**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You're off arguing imaginary trades. Tag me when they get one.
If you cant get good offers and picks.. then you cant get picks. You make the best of it.. and take the best player/ deal you can. But that's not what you said. You said you prefer to take a premium player with the 1st or 2nd pick of the draft instead of trying to get a good haul.

I am not a fan of that approach as even that "premium" player at best is 50/50 odds.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you cant get good offers and picks.. then you cant get picks. You make the best of it.. and take the best player/ deal you can. But that's not what you said. You said you prefer to take a premium player with the 1st or 2nd pick of the draft instead of trying to get a good haul.

I am not a fan of that approach as even that "premium" player at best is 50/50 odds.

Link?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah already said about a month ago, Poles has to spend due to being way under minimum cash spend of 90%.
That doesn't mean he's going to 'frontload' deals. It means he's going put money into signing bonuses.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That doesn't mean he's going to 'frontload' deals. It means he's going put money into signing bonuses.

Agreed. I was talking about the fact he has to spend a lot of money this offseason to meet minimum spend.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The point is. IMO your chances are better to improve your team with a couple first and couple seconds when you have a team that needs a LOT... than just chancing your once in 70 year opportunity with the #1 pick on a top talent that isnt far away considered generational. We arent one or two players away. It's just my opinion man.

As far as studies.. Ive never heard of any with a greater than 50% success rate for top picks.

"After looking at these four drafts, I found that 54 out of the 122 (44 percent) first-round draft picks were out of the league by the beginning of the 2005 season. (One out of five Qbs, nine out of 14 RBs, nine out of 15 WRs, eight out of 17 tackles, one out of five guards, one out of three TEs, 10 out of 20 DEs, two out of four DTs, seven out of 15 DBs, five out of 13 LBs, and one out of five safeties).

I also found out that 60 out of the 122 draft picks (49 percent) were starters in the NFL by the 2005 season and 47 of them (39 percent) were Pro Bowlers at least once in their career."

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I was talking about the fact he has to spend a lot of money this offseason to meet minimum spend.
Yep, I was more commenting on the tweets. That term 'frontload' is inaccurate.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cole Kmet coming back is going to anger some people on this board
Why? Thought he actually progressed this year. Is he Travis Kielce? No, but he’s not near as bad as some people say

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Laurence Holmes just said that Bryce Young is the next Drew Brees, and he would STILL take Fields over him, lmao. The other hosts during crosstalk disagreed obviously.

Reminds me why I shouldn't listen to 670. The hosts are such morons. What an embarrassing take.