Now for some bad news

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
I didn't want to post this in the Cutler contract thread because it is a bit of a downer.

Matt Forte's contract ends after the 2015 season.

With everything going on with the Bears this season and hopefully new changes coming this off season there is a chance next season will be the last one we see Matt Forte in a Bears jersey. I will still root for Forte if he and Bears can not reach terms that allows him to retire as a Bears, so long as he does not sign with the Packers.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I am actually in the trade Forte camp this offseason if we can get high value. The dropoff is coming, get the trade now, that's what a good team would do. Bears? He will be on the sidelines as a salty injured "players coach" at age 35.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
You're not going to get any value in a trade for Forte.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am actually in the trade Forte camp this offseason if we can get high value. The dropoff is coming, get the trade now, that's what a good team would do. Bears? He will be on the sidelines as a salty injured "players coach" at age 35.

Nobody will trade for Forte.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
Nobody will trade for Forte.

While I don't want to see Forte traded, I also do not believe there is no market for him. Teams that are close to winning the SB, like the Patriots, would love to have a back like Forte. But there are a couple of problems. As DB6 stated the Bears wouldn't get much in return, would you really want to trade Forte for maybe a 5th round pick? more likely a 6th or 7th. Second would be Forte. He want's to be the man, he wants to be the only ball carrier on the team. I personally think it is short sighted of him but I can't argue the results he provides on the field. Currently most teams in the SB hunt are back by committee and the ones that are not wouldn't be interested in his services.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No. Not this off season. First of all, whenever teams trade veteran players they do not get value back. It is by and large a salary dump. The salary dump needs to be Cutler and Allen. Get what you can for them even if you have to eat some salary. Besides, until the tea leaves reveal what, if anything, is going to happen with Emery and his coaching staff, trading Forte is really a pipe dream. Besides, Forte is one of the few players who refuse to quit and is a professional.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I don't want to see Forte traded, I also do not believe there is no market for him. Teams that are close to winning the SB, like the Patriots, would love to have a back like Forte. But there are a couple of problems. As DB6 stated the Bears wouldn't get much in return, would you really want to trade Forte for maybe a 5th round pick? more likely a 6th or 7th. Second would be Forte. He want's to be the man, he wants to be the only ball carrier on the team. I personally think it is short sighted of him but I can't argue the results he provides on the field. Currently most teams in the SB hunt are back by committee and the ones that are not wouldn't be interested in his services.

Late round maybe. But not a 2nd rounder as suggested. Teams don't even want to waste their 2nd round pick on the best RB in the draft these days. Forte is worth pretty much nothing.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No. Not this off season. First of all, whenever teams trade veteran players they do not get value back. It is by and large a salary dump. The salary dump needs to be Cutler and Allen. Get what you can for them even if you have to eat some salary. Besides, until the tea leaves reveal what, if anything, is going to happen with Emery and his coaching staff, trading Forte is really a pipe dream. Besides, Forte is one of the few players who refuse to quit and is a professional.

That is why they won't trade him, he is their best player and probably for 2-3 more years.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Late round maybe. But not a 2nd rounder as suggested. Teams don't even want to waste their 2nd round pick on the best RB in the draft these days. Forte is worth pretty much nothing.

By that logic, every RB in today's NFL is worthless.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be honest... if he was willing to take a team friendly deal for two or three more years... I'd rather take the risk on Forte's body. There are too many other issues with this team and as long as the young fresh back is his back up, keep him there and try to fix the other gapping holes... need more talented LB's.. Need more talented everything on defense... and we need a new DC... but this has been hammered home. I just feel that Forte could have worth keeping as the starter until 2017

Mitchapalooza

How can someone suggest trading our best offensive player?

mecha

Liked Posts:
How can someone suggest trading our best offensive player?

it is a silly concept is it not? I mean, why not trade Kyle Long while we're at it? blow out Marshall for two 4ths, and Jeffery for like...... a 4th too. call it a day.

NUKE IT ALL

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler gets a raise.

Forte gets traded for a 3rd or whatever.

Yep. Recipe for success right there. Bear down chicago Raiguaraneers.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bears.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey fuckhead phil you were bitching about old threads.