Niners Forum-Bears have no chance whatsoever.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Best way to win is to win the turnover battle and time of possession. Gotta hope our OL comes up ready to battle this one out to the end, because I think we can put together a running attack and opportunistic passing game to make it interesting.

What I am worried about most is our defense. The 49ers seem ready to outperform us in every phase of the game. I just hope we can get a turnover or two in the first half and try and get a lead on Lance.
they could win virtually every game doing this. remember Nagy's first game against the Packers? just smashed their dicks in the first half. then he had to pretend he was clever and let the gameplan get away. new staff's emphasis on discipline may finally curb this problem. I don't know, should be interesting to watch.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
they could win virtually every game doing this. remember Nagy's first game against the Packers? just smashed their dicks in the first half. then he had to pretend he was clever and let the gameplan get away. new staff's emphasis on discipline may finally curb this problem. I don't know, should be interesting to watch.
In hindsight, Matt Nagy was waaaay too overconfident, in his Willy Wonka ways. And didn't take the time to seriously pull back, and take an objective look at his style, when flaws were causing the offense to continue to regress.

Looking back at it, Nick Foles warned us, when we knew the wheels were going to fall off. The Bears, did damage control, and tried to make it seem like the media was making something of nothing. I guess where there's smoke, there really is fire huh?

unknown.png

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The most compelling aspect of this game is Fields vs Lance.

Both have had a full offseason knowing they are the guy.

Shanahan told Fields he thinks Lance is better by passing on him. NFL is the best at playing to their own drama and story lines.

Can’t Wait!!! (Bart Scott voice)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best way to win is to win the turnover battle and time of possession. Gotta hope our OL comes up ready to battle this one out to the end, because I think we can put together a running attack and opportunistic passing game to make it interesting.

What I am worried about most is our defense. The 49ers seem ready to outperform us in every phase of the game. I just hope we can get a turnover or two in the first half and try and get a lead on Lance.
I'm pretty sure the 49ers will win the TOP with their ground game. We'll need those turnovers to help.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure the 49ers will win the TOP with their ground game. We'll need those turnovers to help.

when is last time bears won a shoot out? Like having to score 30-40 points???

hmmmmmmm
crickets.gif

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think they will too but the biggest weakness I’ve heard of the 9ners is there offensive line.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If we can get to Lance early and often, it will be like quick sand for him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It amazes me how football fans of nearly any team generally tend to over-state their team's strengths and understate their team's weaknesses. That trend couldn't be more apparent when reading one of the 49ers forums. They are pretty confident about their team and the talent differential between the two. As Shaun Gayle once asked about playing the Eagles said, "I guess we shouldn't bother even showing up".

I'm looking forward to a week from now.
I'd guess that 94.2% of the posters here, myself included, do the same thing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
RE: Trey Lance

Listening to the rumors going around about who wanted to draft him and who didn't want to draft him, I'm convinced that national media guys for some reason want to protect Kyle Shanahan. At the same time they are trying to do that, they are making him look really weak. Not sure if I remember a more odd rumor that has been floating around the NFL.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I read through it, and most of it seems pretty fair to me, although this made me laugh a little:

I'm so glad the narrative is what it is. Fans and media are all on the Bears nuts and down on the Niners

Lol, what?

Outside of that the narrative seems to be that the Bears got worse. I don't think so. I guess it looks that way on paper.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I read through it, and most of it seems pretty fair to me, although this made me laugh a little:

Lol, what?

Outside of that the narrative seems to be that the Bears got worse. I don't think so. I guess it looks that way on paper.
@Visionman found his newest team

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd guess that 94.2% of the posters here, myself included, do the same thing.
When you lose your best O and D players, have these questions on OL and pick up 7 (most) guys off the waiver wire...

The fan in me predicted 8-9 but it's a game high.?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Am I the only person who things the 49ers may be overrated? Don't get me wrong, I do not think the Bears are going to be good, but put pressure on Trey Lance and watch him fold. You could consider this his rookie campaign with his first start on the road. I think it will be closer than people are anticipating. Maybe that's me being a homer, but that's just my gut feeling

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only person who things the 49ers may be overrated? Don't get me wrong, I do not think the Bears are going to be good, but put pressure on Trey Lance and watch him fold. You could consider this his rookie campaign with his first start on the road. I think it will be closer than people are anticipating. Maybe that's me being a homer, but that's just my gut feeling

I would agree if the Bears still had Mack and Hicks. But the only one left is Quinn who everyone wanted to get rid of too, and the 49ers will game plan for him.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
They should be confident, every team this season will view the Bears as a win. Including the Texans. I really don't care about win/loss record this season, just compete with these guys and don't look like an unprepared shit show. That will be progress from the Nagy era.

All that said, I don't think the 49ers are unbeatable. We could put up a fight, Lance has the benefit of a better team and proven coaching staff, but Fields ultimately will be the better talent.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So here are a couple of things I found amusing, about that thread (and a little bit this one)
  • Bears fans in general rarely let a weakness in our team go unpunished, and this forum generally frowns upon anyone being too optimistic or positive, even if we have a reason to be optimistic or positive. If the offense is (finally) effective and moves the ball via the pass, we'll have people on here complaining about that. Don't throw the ball enough, people will complain about that. The only place more depressing to be than this forum after a loss is this forum after a win, when we have to hear about how could-have/should-have lost the game and there's no way we will win against (fill-in the blank here).
  • The narrative that the Bears played their starters while Cleveland didn't is not correct. Both teams held certain starters back on both sides of the ball, but people somehow have to come up with a reason why the Bears looked good in that game (though if I'm honest, I am concerned about the defensive line and cornerback depth).
  • Some Niners fans were predicting 3+ touchdown wins, because the Bears have "no talent", while ignoring weaknesses in their own offensive line and crossing their fingers on the 2nd year QB just like we are (even though I'll take ours over theirs 10 times out of 10- I just have a belief that QB1 is going to be one of the best ever if he doesn't get injured).
  • It took a couple of more objective posters to point out that the 49ers were losing to the Bears last year when they played well into the 3rd quarter, and it took some great plays by their receivers (and awful plays by our DBs) to even it out. And since there were injuries on their side, I think we should point out that David Montgomery didn't play on our side either
I am not delusional; the 49ers were in the NFC Championship game last year and that's not insignificant. That is a talented football team, and I'm not ignoring the fact that we picked up 6 guys who were waived by other teams. But this is a new year and this Bears team is a well-coached, disciplined, and exceptionally conditioned team. The Bears are explosive at wide-receiver. Yes, I said it. Darnell Mooney, Byron Pringle if 100 percent, VJ (also if 100 percent, unfortunately). Ebner is a lightning-rod in the short passing game and David Montgomery is also going to turn a short pass into a long gain.

Now what am I legitimately worried about?
  • Offensive line. Sure they're improving, but they're going against a playoff-caliber defensive line (beware #75) that is healthy and going to be bringing the fire.
  • Defensive line. If the Bears can't stop the 49ers run game, it's going to be a long day.
  • Defensive line x2. Will they be able to get an pressure at all on Lance? The 49ers have some serious weapons, and if the Bears can't get pressure, then the secondary is in for a tough day.

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should be confident, every team this season will view the Bears as a win. Including the Texans. I really don't care about win/loss record this season, just compete with these guys and don't look like an unprepared shit show. That will be progress from the Nagy era.

All that said, I don't think the 49ers are unbeatable. We could put up a fight, Lance has the benefit of a better team and proven coaching staff, but Fields ultimately will be the better talent.
Ironically I think the Texans may be one of the toughest early games we face. I'm calling that one now as an L.