**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Allen Lazard is probably not gonna get paid with the Packers. Blocks really well and is a better WR than ESB. I wonder if Poles will try and sign him

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Allen Lazard is probably not gonna get paid with the Packers. Blocks really well and is a better WR than ESB. I wonder if Poles will try and sign him
No. Lazard Is going to get around $8 million per year.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
No. Lazard Is going to get around $8 million per year.
I think you underestimate how much he will get. The only WRs making around 8M per year are guys like Zay Jones, Cedrick Wilson and Devante Parker. Any WR that's worth anything gets over 10Mil. Hell, Russell Gage gets 11Mil. And he's better, IMO than other guys in that range (MVS, DJ Chark coming off an ACL, Michael Gallup off an ACL). I'd be surprised if Lazard gets anything less than 12-14Mil AAV.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think you underestimate how much he will get. The only WRs making around 8M per year are guys like Zay Jones, Cedrick Wilson and Devante Parker. Any WR that's worth anything gets over 10Mil. Hell, Russell Gage gets 11Mil. And he's better, IMO than other guys in that range (MVS, DJ Chark coming off an ACL, Michael Gallup off an ACL). I'd be surprised if Lazard gets anything less than 12-14Mil AAV.
Probably correct but just makes it more unlikely that Poles will go after him especially after trading for Claypool. No Claypool? Probably likely

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
And most likely the cap is going up so the arrow is pointing up with contracts

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
are you still scared of his fit with the team?

Yep. That doesn't mean I'd be upset if he's drafted. He just seems very boom or bust to me. I see the talent. I also see why people question the talent.

In generic draft terms:

Carter = High ceiling and low floor
Anderson = High ceiling and high floor

Just my take. I admittedly think DT is much harder to evaluate than some positions.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trade J.Fields and draft Bryce Young talk starts at 2:00.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yep. That doesn't mean I'd be upset if he's drafted. He just seems very boom or bust to me. I see the talent. I also see why people question the talent.

In generic draft terms:

Carter = High ceiling and low floor
Anderson = High ceiling and high floor

Just my take. I admittedly think DT is much harder to evaluate than some positions.
Some stupid people questioned his ability based on the Ohio St game and not doing much. But the bigger issue is that he was gassed in that game. He admitted as much. Granted, he did have like a month off between games, so it was understandable, but it's also understandable to be leery of a guy who you want as your 3T who can't give you 70-75% of the snaps.

Also, in that early clip, he played 3T, 1T and right on the nose (0T) in those 3 plays. I've always thought he was more of a 1-tech NT than a true 3T. The Bears need both, so not a big deal but I don't think he's like the 3Ts we saw in the Bears Tampa 2 heyday (Melton, Harris) who were maybe undersized but with elite quickness.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lol. Mike Tannebum drafted Mark Sanchez. Any other brilliant ideas?
Don't get me wrong here because i know Sanchez ended up a average NFL QB but didn't they go to two AFC Championship games with Sanchez? I'm saying this without going and looking it up so i know i could be wrong but i do know they had a couple good years with him.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong here because i know Sanchez ended up a average NFL QB but didn't they go to two AFC Championship games with Sanchez? I'm saying this without going and looking it up so i know i could be wrong but i do know they had a couple good years with him.
Lol. They went because of Rex’s defense and a run game. And then lost those AFC title games because of Sanchez. Sanchez was never even an average QB.

When your biggest play that you are known for is the butt fumble, then you officially are a bust.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol. Mike Tannebum drafted Mark Sanchez. Any other brilliant ideas?
pretty sure he was blowing justin fields during that stretch where the bears were scoring 30ppg. crazy how quickly people flip flop