**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I almost thought Greg was going to be right them he gave his reason young won't be traded before the deadline. The real reason is Washington would be dumb to trade an elite talent at his absolute lowest value when they hope to compete this year anyway. Play him and hope he regains form to where you either get a haul at the deadline or re-sign him after the season

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I almost thought Greg was going to be right them he gave his reason young won't be traded before the deadline. The real reason is Washington would be dumb to trade an elite talent at his absolute lowest value when they hope to compete this year anyway. Play him and hope he regains form to where you either get a haul at the deadline or re-sign him after the season
Agreed.

If Greg said it the opposite is more than likely true. He’s not quite as good with the #anticalledit as LaCanfora or our very own @DanielCCSBears who are both batting around .950-.850.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
can't believe people still talk about club dub. or even the trick plays

like that was the big problem with Nagy
Christ, his problem was that he is a bad coach that thinks he is smarter than everyone else.
Club Dub, his silly trick plays, the wall sized whiteboard, his cringy basement room, his horrible playcalling he refused to give up are all manifestations of his hubris.

He will "I am the smartest guy in the room" KC to hell, if given the opportunity. Hell, he already did it in his one chance to call plays for Mahomes in the playoffs in 2018.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If we are talking the entire package, with the current roster, I would have to lean Forte. Forte in today's NFL would be even better than he was in the 2010's and a top 3 receiving RB would be invaluable to Fields. Plus Marshall clearly would not be able to not melt down at some point in a 5 year span when he was young and in his prime.

Forte
1684069325417.png

Marshall
1684069491867.png

Attachments

• 1684069433658.png
    1684069433658.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 1

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But you gong to pay Allen, Payne, Sweat and Young 80m combined. Seems like a surefire way to be the Lovie Smith Bears 7-11 games but never being a serious contender.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If we are talking the entire package, with the current roster, I would have to lean Forte. Forte in today's NFL would be even better than he was in the 2010's and a top 3 receiving RB would be invaluable to Fields. Plus Marshall clearly would not be able to not melt down at some point in a 5 year span when he was young and in his prime.

Forte
View attachment 29222

Marshall
View attachment 29224
They are both great choices, but I’m still on Marshall. With his height and strength, he was always open. Also, he was a devastating run blocker and this team loves to run the football.

Look at this WR group:

1. Marshall
2. Moore
3. Mooney
4. Claypool
5. Scott
6. Jones Jr.

With Kmet and Tonyan as the top 2 TEs…

Plus, I went to UCF so that’s the ultimate tiebreaker for me.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
But you gong to pay Allen, Payne, Sweat and Young 80m combined. Seems like a surefire way to be the Lovie Smith Bears 7-11 games but never being a serious contender.
Yeah that was what I thought this past year too with payne, so what do I know.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Commanders going to have new owners soon. What kind of moves would a gm be allowed to make while that process plays out? I believe the Payne deal was done in a way that the new owners pay him the signing bonus.

Canth

Liked Posts:
They are both great choices, but I’m still on Marshall. With his height and strength, he was always open. Also, he was a devastating run blocker and this team loves to run the football.

Look at this WR group:

1. Marshall
2. Moore
3. Mooney
4. Claypool
5. Scott
6. Jones Jr.

Wasn’t it also true though that teams with Marshall never made the playoffs? Forget winning in the playoffs, they never even made it to the playoffs

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Wasn’t it also true though that teams with Marshall never made the playoffs? Forget winning in the playoffs, they never even made it to the playoffs
Are you suggesting that Marshall was the reason his team didn’t make the playoffs? Who was the best QB he played with in his prime?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Are you suggesting that Marshall was the reason his team didn’t make the playoffs? Who was the best QB he played with in his prime?
Was he the sole reason? No, of course not. Doesn’t mean that wasn’t something weird there and he was a part of it.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Christ, his problem was that he is a bad coach that thinks he is smarter than everyone else.
Club Dub, his silly trick plays, the wall sized whiteboard, his cringy basement room, his horrible playcalling he refused to give up are all manifestations of his hubris.

He will "I am the smartest guy in the room" KC to hell, if given the opportunity. Hell, he already did it in his one chance to call plays for Mahomes in the playoffs in 2018.
Well said, Nagy is a self absorbed idiot! Worst most stubborn coach I'v ever seen.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I’m liking the idea of a Chase Young trade more and more, and had already loved it even before the draft.

I found this hypothetical proposal from Seattle:

A suggested trade offer would be Seattle offering a 2024 second-round pick and a conditional 2025 second-round pick that will convey if Young hits a specific threshold for playing time in 2023.

I wouldn’t mind something like a conditional 2024 3rd that becomes a 2nd due to playing time and a 2025 3rd for Chase Young.

Getting him now, at his cheapest, is the best play.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Look at this WR group:

1. Marshall
2. Moore
3. Mooney
4. Claypool
5. Scott
6. Jones Jr.

I think that would be a phenomenal group. The only reason I would choose Forte over Marshall is because he brings something the Rb group doesn’t have. He was a do it all RB. He would open up the Wrs and TEs more. Brining in Marshall almost makes it too much of a crowded room. That might lead to temper tantrums from him.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Bradley Chubb was traded at the deadline last year. He had 5.5 sacks in his first 8 games. Denver received a late 1st (pick 29) and a 4th-rounder. Chubb received a 5 year $110M contract from Miami. If Young gets off to a similar start what do the Commanders and Young get in trade/contract?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Bradley Chubb was traded at the deadline last year. He had 5.5 sacks in his first 8 games. Denver received a late 1st (pick 29) and a 4th-rounder. Chubb received a 5 year $110M contract from Miami. If Young gets off to a similar start what do the Commanders and Young get in trade/contract?
Probably something similar. That's why I can't imagine them trading him before the season