**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dilfer is saying you watch a quarterbacks feet and eyes to see if he is going through his reads properly. Against the Giants, he saw nothing on rewatch that would indicated Fields is not going through his progressions. If this is the Pettis drop, Difler labeled that a great throw that the receiver needs to catch.

No this is the throw in the end zone where Pettis was not open but Kmet is open underneath about a yard short of 1st down marker.

Generally my issue with Fields is not progressions. It is he wants to throw it to the deep guy too much and he waits a tick too long to throw as he wants to see the guy open rather than anticipate him being open coming out of his cut.

I would say on the Pettis throw he did not need to back shouldler that. It is a good back shoulder throw but the better throw would be to lead Pettis as Pettis had the guy beat with no S help. Having said that Pettis needs to catch that regardless.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No this is the throw in the end zone where Pettis was not open but Kmet is open underneath about a yard short of 1st down marker.

Generally my issue with Fields is not progressions. It is he wants to throw it to the deep guy too much and he waits a tick too long to throw as he wants to see the guy open rather than anticipate him being open coming out of his cut.

I would say on the Pettis throw he did not need to back shouldler that. It is a good back shoulder throw but the better throw would be to lead Pettis as Pettis had the guy beat with no S help. Having said that Pettis needs to catch that regardless.
Well said. The maddening part about that is he has made those types of throws, very inconsistent

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
did i miss the posts on trubisky being benched for pickett?...
for all the issues he had with nagy and the bears, he got his fresh start in pittsburgh with plenty of weapons, he got benched after only 3.5 games

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
did i miss the posts on trubisky being benched for pickett?...
for all the issues he had with nagy and the bears, he got his fresh start in pittsburgh with plenty of weapons, he got benched after only 3.5 games
idk but that was pretty much of a calledit for most of the realists here. (4 games).

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
The edge was actually blocked well as the DE was pushed very wide but Fields ran right into him.
There is more going on in this play than the idea of the DT 'flashing' and Fields not trusting his Oline.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Status
Not open for further replies.