***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Will McClay staying in DAL. Jerry probably paid out the ass. Need him to make him look confident

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There are plenty of dumb calls to sports radio by dumb fans that can be laughed at. But fuck meatball writers who are all over the board coming back later and shitting on fans for their opinions.

Well yea - and you have to understand a lot of times those manipulative pricks push stories to rile up the meatballs, just to get clicks/views/listens/impressions.

So they really are cynical, narcissistic, manipulative bastards who will act all superior when you call them out on it - "fake news" didn't start with politics, despite the douche who popularized the phrase.

Sports teams have known for a long damn time just how sleazy many of these guys are....

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Will McClay staying in DAL. Jerry probably paid out the ass. Need him to make him look confident
Parkins and Spiegel were talking about this guy the other day. This guy has to be paid extremely well to not only reward just how well of a job he's done, but also the fact that he's really going to get zero public credit as Jerry also has that GM position.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Parkins and Spiegel were talking about this guy the other day. This guy has to be paid extremely well to not only reward just how well of a job he's done, but also the fact that he's really going to get zero public credit as Jerry also has that GM position.
Yep.

Money well spent on Jerry's part. Keep the talent, inflate your ego. There must have never been any juice behind him leaving because he was a huge name months ago and its been crickets the past week.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yep.

Money well spent on Jerry's part. Keep the talent, inflate your ego. There must have never been any juice behind him leaving because he was a huge name months ago and its been crickets the past week.
Good for him though. It could be easy to puff up your chest and let the ego get the best out of you because you're not getting the title.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I want nothing to do with Ireland but if we're being fair, he has way more experience than Ryan and has prior GM experience, which was a disaster.
That’s true. A guy with no experience though gives the illusion of hope.. lol. I’m all in on one of the Colts guys.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It also seems like Polian is getting the right folks interviewed, I hope Tanica and George don’t mess it up.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I can’t remember the last time the Bears traded back and got an extra 1st or two. If the new GM does that, I’ll know right away the guy is a keeper and brings a fresh perspective to this organization.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He kills it down here. Would have been one of the best options easily if available

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Coming into a year one situation with what pace has done to this teams cap and picks there is no worse team than the bears. Even George commented on the talent when he said he doesn’t see any playmakers. But for the right price idt they will care

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I can’t remember the last time the Bears traded back and got an extra 1st or two. If the new GM does that, I’ll know right away the guy is a keeper and brings a fresh perspective to this organization.
your measure of success for the general manager of a multi billion dollar football org is the ability to trade back for extra picks? what could go wrong!

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
your measure of success for the general manager of a multi billion dollar football org is the ability to trade back for extra picks? what could go wrong!

Is your measure of success trading up every single year and throwing picks away like candy? What could go wrong! It’s not like the Bears have an aging, mediocre roster or anything.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
i know this is gonna seem outlandish but i usually measure success with wins and losses

Do you mind telling us how many games the Bears will win next year? And in 2023?

Are you suggesting that the Bears would win more games by not trading back and accumulating assets, despite being a 6-11 team and having the one of the oldest rosters in football..? Greet logic there bud

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Why don’t you guys tell me who you want as HC instead so now I can laugh at you