No rookie QB has been supported the way the Bears are supporting Caleb Williams

Washington

Liked Posts:
CW is going to be running for his life the way JF did unless the returning players on the OL make HUGE strides and stay healthy. The only difference in the OL from last year to this year is a marginal upgrade at C. The team won't win a SB with that OL as it stands today. I continue to hope that Alt falls to 9 and Poles jumps at the chance to really upgrade the line. I feel pretty dang confident Alt won't fall to 9 though.

Canth

Liked Posts:
CW is going to be running for his life the way JF did unless the returning players on the OL make HUGE strides and stay healthy. The only difference in the OL from last year to this year is a marginal upgrade at C. The team won't win a SB with that OL as it stands today. I continue to hope that Alt falls to 9 and Poles jumps at the chance to really upgrade the line. I feel pretty dang confident Alt won't fall to 9 though.

I think teams should always be looking for ways to improve their OL.

Now, having said that...I think this Bears OL can be at least serviceable. I think you pair that with a QB that plays within the timing of a play and is able and willing to step up in the pocket and you are going to see a more functional offense.

I am sure there will be breakdowns in protection at times, happens to every team and every OL. But, don't underestimate how much a difference just being able to play within the timing of the play will make everyone look better.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
lots of hyperbole, little substance. Left yourself room to critique the pick if he is not generational and they don't make the playoffs for the next 10-15 years. slop basically.

Edit: It's the one thing I see with supposed sports writers on the site. No critical thinking. Just clickbait titles and piggybacking off the work of others...most of the time twitter wanna be writers as well. If any of you want to be true writers, you don't need breaking news, you need good insight, good analysis, and good storytelling.
Two out of three wouldn't be bad. I would take good storytelling with better grammar that brings other people's good analysis to my attention. But yes, this article doesn't really give anyone much to talk about.

I would like to point out a factual error: The article states that "No team in the history of the NFL has supported a rookie QB by adding two pass catchers who had over 1,200 yards receiving the prior year" and that Chicago is the first to do so. Chicago only added one 1,200 yarder this year; the added DJM last year. Maybe the writer misspoke, because maybe the Bears are the first team who signed such a high performing WR in the same year they drafted a QB. I do not know offhand. That being said, the writer misquotes the tweet cited - Courtney Cronin stated that "Per @ESPNStatsInfo , there has never been a QB selected in the top five in NFL draft history to play their rookie season with multiple players who had at least 1,200 receiving yards in their previous NFL season (Moore: 1,364 yards // Allen: 1,243 yards in 2023)."

I am fine with speculation - there is nothing wrong with saying something like "if the Bears draft a WR at 9, they would be making a move to turn around the nature of offensive ball in Chicago." I would like to see some analysis here. Which WRs that could be taken in the first round has Chicago met with? Are there any mid-round prospects that would make a splash as a role player? This is actually where the writer could be giving us a lot to talk about with substance.

The concluding paragraph is just sloppy and could use the red pen - I think the writer could say just as much in half as many words and it would look a bit more professional. Something like "Ryan Poles is lining up to change the future fortune of the Chicago Bears in a way nobody else has for their team in history. The next decade or more should be exciting for Bears fans." Half as many words, and far better grammar.

Last edited:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
This one still makes me laugh.

Nico Collins had never caught more than 500 yards and ended up a 1200 yard WR.

Tank was a 3rd round pick.

Schultz is decent but not all world.

Noah Brown is a 500 yard guy.

They had some depth. But to act like this team was stacked heading into the season is funny.
They were also the 2nd worst team in the entire league. Maybe even the worst lol

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, there were a lot of comments made that their trade up for Anderson including their 2024 1st round pick was giving away a top 5 pick to Arizona.
I'd like to point out I thought Houston would be the 2nd best team in their division behind Jacksonville. I said that last may I believe (documented in my post history). So there were some who realized they were a decent roster and if stroud was competent they'd be good. I just overestimated Jacksonville thinking they'd be better.

Post in thread '**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!' **OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

They had some depth. But to act like this team was stacked heading into the season is funny.
To be fair, David Mills, Kyle Allen, and Jeff Driskel are not even close to CJ Stroud. Stroud had the play to get Collins to that point and others as well. He still put up almost 500 yards with just 37 catches in 2022. That’s good for just 37 catches. And that’s with them lame duck QBs at helm.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Most od the morons who thought the Texans were stacked on offense also thought RB1 was a top 5-10-15 qb who just needed similar weapons.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You're assuming that at some point I lost my right to post articles...

Your right?

Show me the CCS constitution and then show me where you have rights.

Today's generation is entitled and I am disgusted.

Weak minded, terribly written drivel.

Do better.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Your right?

Show me the CCS constitution and then show me where you have rights.

Today's generation is entitled and I am disgusted.

Weak minded, terribly written drivel.

Do better.
Settle down Boomer go back to watching Newsmax.

Entitlement started with your generation deciding it could skip out on going to fight in Vietnam by using draft deferments. Oh sorry I'm in college I can't be drafted into the Armed Forces. Oh I have bone spurs I can't join the military.

Entitlement indeed.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Entitlement started with your generation deciding it could skip out on going to fight in Vietnam by using draft deferments. Oh sorry I'm in college I can't be drafted into the Armed Forces. Oh I have bone spurs I can't join the military.

Entitlement indeed.

None of the above hokum is related to me in any way.

Your absence of proper punctuation further proves my original thoughts on your lack of journalistic proficiency.

Please put down the Taki's brand corn chips, dust your engorged dick beaters off and open a book.

Keep your Bears thoughts to yourself or learn how to spread them to the masses in a more engaging and entertaining fashion.

Fatty fat fuck

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Entitlement indeed.
Since you have enough time to shoot back and forth about not-football... Can you please fix your article, so that you are accurately representing the tweet that is the foundation of your article?

I am pretty sure that is why you wanted to post your work.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Agree. It's nearly the OPPOSITE approach to Fields. I'm stoked.
Fields has his chance last year. His team was perfect but he had enough around him. He just didn’t develop as a passer and is now a backup

"His team was perfect but he had enough around him."
-mbison

You're kiddin' right? JF got a decent wr for the first time last yr. in Moore, who has his best season.
The OL didn't have a Center. And of course, getsy's play design and play calling was dismal.
getsy's lack of experience doomed JF and the offensive. All this is true

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They were also the 2nd worst team in the entire league. Maybe even the worst lol
I don’t want to interrupt the victory lap but you should see the difference in the texans roster before and after Stroud was there. It’s almost like they tried to improve it

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Doesn't Poles realize this isn't how you evaluate or develop a rookie QB? You're supposed to give them no oline, no WRs and if they can elevate the team around them then they can be a star.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Doesn't Poles realize this isn't how you evaluate or develop a rookie QB? You're supposed to give them no oline, no WRs and if they can elevate the team around them then they can be a star.
He does. He did it with Fields

• Haha
Reactions: Myk