Of the 9 named HC candidates is there anyone you'd hate?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I don’t really like anyone. But nobody fn knows. Nagy was a huge name and get in 2018

?

QFT

I remember once blasting Pace for not drafting Gurley or Randy Gregory in place of Kevin White.

I was told that I was only working in hindsight - which of course is true - and White was "consensus value at that pick".

Now I don't care that I'm just a scrub and can ONLY look in hindsight. Is what it is. If I had scouting and GM abilities, I'd go work for peanuts and work my way up in any NFL organization.

But that "consensus value for that slot" struck me hard as odd.

I truly think that IS how George and Teddy operate. Which means I think they are wholly susceptible to press and media stories.

eg, if Belichick had retired after 2017 and Nagy was out there, I don't think for a second, Kraft and the NE Patriots would have fallen for Nagy's press and charm and salesmanship in interviews.

I think they would have wanted Mike Vrabel and the Titans would have been out of luck.

I may be wrong but I don't think I am.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
QFT

I remember once blasting Pace for not drafting Gurley or Randy Gregory in place of Kevin White.

I was told that I was only working in hindsight - which of course is true - and White was "consensus value at that pick".

Now I don't care that I'm just a scrub and can ONLY look in hindsight. Is what it is. If I had scouting and GM abilities, I'd go work for peanuts and work my way up in any NFL organization.

I truly think that IS how George and Teddy operate. Which means I think they are wholly susceptible to press and media stories.

eg, if Belichick had retired after 2017 and Nagy was out there, I don't think for a second, Kraft and the NE Patriots would have fallen for Nagy's press and charm and salesmanship in interviews.

I think they would have wanted Mike Vrabel and the Titans would have been out of luck.

I think i took a break from CCS during that time. Someone say White, a project WR, as value at #7 overall? Let me guess, a poster from VA?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
QFT

This makes me wonder and it would be cool to know if hires got any other offers. I don’t remember what teams were hiring coaches when nagy was hired but it’d be cool to know what other teams wanted him.

the dude can talk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m getting a bit leery of Roman. His offense seems a bit gimmicky…
Ok, Peyton Manning for OC and Fangio for DC, Dave Toub is head coach. Deal.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m getting a bit leery of Roman. His offense seems a bit gimmicky…
Gimmicks in the NFL dont last for long. Greg Roman offenses have been top 12 in scoring 7 of 9 seasons on 3 different teams. All of this while having the "predictable" label.

His QBs tend to be near the top in intended air yards. Heavy PA. Sound like something that could work with a certain QB we know? They just dont pass the shit out of the ball, which seems to be an issue with people even though they still score points.

Lamar Jackson was first in the NFL in TD passes in 2019 while being 26th in passing attempts.
I repeat, Lamar Jackson, a guy who is limited as a passer, finished first in the NFL in TD passes while being 26th in passing attempts. That is efficient offense.

Sign me up for gimmicks. Or we can go with Daboll, a guy with a history of bad offenses until Josh Allen turned into an MVP candidate. A guy i saw in person throw the ball 30+ times in 25MPH blistering winds in a one score game. Mac Jones won that game throwing 3 passes.

Rise

Liked Posts:
All these candidates suck besides Harbaugh. Huge warts on all of them. Maybe the colts DC, because I haven’t heard anything bad about him and he could install a similar offense.

You want Flores? He is crazy and makes everyone cry.
Daboll? Sucked his whole career until Allen
Quinn? No Kyle is horrible ever since
Mcadaniels? Another lunatic loves Tebow
Frazier? Couldn’t win with ap, boring zzz
Leftwich or Bienemy or hacket? Do their hof qb come with them?

Am I missing anyone?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Gimmicks in the NFL dont last for long. Greg Roman offenses have been top 12 in scoring 7 of 9 seasons on 3 different teams. All of this while having the "predictable" label.

His QBs tend to be near the top in intended air yards. Heavy PA. Sound like something that could work with a certain QB we know? They just dont pass the shit out of the ball, which seems to be an issue with people even though they still score points.

Lamar Jackson was first in the NFL in TD passes in 2019 while being 26th in passing attempts.
I repeat, Lamar Jackson, a guy who is limited as a passer, finished first in the NFL in TD passes while being 26th in passing attempts. That is efficient offense.

Sign me up for gimmicks. Or we can go with Daboll, a guy with a history of bad offenses until Josh Allen turned into an MVP candidate. A guy i saw in person throw the ball 30+ times in 25MPH blistering winds in a one score game. Mac Jones won that game throwing 3 passes.
Roman's scheme seems to fit the mold of what the Bears should be striving towards. A power running game, viable TE in the passing game, and competent WR corps. Can he facilitate the locker room is my only question.

But he's less gimmicky than Daboll or Seth MacFarlane's twin brother

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Roman's scheme seems to fit the mold of what the Bears should be striving towards. A power running game, viable TE in the passing game, and competent WR corps. Can he facilitate the locker room is my only question.

But he's less gimmicky than Daboll or Seth MacFarlane's twin brother
Isn't that the question with everyone who lacks HC experience? Only one way to find out. The thing that is encouraging for me is that he has worked until two HCs who are good at that in John and Jim Harbaugh. The fact that he got fired along with Jims entire staff and still ended up later working with his brother says a lot about him imo. I doubt Jim would recommend him to his brother if he didn't believe in him. I know that's as an OC but it still feels significant to me from a standpoint of him being a quality coach. I feel like he could put together a good staff.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Isn't that the question with everyone who lacks HC experience? Only one way to find out. The thing that is encouraging for me is that he has worked until two HCs who are good at that in John and Jim Harbaugh. The fact that he got fired along with Jims entire staff and still ended up later working with his brother says a lot about him imo. I doubt Jim would recommend him to his brother if he didn't believe in him. I know that's as an OC but it still feels significant to me from a standpoint of him being a quality coach. I feel like he could put together a good staff.
He definitely has a proven track record of success in this league. He's been on my top list since last year...when I thought the Bears would do an unBearlike thing and fire Nagy after they lost to NO.

In addition to the Harbaughs, he's worked under some good coaches in his time in the NFL, Capers was pretty good in Carolina(not to mention a great DC), Seifert was ok in Caolina(Walsh successor), and Billick.