**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
No, this is the time to not fuck up and add some premium talent.
How did Solomon Thomas work out for the 49ers? It doesnt appear Will Anderson is a generational player- to the point that an extra 2nd round pick is the "premium" talent I'm looking for. A 1st round pick when you dont need a QB is worth SO MUCH more. A high first round pick this year, a 1st round next year. Two 2nd round picks and probly a 3rd. If Poles cant do more with that than one premium player like Will Anderson for the Bears.. then we arent going anywhere anyways. We need OT, DT, WR, LB.. Id much rather have high four high 1st and 2nd round picks than taking a supposed shot at a "premium" talent with a 50% success rate.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How did Solomon Thomas work out for the 49ers? It doesnt appear Will Anderson is a generational player- to the point that an extra 2nd round pick is the "premium" talent I'm looking for. A 1st round pick when you dont need a QB is worth SO MUCH more. A high first round pick this year, a 1st round next year. Two 2nd round picks and probly a 3rd. If Poles cant do more with that than one premium player like Will Anderson for the Bears.. then we arent going anywhere anyways. We need OT, DT, WR, LB.. Id much rather have high four high 1st and 2nd round picks than taking a supposed shot at a "premium" talent with a 50% success rate.

WTF does Thomas have to with anything?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
WTF does Thomas have to with anything?
I’m not certain will Anderson is leaps and bounds better than the other edge rusher prospects. I’d rather trade back and gain multiple firsts / seconds and grab the 2nd or 3rd best edge than trade back gain only a second and get will Anderson.

I think that is what this person is saying.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m not certain will Anderson is leaps and bounds better than the other edge rusher prospects. I’d rather trade back and gain multiple firsts / seconds and grab the 2nd or 3rd best edge than trade back gain only a second and get will Anderson.

I think that is what this person is saying.

He is.

And I'm not going to start arguing with every imagined "trade scenario" people concoct in their heads. We have no clue what will be offered. To simply assume there will be a trade back for multiple 1sts is premature.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He is.

And I'm not going to start arguing with every imagined "trade scenario" people concoct in their heads. We have no clue what will be offered. To simply assume there will be a trade back for multiple 1sts is premature.
There is no such thing as a can't miss player. This is why I would trade down. More pulls from the well.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That’s a pretty depressing list honestly.
The good thing is there is a lot of DTs in FA. That’s a need for the Bears. Also McGlinchy is an huge upgrade and still is young if the Bears can get him.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Of course there isn't. Did I say there was?
Sheep.
I responded to the Twitter post mentioning taking Will Anderson at #2 and acquiring a 2nd next year. I said that's a huge waste of having the #1 pick when we are a team of lots of needs. If we were loaded like Rams, 49ers, Tampa etc and just a premium player away from a Super Bowl year.. then maybe you get that stud if he is exactly what you need. I suggested it would be pitiful to get only 1 player (like Will) and a 2nd out of the #1 pick. To trade down twice and garner two 1sts, two 2nds, a 3rd. You replied that was not the way to go, but rather take a "premium" player. I responded with the example of Solomon Thomas- taken by the 49ers at 3rd overall. Thomas is a bust. My point is.. who is your "premium" player.. that you would risk taking over a huge draft haul? Top 5 picks are 50/50.. The odds are better IMO to take shots with 2 first rounders and second rounders. Its not like #9 pick isnt a great player prospect. We need OT, DT, WR, LB etc.. just one player like Will Anderson and a 2nd is not worth the risk for a 3-12 team. We have so many needs, hence.. I disagree with your "we should just get a "premium" player opinion.

How was my response confusing? I argued for multiple picks, you recommend taking the stud at 1 or 2.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sheep.
I responded to the Twitter post mentioning taking Will Anderson at #2 and acquiring a 2nd next year. I said that's a huge waste of having the #1 pick when we are a team of lots of needs. If we were loaded like Rams, 49ers, Tampa etc and just a premium player away from a Super Bowl year.. then maybe you get that stud if he is exactly what you need. I suggested it would be pitiful to get only 1 player (like Will) and a 2nd out of the #1 pick. To trade down twice and garner two 1sts, two 2nds, a 3rd. You replied that was not the way to go, but rather take a "premium" player. I responded with the example of Solomon Thomas- taken by the 49ers at 3rd overall. Thomas is a bust. My point is.. who is your "premium" player.. that you would risk taking over a huge draft haul? Top 5 picks are 50/50.. The odds are better IMO to take shots with 2 first rounders and second rounders. Its not like #9 pick isnt a great player prospect. We need OT, DT, WR, LB etc.. just one player like Will Anderson and a 2nd is not worth the risk for a 3-12 team. We have so many needs, hence.. I disagree with your "we should just get a "premium" player opinion.

How was my response confusing? I argued for multiple picks, you recommend taking the stud at 1 or 2.

You're off arguing imaginary trades. Tag me when they get one.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That’s a pretty depressing list honestly.

I don't think it's depressing. There's some very good players on that list that can help.

There's very few "game changers" though.

This is why I like the idea of taking an Anderson or a Carter instead of whatever crazy trade scenario people come up with.

Fill your roster holes with good players in free agency.

Use the draft to get your "premium" talent. Those guys usually don't ever hit free agency.

(They also left off some names IMO)

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Tons of capital in a trade would be great, the best option. But it doesn't happen often.

If the Bears could somehow get to like Carolina's pick at 9 or ATL's at 8 with 2 trade downs, that would amazing. But it's very unlikely.

Getting say Houston's #34 and #74 and still being able to draft Anderson, that's more likely and would be great.