**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You mean his 2 starts at tackle after starting half the season on IR with a back injury under a different system and coaching staff?
Forgive me if I don't draw an absolute conclusion from that.

You’re forgetting camp and OTA’s. He started at tackle before they moved him.

The guy was a beast at guard. Why fuck with the one thing that worked?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

They had shit at RG and he certainly was more versatile and able to kick inside than Larry Borom. I will do cartwheels if they take Paris Johnson and have 2 great young tackles, but if they trade back and O'c T is the best guy on the board, I am not going to pull my hair out bitching that they already have guards, ignoring that moving TJ to RT and having an impenetrable wall on the right side is a reasonable, maybe even very good, idea.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Don't think they will move tev but I'm pretty certain he could play any position on that line at a decent level. He's that talented

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kinda weird considering his PFF stats are equivalent to borom. Borom gonna get PAID like mcglinchey when his contract is up.

Pass blocking stats are similar. McGlinchey much better run blocker.

Also McGlinchey himself confirmed no one else was really in it.

"The offer came with all of that built in. I didn't even really field another offer because Denver's was so good right off the bat. They were direct. "We're going to have the best offer to get you. If you want it, it's yours."

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They had shit at RG and he certainly was more versatile and able to kick inside than Larry Borom. I will do cartwheels if they take Paris Johnson and have 2 great young tackles, but if they trade back and O'c T is the best guy on the board, I am not going to pull my hair out bitching that they already have guards, ignoring that moving TJ to RT and having an impenetrable wall on the right side is a reasonable, maybe even very good, idea.

He was buried on the depth chart with talk of getting traded when moving to guard basically kick started his Bears career.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He was buried on the depth chart with talk of getting traded when moving to guard basically kick started his Bears career.
And you think that was a decision based on his talent level? I have no doubt he was the best RT on the roster last year. Just so happens he was the best RG too

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure Poles and Cunningham are quite comfortable knowing they have several versatile lineman they can move around depending on what happens in the draft.

So best to just wait and see who they draft as that will provide some clarity as to potential camp battles.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And you think that was a decision based on his talent level? I have no doubt he was the best RT on the roster last year. Just so happens he was the best RG too

Not talent level.

He just worked better at guard. Go look up articles from last year if you don’t remember

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Not talent level.

He just worked better at guard. Go look up articles from last year if you don’t remember
I remember. I think the staff hated his work ethic and made an example of him to motivate him (like his college coach had said he needs occasionally).

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I remember. I think the staff hated his work ethic and made an example of him to motivate him (like his college coach had said he needs occasionally).

Getsy is also on record saying that yes, Tevin could move back to tackle but they don’t want to.

So again, this talk of him going to RT has been addressed already.

Now maybe that changes in camp. But it’s not the plan.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
*their
*I
*remydat’s, vortex doesn’t need an apostrophe, I believe it should be vortexes
*eliminate unnecessary run-on sentences
*Fantasy Football League, improper abbreviation
*missing period for the last sentence
*hear
Do you also teach classes on how to stick your nose far up @Anytime23 asshole?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Getsy is also on record saying that yes, Tevin could move back to tackle but they don’t want to.

So again, this talk of him going to RT has been addressed already.

Now maybe that changes in camp. But it’s not the plan.
Right. I don't think it will happen, but if a really good G is BPA before addressing OL at all then it is an option that makes sense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So you admit you clogged the boards running on with dumb shit that had nothing to do with football but yet crying that I am discussing actual football.

Like I said Glass House. You are the last person to chastise anyone on this as when all your whiny non football dumb shit was going on I just scrolled past it rather than cry about it.
Yes i admit i did that but you do it every single day, multiple times a day, but i stopped and you can't. It's an issue and annoying to most on here. You go on for pages and pages and pages about stupid shit that might be football but hardly ever Bears football.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right. I don't think it will happen, but if a really good G is BPA before addressing OL at all then it is an option that makes sense.
I think the more likely (but still not very likely) scenario would be a trade down and then grab Skoronski. Put him at LG and Tevin at RT.

Skoronski at least fits the scheme….. (ducks and covers)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes i admit i did that but you do it every single day, multiple times a day, but i stopped and you can't. It's an issue and annoying to most on here. You go on for pages and pages and pages about stupid shit that might be football but hardly ever Bears football.
LMFAO.

BTW, what could be more Bears related than talking about Aaron Rodgers?
Hasn't he owned the Bears for years now?