Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
missed out on the past few weeks of inside info, my question is, why was Jenkins being subbed in and out of the previous games for Lucas?

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
I like it. I do wonder if Flus and the staff messed up making Teven RG. He's been dynamite so you wouldn't call it a mistake too much, but feels like he would be a dominant RT too at a harder position to fill. Borom and Braxton I just don't have confidence have the toolset to ever be permanent starters there, even less so Borom.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Glad they are trying something, but I'm still expecting heavy pressure up the middle lol

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
My guess is to get Patrick into game shape., have no idea though.
Weird how it had to be Jenkins every time, couldnt rotate him in for Whitehair? Or even Mustipher himself in the 1-2 game window where Patrick was snapping in practice but before Cody got injured. So strange!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
odd, isn't the center position the least workload besides for snapping the ball?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Weird how it had to be Jenkins every time, couldnt rotate him in for Whitehair? Or even Mustipher himself in the 1-2 game window where Patrick was snapping in practice but before Cody got injured. So strange!
Cody and Musty earned it in Wed practices bro.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

odd, isn't the center position the least workload besides for snapping the ball?

forgot to mention...
Coach Eberfuck allowed snaps to be taken away from Jenkins, a guy whom didn't even get to play last season. How does that makes sense to anyone? Poles just really trying to fuck over the team/Fields with BS Jenkins trade leaks?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shuffling your OLine like a deck of cards each week, or even each play, has a long track record of success in the NFL.

So many of your ELITE teams will consistently rotate OLine to keep up a regular level of entropy in that huddle.

I would actually expect to see Eberflus switch this up to an OLine that works much more like lines/pairings during a hockey game.

The way this would work is you do pairings of the OTs, and then groups of 3 for each "line", and you rotate new guys in on every single play.

The objective, as we all know, is to have an OLine with so much entropy that they have no clue what the snap count is, nor perhaps even what play has been called.

In the end this is a net benefit to the Bears, as they tend to find success when the opponent cannot guess the play because the Bears OLine has no idea what it even is.

This kind of football genius is only seen once every 3-4 years in Chicago.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The amount of people on Bears twitter doing cartwheels over this change is hilarious to me. Sure, you got rid of Mustipher, who's probably the worst OL they had starting. But you still have Patrick moving to C, who's been bad at guard (and IIRC graded out better at guard in Green Bay). And you have Jones still at LT, who has struggled for like 3 weeks now and been bad overall. And you're throwing in Schofield, who lost the starting RG job to a guy that never played the position because he looked so bad in preseason. So, you're still going from 3 bad OL to 3 bad OL. Marginal upgrade at best.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Shuffling your OLine like a deck of cards each week, or even each play, has a long track record of success in the NFL.

So many of your ELITE teams will consistently rotate OLine to keep up a regular level of entropy in that huddle.

I would actually expect to see Eberflus switch this up to an OLine that works much more like lines/pairings during a hockey game.

The way this would work is you do pairings of the OTs, and then groups of 3 for each "line", and you rotate new guys in on every single play.

The objective, as we all know, is to have an OLine with so much entropy that they have no clue what the snap count is, nor perhaps even what play has been called.

In the end this is a net benefit to the Bears, as they tend to find success when the opponent cannot guess the play because the Bears OLine has no idea what it even is.

This kind of football genius is only seen once every 3-4 years in Chicago.
entropy...
all that randomness would possibly backfire, right? Which teams succeed with this formula?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The amount of people on Bears twitter doing cartwheels over this change is hilarious to me. Sure, you got rid of Mustipher, who's probably the worst OL they had starting. But you still have Patrick moving to C, who's been bad at guard (and IIRC graded out better at guard in Green Bay). And you have Jones still at LT, who has struggled for like 3 weeks now and been bad overall. And you're throwing in Schofield, who lost the starting RG job to a guy that never played the position because he looked so bad in preseason. So, you're still going from 3 bad OL to 3 bad OL. Marginal upgrade at best.

No dude… this solves ALL the problems now.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Fun fact, when Mustipher doesn't start tonight, it will end his streak as the Chicago Bear with the most consecutive starts for the team at 30! Arguably the worst player at his position in the league and a bottom 10 player on the roster has started more games than anyone.

*** This does include playoffs, as he started the 2020 Saints playoff game and Roquan was hurt, or else Roquan would have the most starts in a row***