NL Wild Card Scoreboard Watching

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Braves continue their terrible play and about to lose yet another one to the Phillies. Catching the Phillies was a long shot, it is probably disappearing entirely with the Phillies' win today over the Braves.

The Twins continue to be one of the worst baseball teams that will make the playoffs that I've ever seen. Maybe the worst playoff team in the history of the sport in all honesty. This team is awful. Reds going to get an easy win vs this high school caliber Twins team today.

We need the Diamondbacks and Marlins to both lose today. If they both win, things start looking very grim for us.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting. If the Twins are the worst playoff team, ever. Where does that put the Cubs? Twins not only beat them two of three but kicked the shit out of them.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Interesting. If the Twins are the worst playoff team, ever. Where does that put the Cubs? Twins not only beat them two of three but kicked the shit out of them.
I believe they played when the Cubs were sinking to 10 games below .500.

In any event, the AL Central is 100 games under .500 against the rest of the MLB. The Twins are below .500 when you remove the Royals and White Sox games.

They will be one of the worst playoff teams to ever step foot in the playoffs by any metric you could imagine.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Phillies take a 2 run lead on the sliding Braves.

Twins come back and take a 2 run lead on the Reds.

Bad news, good news.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Mets take a 1-0 lead over the Marlins.

This would be a huge win if the Mets can somehow figure out a way to hold on.

MiguelGrande

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Purdue Boilermakers
I believe they played when the Cubs were sinking to 10 games below .500.

In any event, the AL Central is 100 games under .500 against the rest of the MLB. The Twins are below .500 when you remove the Royals and White Sox games.

They will be one of the worst playoff teams to ever step foot in the playoffs by any metric you could imagine.
The Cubs would be a sub .500 team if you take away games against the Pirates. I don't know if you are 12 or what, but you're making some ridiculous overstatements. With the Cubs bullpen, they aren't any better. One reliable bullpen arm and the bullpen is worn out.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Cubs would be a sub .500 team if you take away games against the Pirates. I don't know if you are 12 or what, but you're making some ridiculous overstatements. With the Cubs bullpen, they aren't any better. One reliable bullpen arm and the bullpen is worn out.
Good heads up first post. Last year the White Sox played nearly 100 games vs teams with losing records and finished at .500. It's more important how you play, than who you play.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats

That stat doesn’t carry the same weight because the Pirates are a .500 team if you remove the Cubs games.

The Cubs are obviously better than the Twins.

The Twins are only going to the playoffs because the AL Central is a shocking 100 games under .500 outside of the division.

By comparison, the NL Central is 2 games above .500 outside of the division.

Our division is mediocre. Their division is literally the worst since realignment by a wide margin.

So yeah. It’s not a stretch to say we are better than them. It’s a fact.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Good heads up first post. Last year the White Sox played nearly 100 games vs teams with losing records and finished at .500. It's more important how you play, than who you play.

Lol. The Twins are 9 games above .500 in the worst division in mlb history.

In any other division in baseball they’d be below .500. What you’re saying is just silly

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats

If you transport yourself to the AL Central and take the twins spot, you have 26 games against 100 loss teams (white Sox and royals) and your challenging games are teams that are 10 games under .500 despite getting to play the white so and royals 26 times (guardians and tigers)

Again, this is only obvious because this is the worst division in the history of the sport, literally.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Jeez some of y’all have some embarrassing thought process. Although I assume I’m talking to the same person on two accounts. It’s kind of obvious.

“Well yeah the Twins may have the easiest schedule in mlb history and a similar record somehow, but they beat the cubs 2 of 3 when the cubs were playing their worst baseball in May, so that settles it!”

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Could end up being a perfect day for the Cubs

Cubs win 6-0
Marlins down 16-0
Diamondbacks down 7-0
Reds trailing the pirates late by 1

Brewers have Woodruff and his sub 2 ERA tomorrow vs Marlins while Diamondbacks are pitching 7 ERA Zach Davies in Yankee Stadium.

There’s still some hope.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Could end up being a perfect day for the Cubs

Cubs win 6-0
Marlins down 16-0
Diamondbacks down 7-0
Reds trailing the pirates late by 1

Brewers have Woodruff and his sub 2 ERA tomorrow vs Marlins while Diamondbacks are pitching 7 ERA Zach Davies in Yankee Stadium.

There’s still some hope.
And the cubs play the Rockies. I’m not following why you think the situation is so dire. They are 1 game up at this point with what 8 to go?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
And the cubs play the Rockies. I’m not following why you think the situation is so dire. They are 1 game up at this point with what 8 to go?

They lose all the tiebreakers and have to play the Braves and brewers on the road. Sweeping the Rockies is probably required.

Maybe the Braves and brewers will be checked out and resting players for the playoffs but brewers just throttled Miami 16-1 and that Braves lineup is insane.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats

It’s all relative I guess. After the game on September 11th, they were 88% to make the playoffs.

Now they’re 54%.

54% would sound amazing if they were 12% to make the playoffs on September 11th.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Stroman humiliating himself out there vs this lineup?

Oh joy, we get to watch this midget cancer suck for $25,000,000 a year next year as well.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Stroman humiliating himself out there vs this lineup?

Oh joy, we get to watch this midget cancer suck for $25,000,000 a year next year as well.

Cancer? I think you need to actually understand what that word means
ufpltwigg02a2gndtzcu.jpg

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Cancer? I think you need to actually understand what that word means
View attachment 31307

He was a member of the Jays and caused clubhouse problems. He was a member of the Mets and caused clubhouse problem.

2-2 so far in terms of franchises he’s caused clubhouse problems.

What are you even talking about?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He was a member of the Jays and caused clubhouse problems. He was a member of the Mets and caused clubhouse problem.

2-2 so far in terms of franchises he’s caused clubhouse problems.

What are you even talking about?
I think the Mets had clubhouse problems before he was there, and after he was gone so maybe just maybe he is not the guy we should be singling out.