**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
This is smartest guy in the room syndrome. Going away from what is working because you are trying to outsmart the D. The Bears should be a 12 and 21 personnel team. We are not good enough for 11 personnel. We should play it in obvious passing downs and as a change of pace not on critical downs where we only need a few yards. KB and RG are better at their jobs than our 3rd WR is at their job.
I think this is basically it. The play design is interesting for a 2nd & short around midfield but looking at the aspects of it - seems to not be well suited at all for goal line 4th & inches. Shotgun sneak where the RG pulls and you rely on your RB to runblock Preston Smith (Monty somehow manages to actually do this tbf) - not expecting a high % chance of success when the entire defense (in base) is looking to penetrate as hard and fast as possible because of the down and distance...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They scored the TD - the only reason it's stupid is because of the personnel and how it looked live/on screen

They could have made it easier, totally, but as I said in the comment you quoted they executed poorly on the play which makes it look even worse.

People getting hung up on a play that actually resulted in a TD are just being angry for angry's sake.
I think that the Bears should test Kmet pretty soon to see what they do or don't have at that position. Frankly the guy doesn't impress me as a TE although it has been a small test set.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think that the Bears should test Kmet pretty soon to see what they do or don't have at that position. Frankly the guy doesn't impress me as a TE although it has been a small test set.
To be somewhat fair, isn’t he asked to chip a ton?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That wasn't my point at all.

Really.

He very clearly scored. It was by a margin you often see on under-center QB sneaks, the least controversial call the Bears could've run in that situaiton. It was just a case of Lambeau being Lambeau and the Packers being the Packers. Had the Bears had someone waltz into the endzone untouched they just would've thrown a flag anyways.

Sure seems that way to me.

Reactions: DC

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be somewhat fair, isn’t he asked to chip a ton?
I agree with you. I'm going back to last year also. I just haven't seen why this guy was picked as high as he was. Maybe he has teh talent? I just haven't seen any results.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I think this is basically it. The play design is interesting for a 2nd & short around midfield but looking at the aspects of it - seems to not be well suited at all for goal line 4th & inches. Shotgun sneak where the RG pulls and you rely on your RB to runblock Preston Smith (Monty somehow manages to actually do this tbf) - not expecting a high % chance of success when the entire defense (in base) is looking to penetrate as hard and fast as possible because of the down and distance...
The only thing I can think of is that they were baiting a nickel package and trying to avoid a heavy goal line package, a 4-2 nickel over a 5-3 goal line.

GB saw the formation and personal and met them in the middle with a base package. I’m thinking they were trying to manipulate using personnel.

The key was when, I think it was, ‘Flus said they were having success against their nickel. I could be wrong, but that’s my read of their motivation.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he can engineer a retinal implant to help Fields throw the ball with anticipation.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Fullback Khari Blasingame was on the field for gains of 13, 9, 6, 11, 14, 28, 26, 6 and 4 yards, as well as Fields’ 5-yard touchdown run. He was not on the field for the fourth down at the goal line.

Almost as effective, tight end Ryan Griffin was on the field for gains of 12, 1, 4, 11, 18, 2, 11, 14 and 2 yards, plus Fields’ touchdown. The 18-yarder was his reception.

This is not rocket science. Why would you go 3 WR on 4th down when you are averaging 12.2 yards per carry with a fullback in the game or 8.7 YPC with a 2nd TE?

This is smartest guy in the room syndrome. Going away from what is working because you are trying to outsmart the D. The Bears should be a 12 and 21 personnel team. We are not good enough for 11 personnel. We should play it in obvious passing downs and as a change of pace not on critical downs where we only need a few yards. KB and RG are better at their jobs than our 3rd WR is at their job.
I don’t disagree the playcall was dumb, but to your point they were beating the nickel D?

You have to think that if they line up 2 TE and a fullback the packers go goal line defense. Obviously not a lot of faith the bears OL can win that match up, hence go for a somewhat trick play as they don’t trust the line to win without advantage in numbers.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I originally read that as “rectal implant” so I thought he just may be onto something there… ?

Little zap to ye olde cornhole cannon could be just what the doctor ordered for this offense.
Watching the Bears makes you feel like you got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.