**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Improved interior DL will help the edges quite a bit if there is no room for the QB to move up in the pocket. The issues last year were Robinson/Gipson/Etc did not fair well in the run game and did not have the bend off the edge to get to the QB if the pocket was not collapsed.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Long way to go but next year's class seems to have more elite prospects than average.

Williams
Maye
Harrison
Verse
Bowers
Fashanu

I would say that's easily more than the last two classes combined.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
He's also been mediocre the last couple seasons.

I don't think there's any way they sign Floyd and Ngakoue, and I wouldn't want that anyway. Let guys who will be here prove themselves. Also Ngakoue isn't a very good player.

I think Houston is a darkhorse. Ties to Eberflus and consistent productivity, including 9.5 sacks last year.
i dont think your really gonna find anyone thats on the street that is really more than mediocre otherwise why would they still be on the street?
houston would be nice but if i were him, i'd be chasing a ring(last i heard he wants to return to ravens) so unless the bears were to pay some big bucks i wouldnt even consider the bears.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
i dont think your really gonna find anyone thats on the street that is really more than mediocre otherwise why would they still be on the street?
houston would be nice but if i were him, i'd be chasing a ring(last i heard he wants to return to ravens) so unless the bears were to pay some big bucks i wouldnt even consider the bears.
I have no idea what motivates people. Calais Campbell signed with ATL. Frank Gore played for crap teams well into his 30s.

There are also usually some impactful players signed in the summer. I think Floyd would one.

I think optimally the Bears would sign a cap casualty or trade for someone.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The thing is he played at 180-185. Yes he got up to 205 at the combine but Young for example already looks like he has lost some of that weight from the combine as he probably isnt working out as much at the moment.

Also your original statment was advocating he get up to 220-225 which would be 35-40 pounds from his natural weight.

It is one thing doing that in the offseason but players routinely drop weight in season as they workout less as more of their time is focused on game prep and preserving their bodies.

So asking a guy with his build to put on and maintain 35-45 pounds of muscle from his playing weight is a tall order IMO. Hence why he is just hoping he can stay around 200 not get to the 220-225 you suggested. It would probably take him 2 or more offseasons to settle in at the 220-225.

I know of various weight & muscle gain supplements that could keep him around 220-225. I'm sure the Panther trainers know this as well. The focus is more muscle on his small frame

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I have no idea what motivates people. Calais Campbell signed with ATL. Frank Gore played for crap teams well into his 30s.

There are also usually some impactful players signed in the summer. I think Floyd would one.

Yeah seems like there is generally 4 things off the top of my head that play a role for guys. Championship contention, money, scheme/coaching comfortability, and location. Bears can awful several of those for Floyd or Houston. So I guess we will see what ends up happening.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I know of various weight & muscle gain supplements that could keep him around 220-225. I'm sure the Panther trainers know this as well.
Nice. I didn't realize there was supplements that target the specific weight of 225 lbs. Can you tell us more about these super secret supplements you know about, sir?

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know of various weight & muscle gain supplements that could keep him around 220-225. I'm sure the Panther trainers know this as well.
The issue with that would be whether or not the added muscle impacts how he plays qb. There aren't many extremely muscle bound qbs that have found success in the NFL. Fit yes, bulked up no.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I know of various weight & muscle gain supplements that could keep him around 220-225. I'm sure the Panther trainers know this as well. The focus is more muscle on his small frame
200w.webp

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nice. I didn't realize there was supplements that target the specific weight of 225 lbs. Can you tell us more about these super secret supplements you know about, sir?

Through a bad or good diet, one increase or Decrease weight.I don't wanna promote products here at CCS
With the help of a training staff and nutritionist Young should be able to lock in on the proper muscle mass and
weight gain.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

i think most of them have that desire to win a ring...campbell certainly tried for multiple years and now took the money...gore also tried for a few years but as a 1 dimensional RB its hard to do that. houston continue to talk about chasing that ring, like i said if the bears were to pony up upwards of 8 mill they may be able to sway him but that just doesnt seem like something Poles would do.

I agree the bears will scour the waiver wire and pick up someone that way.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Through a bad or good diet, one increase or Decrease weight.I don't wanna promote products here at CCS
With the help of a training staff and nutritionist Young should be able to lock in on the proper muscle mass and
weight gain.
supplements can make your run up in weight easier but can make you feel like shit on your way there....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's also been mediocre the last couple seasons.

I don't think there's any way they sign Floyd and Ngakoue, and I wouldn't want that anyway. Let guys who will be here prove themselves. Also Ngakoue isn't a very good player.

I think Houston is a darkhorse. Ties to Eberflus and consistent productivity, including 9.5 sacks last year.
Houston has ties to Flus and Poles from his days in KC. Don't see poles signing a guy that old but ya never know. He's still got juice in him going off of last year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Houston has ties to Flus and Poles from his days in KC. Don't see poles signing a guy that old but ya never know. He's still got juice in him going off of last year.
Reiff was that old.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The issue with that would be whether or not the added muscle impacts how he plays qb. There aren't many extremely muscle bound qbs that have found success in the NFL. Fit yes, bulked up no.

I'm not advocating "extremely muscle bound". I'm saying just enough to absorb hits without getting injured easily.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
i think most of them have that desire to win a ring...campbell certainly tried for multiple years and now took the money...gore also tried for a few years but as a 1 dimensional RB its hard to do that. houston continue to talk about chasing that ring, like i said if the bears were to pony up upwards of 8 mill they may be able to sway him but that just doesnt seem like something Poles would do.

I agree the bears will scour the waiver wire and pick up someone that way.
Gore has 4000 yards receiving and played for one team that made the playoffs in 30s.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah they're like the air machine at the gas station where you put in the amount you want to stop at and it beeps when you hit it.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Ahh the whole world thinking drafting the #2 RB in a non RB NFL at 12 while you have similar talent on the team and an ILB at 18 that no one else was drafting day 1 was frickin' horrible was because of lack of dopamine.

Got it.

Hey Brad, let me save you some time in 2027, Gibbs and Campbell's 5th year options...declined.
Brad Holmes...................these are my guys, and I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. Smartest guy in the room mindset.