Now that Pace got Bears Khalil Herbert, is Cohen going to get traded?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I would like to see Cohen play the slot some more, although am worried he'd get plastered eventually and back in IR.
If we're worried about a guy getting hurt for some other reason than a freak injury then he probably shouldn't be playing in the first place. That's also why it's important to draft well and find guys in the later rounds that can play a little bit.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Not just Cohen, Montgomery officially put on notice. I mean when Pace drafts a RB in the 6th, how could you doubt it??? I bet Pace didn’t even tell David he was thinking about drafting a RB like he told Dalton who’s been with the team for literally a few weeks..

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace is sick with the late rounders. I wouldn't be shocked to see Herbert become the most popular Herbert in the NFL.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not just Cohen, Montgomery officially put on notice. I mean when Pace drafts a RB in the 6th, how could you doubt it??? I bet Pace didn’t even tell David he was thinking about drafting a RB like he told Dalton who’s been with the team for literally a few weeks..

not crazy to think that Damien Williams would outperform Monty either

?‍♂️

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not just Cohen, Montgomery officially put on notice. I mean when Pace drafts a RB in the 6th, how could you doubt it??? I bet Pace didn’t even tell David he was thinking about drafting a RB.

That's the thing. I don't think Pace even looks at RBs in a draft class anymore if they have higher grades then a 6th. Monty better come correct come camp.

Liked Posts:
If we're worried about a guy getting hurt for some other reason than a freak injury then he probably shouldn't be playing in the first place. That's also why it's important to draft well and find guys in the later rounds that can play a little bit.
Certain positions are more demanding than others and therefore riskier for certain body types. My comment was in regards to him playing slot. I don't have big concerns with Cohen being a 3rd down back. If he's running down the middle to catch a pass on the other hand, that's another story.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Khalil Herbert is much more Jordan Howard than he is Tarik Cohen. OP would be wise to watch a little football before he starts threads.

Bust

Liked Posts:
False. Keep him

Unreal how bad that Bucs Defense looked just 2 years ago. That was the 5 TD game from Mitch and Cohen was smoking their defense all day. The score was 38-3 at one point, lol.

Just goes to show how fast things can change in the NFL with a good draft and hitting on impact free agents > Shaq Barrett.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Certain positions are more demanding than others and therefore riskier for certain body types. My comment was in regards to him playing slot. I don't have big concerns with Cohen being a 3rd down back. If he's running down the middle to catch a pass on the other hand, that's another story.
If that's the case then I don't really want him. Montgomery and Williams can both catch the ball while simultaneously being much more a threat to run the ball and being better blockers in a 3rd and long. Cohen's presence on the field almost automatically signals a pass so you lose a little bit of the advantage in scheming. So basically we're relegated to using Cohen in 3rd and long situations while still searching for slot receiver if Miller can't get his shit together. What's the point in having him on the roster?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'm not talking about the actual play he got injured on.

Please tell me you noticed him running up the middle more early on last season...

We all did. But you said that's the reason he got hurt.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If that's the case then I don't really want him. Montgomery and Williams can both catch the ball while simultaneously being much more a threat to run the ball and being better blockers in a 3rd and long. Cohen's presence on the field almost automatically signals a pass so you lose a little bit of the advantage in scheming. So basically we're relegated to using Cohen in 3rd and long situations while still searching for slot receiver if Miller can't get his shit together. What's the point in having him on the roster?

I would agree with this except the bolded. It's not possible for two RBs to simultaneously catch the ball AND be a thread to run it. They could both in theory catch a pass together, but too awkward for two guys to carry the same ball and make any yardage after the catch.

I'd stick with having only one of them catch the ball and make a play, and take turns with it. But that's just me.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Cohen tried to man up and run north & south and he got hurt.

I do not care for Cohen - but I have to give him props for the effort he displayed before he got hurt.

How many posters on here would take this as you saying Cohen got hurt by running north and south? My guess is all of them. It's pretty pathetic you say something like this and try to spin it. Learn how to phrase shit if that's not what you meant.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many posters on here would take this as you saying Cohen got hurt by running north and south? My guess is all of them. It's pretty pathetic you say something like this and try to spin it. Learn how to phrase shit if that's not what you meant.
Okay you got me.

I thought he got hurt running north & south and he didn't.

Great catch. Now what?

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Unreal how bad that Bucs Defense looked just 2 years ago. That was the 5 TD game from Mitch and Cohen was smoking their defense all day. The score was 38-3 at one point, lol.

Just goes to show how fast things can change in the NFL with a good draft and hitting on impact free agents > Shaq Barrett.
And getting tom Brady helps.. lol

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I would agree with this except the bolded. It's not possible for two RBs to simultaneously catch the ball AND be a thread to run it. They could both in theory catch a pass together, but too awkward for two guys to carry the same ball and make any yardage after the catch.

I'd stick with having only one of them catch the ball and make a play, and take turns with it. But that's just me.
I meant that whichever would be on the field at the time is still a dual threat, but I think you knew that. ?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Khalil Herbert is much more Jordan Howard than he is Tarik Cohen. OP would be wise to watch a little football before he starts threads.
What tape have you been watching? If you'd join the CCS Premium Discord server, I could show you my tape analysis. I'd say Herbert is a hybrid of J.Howa and T.Cone.

But, he is nothing like J.Howa in all honesty.