Now for some bad news

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
How can someone suggest trading our best offensive player?

Would you rather keep him for a mediocre season, and either pay him too much, or let him walk for nothing? That's bad team management. You have to explore what the return would be, but if some team would give us a 2 for him, I'd jump on it.

Mitchapalooza

Would you rather keep him for a mediocre season, and either pay him too much, or let him walk for nothing? That's bad team management. You have to explore what the return would be, but if some team would give us a 2 for him, I'd jump on it.
No ones giving a 2nd for forte.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Forte should play out 2015.

He should then be allowed to walk.

You don't pay 31 year old RBs.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What frickin fantasy world do you people live in where you think someone would give up a high pick for Forte? Other than that Special person Richardson trade, when was the last time someone gave up a decent pick for a RB -- more or less one that is rapidly approaching the downside of his career?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am actually in the trade Forte camp this offseason if we can get high value. The dropoff is coming, get the trade now, that's what a good team would do. Bears? He will be on the sidelines as a salty injured "players coach" at age 35.

Nobody is trading for running backs his age. RB is less vital than in the past, and there are some good ones in the draft. Forte is far more valuable to the Bears than what they could get in return.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
It just makes sense for Forte to play out this year. He's worth far more to us on the team than the pick we could get for him, and who would we use the cap space on now? He has plenty of incentive to play well too, this year could set him up for a nice final pay day if he continues to produce. Plus I just like the guy and would enjoy having him a around for another year! If we do want to build this team around good character then Matt Forte is ideal to keep around. He's a great pro.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not just trading for him, a team would have to pay him over 8 million with his roster bonus. Matt's cap # this year is over $9m,:dunno: only behind Peterson for a team's active roster. McCoy and Lynch deals are actually worth more but not on this years cap. As much as I like Forte, it seems like a lot and will male his trade value almost nil as only one mil of that is original signing bonus.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Forte hasn't won any superbowls, nobody will trade for him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nobody will trade for him because nobody's giving up anything for a 29 year old rb with a ton a millage on him who is going to be a FA next year anyway.

Fisch how do you get away with spamming the board with old thread bumps this much without getting banned?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Forte should play out 2015.

He should then be allowed to walk.

You don't pay 31 year old RBs.

Really? Were you aware that DeAngelo Williams and Frank Gore just got new contracts. I think Forte has had a smaller career workload than both of them. But Matt is the old and broken down one. Ridiculous.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Really? Were you aware that DeAngelo Williams and Frank Gore just got new contracts. I think Forte has had a smaller career workload than both of them. But Matt is the old and broken down one. Ridiculous.

Who cares if they got paid? How does that affect the Bears? Time will tell it those are good deals or not. But NFL history tells us most running backs see a severe decline in their 30s. That's just a fact.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I believe this is Forte's last year in Chicago. I think the Bears let him walk, someone will sign him as a FA next offseason, which hopefully the Bears will start playing in the compensation pick pool. If Forte stays healthy this year, I could see a playoff team making a run at him next offseason. It could workout for the Bears to get a decent comp pick in the 2017 draft.

TheDane

Liked Posts:

Yes, Williams and Gore got new contracts, but it's not like they got big time contracts. Gore got around 4 million per year, and even that seems like a bit much for a soon to be 32-year old back with almost 3,000 career touches. But hey, Colts was also the team that traded a 1st for Trent Richardson, so it's obvious they're having a tough time knowing what to do with RB's.

I could see some kind of Urlacher-scenario playing out with Forte next year, where Forte believes he's earned a semi-big contract because of his borderline legend-status with us, but Pace refusing to give him one, because of his wear and tear.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, Williams and Gore got new contracts, but it's not like they got big time contracts. Gore got around 4 million per year, and even that seems like a bit much for a soon to be 32-year old back with almost 3,000 career touches. But hey, Colts was also the team that traded a 1st for Trent Richardson, so it's obvious they're having a tough time knowing what to do with RB's.

I could see some kind of Urlacher-scenario playing out with Forte next year, where Forte believes he's earned a semi-big contract because of his borderline legend-status with us, but Pace refusing to give him one, because of his wear and tear.

I'd hope we draft a good young running back and sign Forte to a short age appropriate deal next year. But I think Forte won't accept that and we'll have to cut ties.

AussieBear

If Forte hits the market next year, he seems like a back the pats would love to have.

hell Kevin Faulk played sparingly until he was 35 as that 3rd down back in NE. But his last real productive year was at 33 years old when he still played in 15 games.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
If Forte hits the market next year, he seems like a back the pats would love to have.

hell Kevin Faulk played sparingly until he was 35 as that 3rd down back in NE. But his last real productive year was at 33 years old when he still played in 15 games.

Yup! That Pats would love to pick up Forte...especially after allowing Shane Vereen to walk.

Forte plays out his contract this year......and "auditions" for his next contract......we shall see what this incentive does....if he turns into the best RB on the planet.....we can extend him. But.....you do not trade away you bread and butter RB when you've just put a leash your "unreliable" QB and will now run the ball significantly more. Carey ain't that guy who gets 20 touches a game...