecting three busts would be pure incompetence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, apparently the verdict is in. Two weeks into the season, and 3 fourth rounders have been declared busts.

G'night folks. Drive safely!

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Look at Trevor Siemien. When was he drafted, the 7th round? He is not Tom Brady, but he may end up having a better career than Cutler.

Oh, for shit's sake! He was awful in college, is playing on a team with a great D, and has shown nothing to make one believe he's a starting QB in the NFL.

If he was on the bears, he'd be behind Hoyer. Is THAT what you wanted Pace to draft? Really?

Actually, he did. Last year. But we didn't have our QB leave in FA. (Unfortunately)

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Siemien is better than Hoyer and Barkley. I know this is a tired argument, but I'll still say Brissett has legit arm talent. If you scout full time for a living, can't you find a qb? Why is this so arcane for the Bears?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Trump32

Liked Posts:

It may be a little early for these comparisons. Jesus, he may get arrested tomorrow, naked and high on meth with a chopped up prostitute in his trunk for that matter. He has a .33 TD/Int rate to pair with his singular career touchdown. Spoiler alert: he sucks.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prescott has the best offensive line in the NFL, a very good run game, one great WR, a HoF Tight End (on the back side of his career, but still), plays in an atrocious division and hasn't thrown a TD yet.

Lets call the fuck down a bit, ok?

Yeah... no shit... He won't throw a TD until Sunday night! lol (knowing our luck)

So even though the Bears lost and the defense was dropping like flies, they only gave up 280 total yards... That's actually not too bad. Now we just need our Offense to wake up from its coma and score some points and the Bears can easily push themselves out of a top 5 pick...