Niners Forum-Bears have no chance whatsoever.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
The last year we stay close all the way till mid of 4 th quarter. It was with Nagi calling plays and no running game to speak of. It maybe different this time. Who knows..

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
It amazes me how football fans of nearly any team generally tend to over-state their team's strengths and understate their team's weaknesses. That trend couldn't be more apparent when reading one of the 49ers forums. They are pretty confident about their team and the talent differential between the two. As Shaun Gayle once asked about playing the Eagles said, "I guess we shouldn't bother even showing up".

I'm looking forward to a week from now.

So someone is talking smack in a team forum?

1662484267882.png

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The issue with the Bears is not that they don't have talent. Because that's what everyone is saying. It's that they have a bunch of unknowns. They're not bad, there are lots of question marks.

Those question marks will get revealed throughout the season, and it could definitely be revealed that they're bad.

Hopefully better coaching, better scheme, and better QB play will mask some of the bad. I don't fucking know. No one does. But fingers crossed.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the nagy offense could do nothing inside any kind of football arena, including but not limited to: NFL Stadiums, practice fields, indoor practice arenas, College Football Stadiums, Smaller D2 or D3 fields, High School Football Stadiums, Smaller High School Fields, Junior High School Football/Track Stadiums, Grammar School Gymnasiums, and large empty fields.

FIFY

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I kind of like how clean their forum is (the few pages I read anyway). No attacks and no cunting. Maybe I would tire of heavy moderation but for a little while it was refreshing.
Maybe they are all just adults that don't act like cunts.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Am I the only person who things the 49ers may be overrated? Don't get me wrong, I do not think the Bears are going to be good, but put pressure on Trey Lance and watch him fold. You could consider this his rookie campaign with his first start on the road. I think it will be closer than people are anticipating. Maybe that's me being a homer, but that's just my gut feeling

Nope- the cowboys overlooked them and played a shit game.
Rodgers in the playoffs in single digit weather is a mere mortal, and he is pretty much the whole team.

San fran is a beatable middle of the pack nfc team, lower middle of the pack league wide.

Those San fran board members are gonna be let down- the bears will give them a run for it and it will get ugly as the year goes on.
I would be surprised if they go 9-8 this year, even with 2 bye weeks vs. The seahawks.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trey Lance would have to turn the ball over like crazy, and Fields would have to be nearly flawless for the Bears to have a chance in this game. The difference in talent between the two teams is massive. The Bears have almost no margin for error.
You mean like last year when they lost in the last minute? I don’t get the niners hype

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I kind of like how clean their forum is (the few pages I read anyway). No attacks and no cunting. Maybe I would tire of heavy moderation but for a little while it was refreshing.
You pussy. :ROFLMAO:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There is a dude with 54,000 posts that said the Bears lost Fangio this offseason.

Dude really has his finger on the pulse of the NFL.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Niners may win but they're overrated, so fuck em

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
There is a dude with 54,000 posts that said the Bears lost Fangio this offseason.

Dude really has his finger on the pulse of the NFL.
Does he still think Jim Harbaugh is the Bears QB?

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So here are a couple of things I found amusing, about that thread (and a little bit this one)
  • Bears fans in general rarely let a weakness in our team go unpunished, and this forum generally frowns upon anyone being too optimistic or positive, even if we have a reason to be optimistic or positive. If the offense is (finally) effective and moves the ball via the pass, we'll have people on here complaining about that. Don't throw the ball enough, people will complain about that. The only place more depressing to be than this forum after a loss is this forum after a win, when we have to hear about how could-have/should-have lost the game and there's no way we will win against (fill-in the blank here).
  • The narrative that the Bears played their starters while Cleveland didn't is not correct. Both teams held certain starters back on both sides of the ball, but people somehow have to come up with a reason why the Bears looked good in that game (though if I'm honest, I am concerned about the defensive line and cornerback depth).
  • Some Niners fans were predicting 3+ touchdown wins, because the Bears have "no talent", while ignoring weaknesses in their own offensive line and crossing their fingers on the 2nd year QB just like we are (even though I'll take ours over theirs 10 times out of 10- I just have a belief that QB1 is going to be one of the best ever if he doesn't get injured).
  • It took a couple of more objective posters to point out that the 49ers were losing to the Bears last year when they played well into the 3rd quarter, and it took some great plays by their receivers (and awful plays by our DBs) to even it out. And since there were injuries on their side, I think we should point out that David Montgomery didn't play on our side either
I am not delusional; the 49ers were in the NFC Championship game last year and that's not insignificant. That is a talented football team, and I'm not ignoring the fact that we picked up 6 guys who were waived by other teams. But this is a new year and this Bears team is a well-coached, disciplined, and exceptionally conditioned team. The Bears are explosive at wide-receiver. Yes, I said it. Darnell Mooney, Byron Pringle if 100 percent, VJ (also if 100 percent, unfortunately). Ebner is a lightning-rod in the short passing game and David Montgomery is also going to turn a short pass into a long gain.

Now what am I legitimately worried about?
  • Offensive line. Sure they're improving, but they're going against a playoff-caliber defensive line (beware #75) that is healthy and going to be bringing the fire.
  • Defensive line. If the Bears can't stop the 49ers run game, it's going to be a long day.
  • Defensive line x2. Will they be able to get an pressure at all on Lance? The 49ers have some serious weapons, and if the Bears can't get pressure, then the secondary is in for a tough day.
Post of the year so far

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Lmao talk about fans over estimating their strengths and underestimating their weaknesses?

You mean like the fans on ccs underestimating weaknesses at OL and WR, and over estimating the strength of…. Well I’m not sure what this teams strength is besides not being coached by Matt nagy.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao talk about fans over estimating their strengths and underestimating their weaknesses?

You mean like the fans on ccs underestimating weaknesses at OL and WR, and over estimating the strength of…. Well I’m not sure what this teams strength is besides not being coached by Matt nagy.
Yeah, because no one has discussed the OL or WR weaknesses all off-season.

mecha

Liked Posts:
no shit up until maybe middle of preseason that's all that was talked about how they're the worst units ever assembled. like ever.

these people genuinely don't remember what atrocious football teams look like. I anticipate the 2022 Bears to be like the 2007-2009 Bears.

these people have been shitting blood at the prospect they'll be worse than the 1997-1999 Bears.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Yes it’s been discussed and people continued to say ‘poles did enough’ or seem to think they won’t be bad, yet all Poles has done since those thoughts were shared has been add more pieces to OL and WR … clearly weak groups, and the fans here underestimate it.

I’m hopeful it comes together by mid season, but you better believe it’s going to be a complete shit show week 1.