**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile Getsy was like, "Let's not hand this dude the ball for 16 minutes in the first half."

Every Bears coach has done this dude wrong. He's a fucking animal. Let him be one.
I mean he wasn’t week one…

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
“Anyone can tackle”

Eddie actually probably tackled better than most on sunday. I don’t recall him missing one actually so good for him
He did them have that tackle where he launched himself at the RB and didn’t wrap up and then got up to flex but the RB still wasn’t down. Lol

He had that problem on not wrapping up early in his career. And then he just stopped tackling lol

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
He did them have that tackle where he launched himself at the RB and didn’t wrap up and then got up to flex but the RB still wasn’t down. Lol

He had that problem on not wrapping up early in his career. And then he just stopped tackling lol
Ohhh yeah haha. Forgot about that one.

Better overall from him though. Looks like he has been truing to be more physical for sure though.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow at the “penalty”

You have to credit the running back sometimes. Monty is known for breaking tackles and the first guy missing. We don’t talk about the packers missing tackles…we credit monty. Packers fans probably screaming poor tackling.

It was frustrating as hell but they are also rookies facing some good talent.

I just became that guy that had back to back posts rather than fitting my replies in one post.

…….Oh, i’m sorry

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Double whammy if you let Fields use his legs. Gotta respect his ability to pick up first downs on a scramble.
Scramble means he's optioned out of a pass play due to pressure or wide open run lane. I don't think anyone needs to 'let' him do that and is always available to him. I don't want a lot of designed runs for my QB. Especially one that needs to learn how to navigate a pocket.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Scramble means he's optioned out of a pass play due to pressure or wide open run lane. I don't think anyone needs to 'let' him do that and is always available to him. I don't want a lot of designed runs for my QB. Especially one that needs to learn how to navigate a pocket.
If he does it more often you have to, as a D, begin to respect it.

Why hamper that ability?

The more things for the D to consider the better imo.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he does it more often you have to, as a D, begin to respect it.

Why hamper that ability?

The more things for the D to consider the better imo.
Already stated that he needs to learn to navigate a pocket. I don't mind the odd set play that has him with a huge gap that he can navigate and slide but top QBs win in the air come playoffs. I don't want my guy beat down by that time. The NFL is a passing league and scrambles are back breakers but they're scrambles. Not QB runs. I have no issue with Fields taking off on his own and sliding or the odd run setup but I don't want him taking off on a bunch of options. Even if healthy, they get beat down by years end. Yes, there's exceptions but the SB winning QBs win with their arms. The 2 QBs closest to runners that won a SB were Elway and Wilson. It was late in Elways career after he stopped running except for time to throw and to escape and Wilson scrambles to throw or run OB/slide.

Last edited:

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Already stated that he needs to learn to navigate a pocket. I don't mind the odd set play that has him with a huge gap that he can navigate and slide but top QBs win in the air come playoffs. I don't want my guy beat down by that time. The NFL is a passing league and scrambles are back breakers but they're scrambles. Not QB runs. I have no issue with Fields taking off on his own and sliding or the odd run setup but I don't want him taking off on a bunch of options. Even if healthy, they get beat down by years end. Yes, there's exceptions but the SB winning QBs win with their arms.
I never said they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.