*OFFICAIL* Press Conference Thread 1/31

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can you summarize what he said? I am unable to listen
It did not inspire any confidence. Didn't talk scheme or anything. Just coach speak aka Nagy.

Hearing these answers from these guys - just wtf did they talk about in the Interview?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Can you summarize what he said? I am unable to listen
Basically, "same as defense," he said.---High effort. Take care of the ball.

Someone asked if Justin Fields is a franchise quarterback, and he responded that they've not evaluated yet, and that every player will undergo the same evaluation. Oof.

Media throwing them both softballs, trying to get them to talk at all about Fields, and neither one is swinging.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It did not inspire any confidence. Didn't talk scheme or anything. Just coach speak aka Nagy.

Hearing these answers from these guys - just wtf did they talk about in the Interview?
"He was just such a gentleman! Very impressive!!"

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

My only thought is it could be too early to announce a specific scheme. But at the same time, you have to have some idea what you want yourself and OC to accomplish

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Why did you want to come to Chicago?

Poles: "The history of this place." Championship potential. George sold him on it, he says.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My only thought is it could be too early to announce a specific scheme. But at the same time, you have to have some idea what you want yourself and OC to accomplish
Maybe the OC hasn't decided yet because he hasn't really been able to sit down with Feilds and come up with a plan?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hot damn we finally got a real answer and it's an impressive one!

Flus talking about how he's going to sit down with the offense and give a defensive perspective as they build out this offensive what's hard on a defense - that's what Bill belichick does and I don't know of anyone else who's even tried it!

Not gonna lie, that part got me excited.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Basically, "same as defense," he said.---High effort. Take care of the ball.

Someone asked if Justin Fields is a franchise quarterback, and he responded that they've not evaluated yet, and that every player will undergo the same evaluation. Oof.

Media throwing them both softballs, trying to get them to talk at all about Fields, and neither one is swinging.
Who would come to this organization and not expect Fields to be the franchise QB? Interesting comments.