**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's not like Sanborn is this star so many people here think he is.
Thank you!

Like Jones, I am happy with his play for the price paid. But to think it's a position we shouldn't upgrade is, well....nuts.

And it's not like Sanborn is being cut. He'll still play.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Edmunds is actually who I wanted the Bears to draft back in 2018 over Quan as felt Quan was too small to play ILB and would get swallowed up by blockers. So it seems we have come full circle and now Edmunds is a Bear.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wouldn't have been either way with Brisker, Jackon, Johnson and Edwards. Just think he and Edwards would have been fine but not like I absolutely hate this and more than likely there were be injuries so having 3 good LBs isn't a bad idea. I just would have allocated the resources differently but oh well.
The Colts were always grooming linebackers, so I'm not surprised to see Flus viewing Sanborn as a depth / developmental piece and loading up with guys who can play.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Lol at spending all this money on off the ball LBs.

Somebody tell our meathead coach this isn't the early 2000s. Off ball LBs don't win you games.

KC just won it all with two second round LBs on their rookie contract.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Colts were always grooming linebackers, so I'm not surprised to see Flus viewing Sanborn as a depth / developmental piece and loading up with guys who can play.

Yeah like I said, I don't hate it just not a huge fan. Although I do prefer he spend money on actual good players rather than spending on lesser players just because of need.

I wonder too if he got Edwards at such a good price that he he felt he could get Edmunds. If he had budgeted say 25m for LB then Edwards so cheap made this possible.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Same old Bears focusing on fucking linebackers. Very disappointed in this signing. The first one made sense, not this overpay like it’s a premium position.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Lol at spending all this money on off the ball LBs.

Somebody tell our meathead coach this isn't the early 2000s. Off ball LBs don't win you games.

KC just won it all with two second round LBs on their rookie contract.

drafting someone in the 2nd round is a pretty big investment. i'm not sure i get what you're trying to say here, fella???

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He wouldn't have been either way with Brisker, Jackon, Johnson and Edwards. Just think he and Edwards would have been fine but not like I absolutely hate this and more than likely there were be injuries so having 3 good LBs isn't a bad idea. I just would have allocated the resources differently but oh well.
OK, but I guess I don't fit into the "improve the team but don't mess with Borom or Sanborn" crowd.