**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i dont see johnson sticking around, i think if he plays well and stevenson and smith look like they have bright futures, if a team comes calling at the trade deadline offering a 3rd i think he's gone.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
No one is going to give up a 3rd for a half year rental
tell that to the 49ers who traded mid season for sanders and got to the superbowl. if poles can get a 4th for quinn who did nothing for the eagles then its certainly possible for johnson to net a 3rd with a CB needy team in the playoff hunt

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Idt I’m down to pay kmet 10mil+. He’s definitely better than allot of the trash pace invested in(te) but still just a guy.

I’m pretty sure especially after the draft and getting moore they want to keep claypool over Mooney

I would be shocked if they sign jj to an extension.
Really thought Poles would grab Payne Durham with the pick they chose Sewell at as a eventual Kmet replacement.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Maybe Justin Fields should try not being the worst passing quarterback in the NFL before he goes pounding the table for his college teammates.

mecha

Liked Posts:

The three members of the Bears' 2023 draft class who remain unsigned are second-round defensive tackle Gervon Dexter Sr., second-round cornerback Tyrique Stevenson and fourth-round running back Roschon Johnson.
what is the strategic premise behind drafted players not signing their contracts? you're rookies, you're not going to get veteran money out the gate. I never understood this. apologies in advance if this sounds ignorant.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
what is the strategic premise behind drafted players not signing their contracts? you're rookies, you're not going to get veteran money out the gate. I never understood this. apologies in advance if this sounds ignorant.

Guess they're waiting for guys to sign that were drafted before or after. Maybe they're waiting for the dominoes to fall to gauge what they should make

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

There's contract language nuance. It's not as simple as just negotiating a price. That's why Roquan held out for a month his rookie year.