**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He got two starting LBs and a 2nd round pick for what it would have cost for Roquan. (And I am a Roquan fan) I'd say that's OK.
and landing the 1st pick in the draft is also due to not signing Roquan.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a possibility.

Putting Whitehair at C is not. There are C options available where the Bears have three picks. There is no way Whitehair is their vision at C at $10M per year. Nate Davis is same cost and may be a small/moderate upgrade. I cannot envision the Bears playing them together at LG and C.
And you can draft a center. We have all of those picks at the end of the 2nd, beginning of the 3rd.

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
Can I pick C for neither option? Linebacker is the least important position in the modern NFL. We have no dline pass rush and aren’t getting one at 9. I don’t get it.
Are there only 2 dline pass rushers in the draft? We're screwed!

Rise

Liked Posts:
He got two starting LBs and a 2nd round pick for what it would have cost for Roquan. (And I am a Roquan fan) I'd say that's OK.

They were smart to trade Roquan. Get your linebackers in the middle of the draft and let them sign elsewhere after their rookie deals.

I want to spend money on dline/oline/wr/cb/qb.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
OK so why was it so important to get the trade with the Panthers all finished before free agency when the plan was to just load up on off-ball linebackers?

Excited to see the offensive line be a complete shitshow again. Oh and the defensive line has less than talent than like a dozen college programs. Excited for to hear how ninth overall is going to solve team needs at five positions for the next month and a half.
Bears tried for some lineman. The lineman didn’t want to come here. Not the Bears fault that the player chose a destination. Just because there are FA and we have money doesn’t mean they are coming here automatically.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Me too, but there has to be somebody great at those positions that we could get, and it looks like there aren't at either OT or DT (if you believe Jones is signing with CLE). You have to overpay somebody to reach the cap floor, so why not do it for a guy who's really good? I think this will work out just fine.
This is weak justification. The cap floor is not an excuse to hand out one of the largest LB contracts in NFL history in terms of guaranteed $.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I suspect Poles went into FA wanting to shore up DL and OL but then he looked at the ridiculous money DTs were getting and the ridiculous money that mediocre OTs were getting and quickly pivoted to spending on players he felt were worth the money.

You can then expect him to probably target T, C, DL with those 4 picks in the top 64.