**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Definitely should go top 15. I don't get the safety stuff. Play him at CB, let him play inside and out, do everything with him. But him on the best WR, put him in the slot. Blitz him off the slot, give him outside contain in the run game. Press, man, Cover 3, he can do it all, IMO.
Yeah he is a CB for sure, and I agree that he will be able to do everything there.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I agree. I think they will sign a guy to play slot actually. Gordon seemed much better on the outside imo.

A guy like Cam Sutton would be great.
I live in Pittsburgh. They REALLY want him back with the Steelers. A lockeroom and fan favorite.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
What Quan got is peanuts compared to QB money.
Well yeah but not the point exactly. Like I expected some team would decide QB contracts have gotten out of hand and take the lead on recalibrating the market. I just didn't expect it to be the same team that just gave 20 mil per to a defensive player who rarely rushes the passer.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lukas Van Ness at 8? Thought he was like a fringe 2nd rounder. Danial Jeremiah has always seemed well connected, that pick just surprised me.

Former NFL scout so his opinion carries some weight. But I’ve never watched Van Ness play so I have no opinion here to give.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This is what I’ve been saying. The WRs in this draft aren’t top tier, game breaking D receivers.

You know it is not worth taking a flier on a first round WR when Addison is looking like the top pick. Awe hell no. For his skill set, maybe I’d like him with a second. Maybe. He’s not a slot. He’s a gadget player with stars based on contrived targets. We can get weapons with his skill set later, like the kid from Nebraska. Nah. I’m good with no OL or WR in the first.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wanted to get Calvin Ridley even with him not having played for 2 years but Toney would of been nice as well, he just can't get past all these soft tissue injuries.

Not sure how you justify giving up 3rd and 6th round picks for him and his production sucks when people crying about Claypool costing a 2nd when he has actual NFL production.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not sure how you justify giving up 3rd and 6th round picks for him and his production sucks when people crying about Claypool costing a 2nd when he has actual NFL production.
Calvin Ridley's production sucks? Claypool has never been even close to as good as Ridley. Ridley is an actual true #1 WR.

I'll give up the 3rd and 6th for Ridley over the first pick in the 2nd round all day for Claypool.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Calvin Ridley's production sucks?

Okay

I'll give up the 3rd and 6th for Ridley over the first pick in the 2nd round all day for Claypool.
yeah well the Jags wont be giving up a 3rd. They're giving up a 2nd and a 5th if he's signed long term

and that includes getting zero production year one as hes suspended